Will we (Radeon Users) be ready for MW 2 beta?

Discussion in 'Videocards - AMD Radeon Drivers Section' started by Eastcoasthandle, Sep 16, 2022.

1. Eastcoasthandle

Eastcoasthandle Guest

GPU:
    Nitro 5700 XT
    Activision has finally revealed MW 2 game play. They invited 200 cod creators to try the game out. It appears that those on PC were only using 3080's. Still trying to confirm if that's true or not.

[​IMG]

So, I have to wonder if RTG will have not just drivers ready but actual in game developer support so we don't get any doggy latency issues, IQ glitches, lower then expected frame rates, frame pacing issues, nor odd Ricochet triggers when using Radeon OSD?

I can only assume so as support for MW2019, Vanguard support has been pretty good so far. I only hope that continues. in mw2022.

Last edited: Sep 16, 2022
  2. MerolaC

MerolaC Ancient Guru

GPU:
    AsRock RX 6700XT
    • Recommended Graphic Drivers: NVIDIA: 516.79 or AMD: 21.9.1

Cryio and Eastcoasthandle like this.
  3. Macer

Macer Master Guru

GPU:
    GeForce RTX 4090
    I guess this 21.9.1 is wrong. Maybe 22.9.1 (not released yet).

4. MerolaC

MerolaC Ancient Guru

GPU:
    AsRock RX 6700XT
    Yeah, of course it has to be.

Plus, there is already a newer driver than 22.8.2 released.

5. Eastcoasthandle

Eastcoasthandle Guest

GPU:
    Nitro 5700 XT
    [​IMG]

Was there any machines out there that used AMD GPUs? I am sure that either existing or future drivers will be fine. But I was looking for Radeon Representation in this MW2 event.

6. Macer

Macer Master Guru

GPU:
    GeForce RTX 4090

Maybe these MW2 players prefer the live streaming quality provided by NVIDIA NVEnc, such as Geforce Experience, OBS...

7. Eastcoasthandle

Eastcoasthandle Guest

GPU:
    Nitro 5700 XT
    Those PC were provided by activision. It was a planned event they had today. About 200 players were invited in a arena type setting.

It would seem that Activision made the hardware choices.

Macer likes this.
  8. Eastcoasthandle

Eastcoasthandle Guest

GPU:
    Nitro 5700 XT
    Right now PS5 players are playing the beta. PC players will play it next week, I believe. So there isn't much time between then and now. And we've yet to get Sept Radeon Drivers yet. So it stands to reason there will be a 22.9.1 coming in the next few hours/days with MW2 support.

9. Trunks0

Trunks0 Maha Guru

GPU:
    PC RedDevil 7900XTX
    I played the open beta on the weekend. Had the 22.9.2 driver installed. So far not a fan of the game at this point, haven't tried all modes yet, but played it without issue.

10. The Creator

The Creator Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Hellhound 7900XT
    I could say the same but with the latest UWP. I had just a little problem / crash exiting the game (Steam).

11. ATOJAR

ATOJAR Member Guru

GPU:
    RX 6750 XT Red Devi
    Same, pretty sure i was on the 22.9.2 driver and the game ran flawless 1440p max setting, i really enjoyed it, the new Knock Out game mode was amazing fun.

12. MyEinsamkeit

MyEinsamkeit Master Guru

GPU:
    Radeon Pro VII 16GB
    I tried the beta using Enterprise 21.q4 older driver, ran perfectly fine, was hitting over 100 fps most of the time. The game is amazing, but not paying 70 bucks for it. Going to catch up on the old cod games until a price drop.