AMD Software: Adrenalin Edition 22.8.1- Driver download and discussion

Discussion in 'Videocards - AMD Radeon Drivers Section' started by Blisk, Aug 12, 2022.

1. Macer

Macer Master Guru

GPU:
    GeForce RTX 4090
    Repackage Adrenalin 22.5.1 with OpenGL Beta driver based on Adrenalin 22.8.1 driver package.
    • DaVinci Resolve™ Studio may crash using AMD encoder on some AMD Graphics Products. Or VCE presets may be in missing in VEGAS Pro™ with some AMD Graphics Products.

If you have AMD VCE encoding crashing problems and need to rollback to Adrenalin 22.5.1 and need a new version of AMD VCE / AMF or OpenGL Beta driver, you can download and install it.

For details, please go to this discussion thread

Nicholas Bond likes this.
  2. Digilator

Digilator Master Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire 5700XT
    4 registry values is all it takes? Are they on reddit or where should one check?

Uninstalled. Restarted. Installed after DDU + AMD's app in Safe Mode. The usual. No AMD settings option when clicking on desktop. Amazing.

3. X7007

X7007 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ZOTAC 4090 EXT AMP
    When are they going to fix the VCE??

They added AMD Fressync Premium now properly, which is bad and good because it is supposed to be VRR when we need it.'

upload_2022-8-13_10-23-23.png

Agonist likes this.
  4. Gorez

Gorez Member

GPU:
    ГПУ 3.60HGs 8 ГБ
    I don't have this AMD Freesync Premium setup

5. Gorez

Gorez Member

GPU:
    ГПУ 3.60HGs 8 ГБ
  6. Eini

Eini Guest

GPU:
    Nvidia 9600M GT
    Does this mean to use 8-Bit or 12-Bit in the future?

Trunks0 likes this.
  7. Cryio

Cryio Master Guru

GPU:
    Nitro+ 7900 XTX
    Using the CLI installer for NimeZ has a section called "How to switch DXNAVI on/off". Selecting that opens a web page with pictures of what changes in Regedit. Very cleanly done.

8. Only took 6+ drivers for them to finally acknowledge the problem. Wonder how many more it'll take to fix it.

9. z8373767

z8373767 Master Guru

GPU:
    6900XT/8650G+7970M
    Same with AMD VCE. Im still on 22.5.1 because of that.

10. vestibule

vestibule Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Radeon RX6600XT
    I was going to give these drivers a miss. But not now. :)

11. Alessio1989

Alessio1989 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    I think that forcing the 10 bit support on the radeon settings should be for non HDR contents (eg: use it for extended colour depth software like photoshop while working with Adobe RGB or other colour space), while for HDR content you should enable it in the windows settings and let the driver do the rest (which includes handling 10 bit colour depth).

12. Scarnage86

Scarnage86 New Member

GPU:
    AMD RX 6750 XT
    ehm... what the heck is amd privacy view in screen setting? never have it before...

13. Eini

Eini Guest

GPU:
    Nvidia 9600M GT
    Which then disables 10-Bit, aka turns it down to only 8-Bit? Or is 10-Bit still maintained, just through other settings/means?

14. Alessio1989

Alessio1989 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    10 bit and HDR are just 2 different stuff.
    non HDR content are gamma corrected while HDR content should (is? not sure about all the standards) linear. So despite the colour depth setting of the SDR mode, the driver have to bypass the gamma correction and post linear images to the screen (with HDR metadata or sortof depending of the HDR "standard" used).
    When you active HDR on windows settings, you will display HDR content regardless the SDR colour space used. I bet they decided to turn HDR content off on 10 bit extended SDR to simplify code path and removing bugs. At the end if your screen is 10 bit colour depth and HDR capable, you will see 10 bit HDR content when you play it regardless the SDR mode you use while not enabling HDR content. So basically they are forcing you to set the SDR depth to before setting up HDR mode in windows (that would bypass SDR mode anyway) to cutoff potential bugs (probably triggered by content creation apps like photoshop while working on extended 10 bit sdr).

Last edited: Aug 13, 2022
  15. Eini

Eini Guest

GPU:
    Nvidia 9600M GT
    HDR content is still 8-Bit only? So it's mostly useless, because who needs overblown highlights and crushed shadows!?

If you increase the dynamic range then you ought to increase the bitrate to prevent posterization of brightness gradations. Well, I guess at *least* we get 256 brightness levels (8-Bit) for HDR now instead of even less?!

What's all the bandwidth increase for if it isn't even used properly? Questions over questions...

16. Eini

Eini Guest

GPU:
    Nvidia 9600M GT
    Thanks for the explanation. Most of it makes sense, this sentence confuses me, though. I would have expected SDR and HDR content to be detected as such and then the proper mode being used. Setting 10-Bit would then just be something to tell the driver that the screen is capable using it and that you want to make use of it (usually both in SDR and HDR modes)?!

17. Strange Times

Strange Times Master Guru

GPU:
    RX 6600 XT
    bug, probably driver: in spider man shadows randomly dissapears on 580

18. opbush

opbush Active Member

GPU:
    This driver gives me random black screens or maybe its just me, I can't tell.

19. Blisk

Blisk Member Guru

GPU:
    RX 7900XTX
    That's a bit of a hot take.

Validation takes time. Think of all of the other technology releases (RIS, SAM) that had a staggered release for older gen products.

As another user mentioned - if they didn't intend to support it, it wouldn't be possible to switch to the newer driver at all.

20. Blisk

Blisk Member Guru

GPU:
    RX 7900XTX
    This is a display dependent property, don't be fooled.

vestibule and illusiveman like this.