NVIDIA GeForce 522.25 WHQL driver download & Discussion

Discussion in 'Videocards - NVIDIA GeForce Drivers Section' started by PeskyPotato, Oct 12, 2022.

1. Meathelix1

Meathelix1 Master Guru

GPU:
    10x 3090ti 24G
    I have a 4k 32-inch 160hz monitor, if I enable dlss quality on one of my other 3 1440p 27-inch monitors it does not look good no matter what, but on my 4k monitor, it looks good.

If there is no difference then why have different settings? Nothing beats native but quality is damn close too it and yes it does have somethings that you can spot if you are anal about it. Wait for DLSS 3,0 that crap going to look bad no matter what they do with it.

2. mbk1969

mbk1969 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GF RTX 4070
    I suspect you confused ResizableBAR and HAGS. I had never heard about enabling HAGS in VBIOS.

lukas_1987_dion likes this.
  3. Mustang104

Mustang104 Member Guru

GPU:
    nVidia 3080 RTX
    Yes with 522 branch it happens everytime, this is actually the first time in ages that I've actually had a problem with the nvidia drivers, so for now I'll just stick with the previous WHQL and try again when another newer driver comes along - thanks for taking your time to test/replicate the issue ;)

4. schloppy

schloppy Member Guru

GPU:
    ASUS 3080 TUF V2
    As others have said, Cyberpunk's map has graphical corruption here too.

5. aufkrawall2

aufkrawall2 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    7800 XT Hellhound
    There is a difference, but it's not giant. Structures consisting of fewer pixels tend to smear more. With less resolution, you have more of these structures. But they will also start smearing with higher resolutions when distance between camera and object increases, as this makes them rendered smaller.
    Then there is of course also blur, which will get worse with lower res too. But that's basically it, no huge differences when it comes to ghosting. Which DLSS btw. often does less than traditional TAA, as it has that aforementioned smearing instead (which XeSS has too).

I just finished Kena with DLSS Q in 1440p. Like in many games, it looks way better than native 1440p TAA that usually has tons of motion blur vs. DLSS 2.4.6.

dr_rus likes this.
  6. ~AngusHades~

~AngusHades~ Active Member

GPU:
    Nvidia RTX 3090
    I still find DLSS Quality blurry at 1440P , I personally don’t use it.

lukas_1987_dion likes this.
  7. sertopico

sertopico Maha Guru

GPU:
    Palit Gamerock 4090
    Netherwind likes this.
  8. CRUBINO

CRUBINO Guest

GPU:
    Zotac Geforce GTX1080 FE
    this performance gain actually rely on "Resizable BAR" (that's the reason why NVIDIA show-up the result with Assassin's Creed Valhalla which an example game title that knowing would take advantage with Resizable BAR).

And too bad, this Resizable BAR only available on RTX 30 or newer. Some gamers with RTX 30 but with CPU and mobo that not supported Resizable BAR also could be didn't see much improvement with this new driver.

Last edited: Oct 13, 2022
  9. dampflokfreund

dampflokfreund Master Guru

GPU:
    8600/8700M Series
    On the official website they say

"In our new driver, we’ve got launch support for several highly anticipated releases, giving players the best possible experience when gaming on GeForce RTX graphics cards, desktops and laptops"

So it seems all RTX hardware, including Turing, will benefit from the DX12 enhancements and it doesn't rely on Resizeable Bar. @ManuelG could you please confirm?

RodroG likes this.
  10. XantaX

XantaX Master Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4070 TI 12G
    Totally Wrong :D

AuerX likes this.

11. RealNC

RealNC Ancient Guru

GPU:
    4070 Ti Super
    I assume this driver does absolutely nothing for Maxwell cards when it comes to DX12? :p

12. Netherwind

Netherwind Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GB 4090 Gaming OC
  13. vestibule

vestibule Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Radeon RX6600XT
    It would be good if someone could post up some comparisons for the 3060 previous and the new driver.

14. GamerNerves

GamerNerves Master Guru

GPU:
    RX 5700 XT Nitro+
    I am happy to see the DX12 performance improvements, though didn't they mean that they alleviated the driver overhead, which has been worse than Radeons' in a CPU bottlenecked scenario on DX12 and Vulkan APIs. This would make sense since RTX 4090 is so fast that even the best CPUs cannot deliver for it at 1440p, which I imagine some individual RTX 4090 buyers will use, and many more RTX 4080 shoppers naturally, which ARE also able to outpace the CPU.

15. Meathelix1

Meathelix1 Master Guru

GPU:
    10x 3090ti 24G

16. sertopico

sertopico Maha Guru

GPU:
    Palit Gamerock 4090
    I cannot read where they state it's fake news, actually the writer tells the opposite

XantaX likes this.
  17. LocoDiceGR

LocoDiceGR Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte 3060 Ti
  18. Martigen

Martigen Master Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1080Ti SLI
    Just as a data point, I get no map corruption with these drivers in Cyberpunk. Two things that may have a bearing:
    Disabling DLSS in game (and thus in theory the mod) I still have no issues with the map, however.

Mapson likes this.
  19. PapaJohn

PapaJohn Master Guru

GPU:
    Asus 6700XT OC 12Gb
    Um, Taiga says nah!

20. OnnA

OnnA Ancient Guru

GPU:
    TiTan RTX Ampere UV
    Maby all it needs is Reset cache (also in Windows) + Reset NVCP :)