Google released latest mobile operating system, Android 13.

Discussion in 'Frontpage news' started by Hilbert Hagedoorn, Aug 16, 2022.

1. Hilbert Hagedoorn

Hilbert Hagedoorn Don Vito Corleone Staff Member

GPU:
    AMD | NVIDIA
  2. loracle

loracle Master Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1660 super
    planned obsolescence again, only richest can enjoy that crap, as only few high end smartphones support it, fk that bullshit

3. Hilbert Hagedoorn

Hilbert Hagedoorn Don Vito Corleone Staff Member

GPU:
    AMD | NVIDIA
    Getting a little tired of the attitude you spread on these forums lately. Infraction added to your account. Feel free to seek forums that suit you better if you disagree.

4. cucaulay malkin

cucaulay malkin Ancient Guru

GPU:
    AD102/Navi21
    xiaomi is for the richest ? you're off your rocker ?

5. loracle

loracle Master Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1660 super
    Only high end Xiaomi smartphones support it "expensive ones" are you stupid ?

6. TimmyP

TimmyP Guest

GPU:
    RTX 3070
    Thanks I didnt know my A32 was high end!

7. cucaulay malkin

cucaulay malkin Ancient Guru

GPU:
    AD102/Navi21
    no but you are
    high end xiaomi phones are 400 eur and I bet poco is getting it too so well under that price

8. cricket bones

cricket bones Master Guru

GPU:
    EVGA RTX 3080 FTW
    The only planned obsolescence here seems to be your time at this forum with that user name.

9. thesebastian

thesebastian Member Guru

GPU:
    RX 6800 Waterblock
    I miss the battery menu from Android 11 (well at least, on Pixel phones).

That being said. Android 13 feels a bit smoother (more performance polished) than Android 12.

10. moab600

moab600 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    PNY 4090 XLR8 24GB
    Google need to learn to how to release a phone without major problems, aka the Pixel 6 series.

A13 should bring nice things, i hope we won't have many issues as A12 had.

11. Ghosty

Ghosty Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 3050
    The software side of Google is in a mess right now. Lots of bugs and apps that are no longer void but become standard apps. Even the install still shows 12.

12. barrybondz

barrybondz Member

GPU:
    MSI 970 Twin Frozr
    To be fair, your post is a little misleading as I bet theres a number of phones that will not get android 13 support. As phones get older 2-3 years they wont get it. I would be amazed if a budget android phone, example: A32 by Samsung gets android 13. Hell, I will even be surprised if my Note 20 Ultra gets it as it started on 11.

loracle likes this.
  13. Ven0m

Ven0m Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 3080
    I'm not convinced to these monochrome icons. They look nice, consistent, but at the same time this reduces perception. You need to focus more, because someone cut a part of your visual communication channel.

But these are only icons. The rest of the system may be improved significantly. I wonder what will be the actual schedule for Samsung phones...
    And I hope that there will be less compatibility issues, as even now, many apps don't support Android 12 well. So far I enjoyed each Android version bump, except for app updates lagging behind. At some point I was annoyed with Samsung updates being so much later than Google, but when I got them, I filled quite a lot of error reports. Google will fight it this year, as they'll stop accepting even app updates which don't target Android 12+.

14. Exodite

Exodite Guest

GPU:
    Sapphire Vega 56
    I'd prefer they released Android 4, and especially 4.4, again instead as that was the last version I really liked. :p

15. Alessio1989

Alessio1989 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    The issue with xiaomi they like to break and remove things instead of fixing them on each android upgrade..

16. anticupidon

anticupidon Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Polaris/Vega/Navi
    Haven't they promised a Fuchsia based OS?

17. Denial

Denial Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA RTX 3080
    I can't recall them ever making a promise about fuchsia outside of it coming to Nest Gen 1 hubs. There's an interview with lockheimer where he basically says it was designed to concept out OS features and isn't directly intended to replace Android.

tunejunky likes this.
  18. circeseye

circeseye Master Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte 6800xt oc
  19. Ghosty

Ghosty Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 3050
    Almost all phones made in the last three or four years should be getting the update. Depending on the carrier of course.

20. AlmondMan

AlmondMan Maha Guru

GPU:
    7900 XT Reference
    How is an update to the OS planned obsolescence?
    If you have complaints, take it up with the manufacturer of your phone and start supporting demand that they update the firmware more than just one year.
    It's absurd that they won't update past it. I have a company paid S10, it just dropped out of full OS updates and out of monthly security updates, now only getting quarterlies for a while.
    It is sad that a 3 year old phone, that is just great for me, is losing updates now - really, Samsung, what is the reason for it? The phone runs great, battery still good. Nothing to complain about for me at all in any use case I have.
    Same with my Oneplus 6T that my GF uses now, it didn't even get Android 12. And Oneplus ****** up lots of things with their last firmware update.