MSI B650 prices begin at 199 USD.

Discussion in 'Frontpage news' started by Hilbert Hagedoorn, Oct 2, 2022.

1. Horus-Anhur

Horus-Anhur Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RX 6800 XT
    Yeah, but the X570 was the high end chipset. The B650 is the lowest of the low end of the chipsets that AMD presented so far.
    Something tells me there won't be an A360 chipset.

[​IMG]

tunejunky and cucaulay malkin like this.
  2. cucaulay malkin

cucaulay malkin Ancient Guru

GPU:
    AD102/Navi21
    exactly. can't compare these 200usd boards
    https://pcpartpicker.com/product/Yd...e-ax-atx-am4-motherboard-x570s-aorus-elite-ax
    https://pcpartpicker.com/product/JJ...x-atx-lga1700-motherboard-z690-aorus-elite-ax

to this thing
    [​IMG]

but it seems like undying made up his mind about getting a 7700x before, so he'll always find a way to justify why he's happy with getting less for more now.
    lol,2x nvme on 200usd/250eur board, lol

Horus-Anhur likes this.
  3. Horus-Anhur

Horus-Anhur Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RX 6800 XT
    At this point AMD has clearly stopped being budget friendly. They are copying Intel and NVidia in their pricing.
    At this point, I fear that RDNA3 will be as big of rip-off as Ada Lovelace.

cucaulay malkin likes this.
  4. anticupidon

anticupidon Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Polaris/Vega/Navi
    Until my computer explodes or whatever, I'll use it as it is. No need for something "better".
    I was forced to believe to get the latest, greatest, but there is more to that. You may think that this is the case, but depending of your computing needs...buy whatever floats your boat, or not.
    So, no upgrading for me, as I tend to play good old games and learn with second hand server grade hardware.

5. cucaulay malkin

GPU:
    AD102/Navi21
    I hope it won't, they have the chance to regain huge amounts of discrete gpu market share.
    won't do it without pricing rdna3 really well.

6. cucaulay malkin

GPU:
    AD102/Navi21
    I think those who advocate the socket longevity conveniently forget to mention that while am4 was longevity for everyone: budget,mid-range and enthusiasts, am5 is longevity for people with deep pockets only. lowest tier am5 chipset is now what am4 high end cost, crappiest ddr5 costs more than good ddr4, 6/12 starts at 350e, gotta be blind not to see where this is going. I want no part in this ever increasing prices scheme.
    If I really needed an upgrade now, I'd much rather buy am4 w. 5800x3d or z690 w. 12700 and ddr4 at prices that still at least somewhat resemble what was once reasonable for the top performing system built with quality parts.

chainy likes this.
  7. Undying

Undying Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX RX6800XT 16GB
    Ryzen 5 could go up in core count especially if intel keep increasing e-cores. AMD could very well make a 8/16 8600x with zen5. I just want my system to last as long as possible i think amd is a better if thinking forward. I also dont need more than 2xnvme as thats what i have now with x570. I play one game at the time so two pcie4 sabrent rockets 1/2tb is fine.

8. cucaulay malkin

GPU:
    AD102/Navi21
    talk to me when this happens. the belief that amd will always keep increasing the core count, where is it coming from, I hear it every time new series launches, while r7000 still has the same core count as r1000.what changed is the price went 2x up for ryzen 5 and 7.
    as for the nvme, it's irrelevant that you don't want it, what matter is that you just can't have it, unless you go with 350eur x670 boards.

Last edited: Oct 2, 2022
  9. tunejunky

tunejunky Ancient Guru

GPU:
    7900xtx/7900xt
    this is like watching folks play "tag".

YES, AM 5 is consistently more expensive at this point. a good question is "what cpu, chipset, & DDR change wasn't expensive?".
    they all were and take moment to reflect on AL boards with DDR 5 (DDR 4 compatibility IS NOT THE POINT).
    if my memory serves me well the change over to DDR 3 (on Intel as i didn't have AMD at the time) was worse, but there was a more active budget ecosystem.

AM 4 is not dead nor is it EOL.
    AMD is bringing back the G+ (plus) series APU at smaller node as a refresh and won't be releasing 7000 series APU until well after the 3D cache models (most likely fall 23)
    so now a budget APU can go head to head in gaming (with better graphics) with the i-5 13th gen

10. tunejunky

tunejunky Ancient Guru

GPU:
    7900xtx/7900xt
    MSI has been positioning itself as a premium brand so these prices are unwelcome, but not surprising as they run 20-25% higher than B550 w/ wifi.

i think we can put a pin in it once we see how Asrock, Gigabyte, & Asus price. two out of those three already have brands for premium entries (Aorus, ROG strix)
    so let's see how the vanilla shapes out.

at first i didn't understand the freak-out then the lightbulb lit and said "VAT".

11. cucaulay malkin

GPU:
    AD102/Navi21
    really ? you didn't ? cheap,entry mATX am5 boards at the price of premium x570/z690 (pcie5).
    https://pcpartpicker.com/product/JJ...x-atx-lga1700-motherboard-z690-aorus-elite-ax
    https://pcpartpicker.com/product/Yd...e-ax-atx-am4-motherboard-x570s-aorus-elite-ax

we'll see what gigabyte does (I like them most for build quality vs price), but don't expect miracles, their x670 is just as bad as msi's.
    that same pro-a series is cheaper on full atx, pci-e 5.0 z690, with 4x nvme,and by 40 dollars
    https://pcpartpicker.com/product/qnwypg/msi-pro-z690-a-atx-lga1700-motherboard-pro-z690-a

VAT on top is just insult to injury.

12. tunejunky

tunejunky Ancient Guru

GPU:
    7900xtx/7900xt
    there are no premium m-atx mobos anymore

premium is ROG/Aorus Master/ ACE

m-atx is a neglected format (i love it for the extra PCIe slots over ITX) which hasn't sold diddley compared to either ATX or ITX
    so let's keep apples to apples and oranges to oranges.

m-atx is SO neglected that the X570s Aorus is newer than the AL
    i know this because i bought the ITX (usb 3.2 front panel) when the X570S line-up came out

13. cucaulay malkin

GPU:
    AD102/Navi21
    premium means premium features, not the name. my 490 aorus elite has most of the features that master has. to me it is premium since it has a lot more than entry boards, it just doesn't have the obscene price tag that comes with fancy looks of master/rog and the ability to run 300w cpus on cinebench loop with no airflow.

14. mackintosh

mackintosh Maha Guru

GPU:
    Yes, it seems to me AMD are doing an Nvidia and positioning Zen 3 and AM4 as the budget (or slightly more affordable in Nvidia's case) offering, at least for as long as stocks last. They both are seemingly taking a bite out of Apple's playbook here. A bold strategy but considering some of the comments I've read, it will pay off for them.

tunejunky and cucaulay malkin like this.
  15. cucaulay malkin

GPU:
    AD102/Navi21
    what's puzzling is those people can see through the exact same shenanigans when it's nvidia doing it.
    old stuff will be the new budget segment it seems, get last gen's performance if you like value, new stuff will cost a new stuff premium
    at was already like that with r5000 launch tbh. many preferred to upgrade older 1st gen to 3000 series, not as fast, but definitely good enough and a lot cheaper.

tunejunky, Valken and mackintosh like this.

16. chispy

chispy Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4090
    Sad to see this price increase on every new piece of hardware , as far as i can tell those prices will continue to rise year after year. This is not good at all for gamers and i can predict a lot of PC gamers will just buy an XBOX - PS5 to game on it and forget about PC upgrading for games. I know i am one of them :/ .

I will have just one more cpu upgrade for my ASRock Z690 Aqua OC but i will keep my ddr5 / rtx 3090 /SB AE-5 sound card and NVMes , this will be my last PC made for gaming and i will run it to the ground until it does not boot anymore. A couple of years left on this rig for pc gaming , once it starts strugling with new shiny triple A games at 4k 60hz i will just go the XBOX and PS5 route for gaming. there is no way we can keep up with such huge prices increase due to the big recesion , plus my electricity just triple the price on the last 2 years , what a world we are living in :(

H83 and tunejunky like this.
  17. tunejunky

tunejunky Ancient Guru

GPU:
    7900xtx/7900xt
    at least you go 1st class...
    anyhow i feel you. w/o any snark or attitude have you looked at solar panels? you can get a rig (w/ rectifier) for the price well below the 4080 (or even less where i am).
    i went solar slooowly over 6-7 years. the prices now are the lowest ever and the best return on the investment, especially when others are in a blackout.

chispy likes this.
  18. chispy

chispy Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4090
    Yes i have consider go solar panel way bro , but it is way to expensive over here plus since i have retired from work i will be doing lots of traveling as a hobbie from now on , want to see the whole world and enjoy it while i still can :) . I will be fading from this forums slowly as i want to step and keep away from PC hardware. I have had a good run and lots of fun with it throughtout many years doing liquid nitrogen overclocking , but my time is up and i need to let go in order to pursue my new hoobie ( travel ). Thank you for the advice and good vibes bro , apreciate it a lot.

tunejunky, Maddness and H83 like this.
  19. H83

H83 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX Black 6950XT
    I have to agree with you but personally i think i`ll follow a slightly different route, i`m going to keep my desktop for certain games that i don`t like to play on consoles and don`t need powerful hardware, like Football Manager, Civilization, Path of Exile and the occasional FPSs and for everything else i will use a PS5 and maybe an Xbox.

I think hardware makers are going down a suicidal path with this kind of crazy prices but i could be wrong...

chainy, Maddness and chispy like this.
  20. chispy

chispy Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4090
    To me that is an excellent path you have choosen , sounds great to me. it is just so hard to keep up with this new crazy high prices on every piece of new hardware , just crazy , absolutely bunkers and totally un-sustainable for the casual gamer ...

mohiuddin likes this.