NVIDIA GeForce 516.94 WHQL driver download & Discussion

Discussion in 'Videocards - NVIDIA GeForce Drivers Section' started by valorex, Aug 9, 2022.

1. XantaX

XantaX Master Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4070 TI 12G
    Yes off course you have The latest DX 12 Installed, Me too, it's a dx12 web setup to repair your current DX12 if necessary ,it destroys nothing of your current DX 12 :)

2. Astyanax

Astyanax Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1080ti
    There are no D3D12 components pulled down by this what so ever

its the same set of cabinets that are in steamapps\common\Steamworks Shared\_CommonRedist\DirectX\Jun2010

The description is already quite clear.

The Microsoft DirectX® End-User Runtime installs a number of runtime libraries from the legacy DirectX SDK for some games that use D3DX9, D3DX10, D3DX11, XAudio 2.7, XInput 1.3, XACT, and/or Managed DirectX 1.1.

3. Rogerbee

Rogerbee Member Guru

GPU:
    RTX2060 6gb
    Thanks for the input gang,

I installed 512.95, installed Mapson's profile and the game didn't crash. It looks like, for me anyway, for whatever reason, the game doesn't play nice with 516.94. This makes sense to me as Nixxes couldn't have had time to test it before release. If they release another patch it's likely this will be once they have fully tested the game with that driver. Nvidia shouldn't call a driver 'game ready' if the game isn't ready for the driver!

I'm not putting 516.94 or any later driver back till I know the game won't crash if I do.

4. Rogerbee

Rogerbee Member Guru

GPU:
    RTX2060 6gb
    One other thing I've noticed, having gone back to a 512 driver, is that FB doesn't auto scroll anymore. It only did that with 516. I'm tempted not to install another new driver till they get out of the 516 branch. I guess some drivers may work better with Turing more than others. Some Ampere cards, due to when they were manufactured ie during the pandemic may have flaws. It's so hard to pinpoint when something goes wrong. Is a one driver fits all approach really a good way to do things!? Manufacturers love adding their own tweaks too, like factory OC's and their own software to tweak it with. It's a minefield!!

EDIT:

Oh, it actually does still auto scroll in FB, BUT, it's much more controllable and less erratic than it was with the 516 drivers.

5. Astyanax

Astyanax Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1080ti
    Nvidia was sent the build nixxes was readying to launch before hand.

6. Undying

Undying Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX RX6800XT 16GB
    New drivers today?

mapnam charun likes this.
  7. Astyanax

Astyanax Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1080ti
    for saints row? unlikely.

mapnam charun likes this.
  8. Undying

Undying Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX RX6800XT 16GB
    It should be its a big release.

9. Astyanax

Astyanax Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1080ti
    The Saints Row series has never been a big name, and nobody has made a compelling argument to call it AAA.

10. Rogerbee

Rogerbee Member Guru

GPU:
    RTX2060 6gb
    Oh, ok, well something went awry along the way then.

One thing people never seem to say when they have issues is who manufactured the card. They say "I've got a 3080 and this happened.." then someone else says "Well I've got a 3080 and it's fine for me!". The first guy might have a Zotac and the other an Asus. Each do different things, one might have a higher factory OC than the other. One guy might have used GPU Tweak to change something, the other might use Afterburner. There are so many different factors that could come into play.

Would be different if Nvidia made every card themselves. Yeah, there's the Founders Editions, but then things get very different beyond that. I actually want to get a 2080ti Founders Edition as my next card. I like the 2 slot design, it fits in with where I want to put things on the motherboard I want, it's powerful (maybe overly so for 1080p) and used ones are affordable. I also know where I can get one that is seemingly MIB right now. Every time I look at brand new cards, they're either out of stock or are 3 slot monsters that I can't put where I want them to go on the motherboard I want.

11. Astyanax

Astyanax Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1080ti
    if the factory overclocked card fails, but the reference one doesn't, the card is still the problem.

nvidia doesn't tune their driver differently for each different device, thats something only AMD does.

RodroG likes this.
  12. Rogerbee

Rogerbee Member Guru

GPU:
    RTX2060 6gb
    Yes, very true, but, in the case of the factory OC failing was it something one factory did? One brand can be better than another. That was what I was getting at, a certain brand could have more issues than a competitor.

13. Rogerbee

Rogerbee Member Guru

GPU:
    RTX2060 6gb
    Anyway,

I binned Spidey, I came to the realisation that I didn't actually totally want the game. I got swept along with what everyone else thought and forgot about what 'I' thought! It's fine when everyone else loves a game, but, if, deep down, you don't, you have to listen to that doubt.

I uninstalled 512.95 with DDU and, after the PC restarted, and before I could start installing 516.94 again, Windows jumped in and installed a driver!! The 516 installer then removed that one and installed and it's definitely 516.94 I'm using now. I've NEVER had that happen before and it didn't happen earlier today when I uninstalled 516.94 and installed 512.95. Weird! I'm sure I programmed Windows Update not to install drivers!

14. cricket bones

cricket bones Master Guru

GPU:
    EVGA RTX 3080 FTW
    I double check that DDU is set to stop windows driver installs every time. It sometimes resets.

Rogerbee likes this.
  15. Rogerbee

Rogerbee Member Guru

GPU:
    RTX2060 6gb
    Oh, right, thanks for the heads up, I'll check that next time.

16. BlackMoth

BlackMoth Member

GPU:
    XFX 9800 760MHZ
    videos appear green in chrome. reverting to 516.79 fixes it.

3070 ti

17. lawood

lawood Member Guru

GPU:
    RTX 3070 Ti
    I have a 3070 ti and everything is fine. I actually really like this driver.

XantaX likes this.
  18. Rogerbee

Rogerbee Member Guru

GPU:
    RTX2060 6gb
    Which videos? YouTube? That seems fine to me as does any other video.

19. tsunami231

tsunami231 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 1070Ti Black
    dont be connected to internet either when restarting windows, till after you install your drivers of choice

20. cricket bones

cricket bones Master Guru

GPU:
    EVGA RTX 3080 FTW
    Or, you know....just do what I suggested.