Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2 (2022)

Discussion in 'Games, Gaming & Game-demos' started by UnrealGaming, Jan 3, 2022.

1. ramthegamer

ramthegamer Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Zotac Trinity 3080
    How s the fps and what s ur gpu?

2. Radical_53

Radical_53 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA RTX 3080 FTW3
    3080 for me, but I have it locked at 140 and it never dips (with DLSS quality).

3. ramthegamer

ramthegamer Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Zotac Trinity 3080
    Res??

4. Radical_53

Radical_53 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA RTX 3080 FTW3
    3440x1440, 144Hz.

ramthegamer likes this.

5. ramthegamer

ramthegamer Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Zotac Trinity 3080
    That means the performance is worse than rebirth island which is about the same level as the maps on modern warfare, that s bad tbh....same kind of graphics and even worse fps.....doesn t look good at all

6. Radical_53

Radical_53 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA RTX 3080 FTW3
    I never play Warzone, but as it's always limited I can't say whether it's worse or better.

7. DirtyDee

DirtyDee Master Guru

GPU:
    MSI RTX 4090 Gaming
    Yeah, the performance is worse than MW while not looking much better aside from the water.

With DLSS set to quality there's a 30 FPS boost, but personally I prefer a higher resolution scale. 135% is what I typically use for games, MW looks nice and crisp. Doing so on this game drops the FPS to around 70-80 which isn't what I consider enjoyable.

8. Radical_53

Radical_53 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA RTX 3080 FTW3
    I don't even use DLSS for the performance, but I like the picture quality & clarity especially over the other AA modes. Upsampling sounds great but it's always been incredibly power-hungry.

9. Shataan

Shataan Maha Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte RTX 4090ti
    So far, not impressed. Have to re d/l cause of corrupted patch files. Wouldn`t let me open the game till it sees I have min driver 516.79. It said to scan and hit Repair. Then window closes so i cannot scan and hit Repair. Wow.... just..... wow. ; (

10. ramthegamer

ramthegamer Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Zotac Trinity 3080
    They are forcing everyone to have 3080 and 3090....it s a shame man real shame, forcing u to buy the most expensive card and the graphics don t justify it...real shame....

11. Shataan

Shataan Maha Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte RTX 4090ti
    Ok, finally got playing. So far in the actual playing I love the movement feel and Weap gunplay fee overall. Weap sounds lack the proper Beef though. REALLY need to fix that. i need to find a way to properly adjust my control scheme. And mp servers are not the place. Will need to wait for the Campaign for proper solo testing n tweakage. To me if feels better than MW 2019. Feels enhanced movementwise. That`s my quicky findings so far.

12. GAR0

GAR0 Guest

GPU:
    GTX 780
    This is going to sound crazy but I got a GTX 780 paired with a Ryzen 9 5900x , I got this until I'm able to get the 6900 XT & I tried opening the game, and it's requesting me to update my GPU drivers do yall know which version do I need? I got the last drivers for my 780 But there's a way to get any newer version to my GPU by modifying the files but I got no idea which driver is needed

13. Shataan

Shataan Maha Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte RTX 4090ti
    "Wouldn`t let me open the game till it sees I have min driver nVidia 516.79."

I read that the above is the minimum nVidia Driver vers. to run MW 2 2022.

14. big ROBOT bill

big ROBOT bill Ancient Guru

GPU:
    TUF 4070Ti OC
    Once I got my settings sorted and got a small scope on the M4 I really enjoyed it, gunplay felt good, movement was a bit slower than Vanguard. Getting 100fps set in game, 3440x1440 upped to 4587x1920

15. Radical_53

Radical_53 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA RTX 3080 FTW3
    True, but even these cards are about to be 2 years old now. I'm not sure where the whole PC market is heading as I thought these cards were extremely pricey at the time, while actually 2xxx and 4xxx are far more expensive in relation to their predecessors. I can't seem to justify paying 1.5k for a graphics card just to play games on. That's the price of a small motorcycle! I only justified this purchase as I got a great price for my older 1080Ti & bought the card early enough to get around the scalper times.

Even though I'm using headphones, I used the full dynamic range by setting the game to "cinema". The sounds are extremely nice and pack a punch all the time. Dolby Atmos here also, sound is really superb.

PS: There might be an issue with DLSS as the graphics were much nicer, for me, when I turned it off and used AMDs CAS to further sharpen the (natively rendered) image. Textures and details were extremely good, but the performance also really tanked compared to DLSS quality. I'd hope they'll have a better level of performance for the final game.
    With all details cranked up, explosions and flying debris really killed my performance and gave me noticable fps drops.

16. ramthegamer

ramthegamer Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Zotac Trinity 3080
    100 at that res is bad for a game that has small maps and not even warzone kind of map, u d wonder u ll be dropping into two digit territory if u go warzone BR in this game....

17. Radical_53

Radical_53 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA RTX 3080 FTW3
    Solid upsampling is pure luxury though. And we haven't had fresh drivers from Nvidia yet. I'd doubt that this is the "final" level of performance from the game. It won't be the latest build and there's something to be gained through drivers for sure.
    The more I play, the more I like it though. I still don't understand the unlock mechanism for guns, maybe it's not working as intended in the beta, but the gameplay is more than solid. This type of gameplay and quality in a WW2 shooter would've been stellar :D So much nicer than Vanguard or Cold War...

18. Shataan

Shataan Maha Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte RTX 4090ti
    "Even though I'm using headphones, I used the full dynamic range by setting the game to "cinema". The sounds are extremely nice and pack a punch all the time. Dolby Atmos here also, sound is really superb."

I`ll have to try this. I use the Hyper X Cloud Orbit S headset. And must have missed the Cinema Setting in the Sound applets area. Thx.

19. UnrealGaming

UnrealGaming Ancient Guru

GPU:
    -
    The gun progression is working, it's just weird XD.

And I agree with the gameplay comment. It's a bit slower paced. Which is exactly what I wanted. Would've been geat for Vanguard. Also not having ridiculous skins and attachments in that game would've made it way more enjoyable for me.

I'm still not really feeling any of the maps tho. They're not worst, but I'm also not really LOVING any of them.

The 2 big maps in that Invasion mode ( or whatever it's called ) were surprisingly ok. Solid for leveling up longer range weapons.

20. Radical_53

Radical_53 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA RTX 3080 FTW3
    Absolutely. Maybe they should make a spin-off with more serious, slower stuff for their older audience :D

Shataan likes this.