NVIDIA GeForce 516.94 WHQL driver download & Discussion

Discussion in 'Videocards - NVIDIA GeForce Drivers Section' started by valorex, Aug 9, 2022.

1. XantaX

XantaX Master Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4070 TI 12G
    big ROBOT bill likes this.
  2. FR4GGL3

FR4GGL3 Master Guru

GPU:
    GB 4090 Gaming OC
    Yes please, I also would like to have a voltage modifier built into the driver / NVCP. I do not undervolt because I don't want to run another program in the background. Every single program running in the background has the chance to dirty up the system which I don't like.
    I don't care for the looks of NVCP but I care for functions. And a undervolting function would be really great. It would also be great to have a function to raise the fan speed. Sometimes I want my hardware to cool down a bit faster to get ready and leave the house. So a "hurrican mode" would be a great feature, too.

3. XantaX

XantaX Master Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4070 TI 12G
    Your welcome. LOL

Those games running well with this driver ,are you overclocking or did not use DDU?
    Hdmi 2.1 and display ports working well here, try low lowering the native refresh rate...... :)
    Hope it helps..

4. Astyanax

Astyanax Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1080ti
    clock tuning will never return to the nvcp

5. MMXMMX

MMXMMX Master Guru

GPU:
    Asus Strix 4090 OC
    How and where do i put my 3090 in Balanced mode ?

6. XantaX

XantaX Master Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4070 TI 12G
    There will always bugs in every driver ,it would be easier if anyone had the same system with the same specs.

7. XantaX

XantaX Master Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4070 TI 12G
    Yes indeed ,nVidia could be sued for the damage on Gpu cards and left it for third party software...

8. FR4GGL3

FR4GGL3 Master Guru

GPU:
    GB 4090 Gaming OC
    What about LOWERING the Voltage? I never wanted to raise clockspeeds.

9. njug

njug Member

GPU:
    RTX 3070 FE
    Ah yes, reducing your power consumption, bills, expending your card's life span, reducing it's thermals and noise figures is "dumb".
    Thank you chief, on my way to SLI two 4090Tis next gen, because that wouldn't be "dumb" i imagine!

XantaX and Aldek like this.
  10. loracle

loracle Master Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1660 super
    Better, never play with voltage.

11. loracle

loracle Master Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1660 super
    Better, never play with voltage.

12. Sh1nTa0h

Sh1nTa0h Active Member

GPU:
    Tuf 3080
    My Gpu was about 75°C with default voltage. With undervoltage its now max 65°C when temperature outside is 35-40°C.
    Didn't notice any difference in performance, heat and consumption(electric cost!) are "under control".
    Wise gamer plays with voltage.
    Winter is coming fooks!

Last edited: Aug 11, 2022
  13. SyntaX

SyntaX Master Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4080
    For Undervolting you dont need to run something in the background. I use Afterburner thas loads OC/UV Profile after Windows Startup and closes after 15 seconds automatically.

Undying and BoomSlang001 like this.
  14. tunejunky

tunejunky Ancient Guru

GPU:
    7900xtx/7900xt
    i'm slightly put-out that the update was on the same day as the Win 11 cumulative patches and updates.

i'm very suspicious about the HD Audio driver and the Win 11 drivers having a pissing contest as this
    took me across complete audio cut out (requiring restart of PC) several times over several restarts.

i'm only slightly put-out because i'm a specialized sample.
    using both a 10Gb/s hub and a DAC plugged into that on two different systems i often run into difficulties w/ mobile vs. desktop mobo and cpu quirks.

being a guru you know i worked out the effect if not the cause, simply 'cuz at the micro level of coding i'm useless. but i've worked around so much that i'm just p/o'd at the waste of time and productivity.
    this is not nearly as bad as losing three months of mobile DAW usage that Nvidia inflicted on me last Xmas,
    but it shouldn't be forgotten how much heat that caused Nvidia (not just me dept...every user of DACs and most surround receivers).

but i honestly can't remember the last time both Win & Nvidia released updates/patches on the same day.
    on the Windows side i had to make sure TB & USB 3.2 hubs were recognized and the correct drivers used and to make sure the DAC drivers weren't an issue.

i could've done enough work to pay for a few games...

Last edited: Aug 11, 2022
  15. XantaX

XantaX Master Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4070 TI 12G
    Hmm that's not the first time new nVidia drivers and Windows 11 patches/updates come out the same day, if i remember well ... Windows 11 is running better and better after win 11 patches/updates and nVidia driver updates and getting more stable for gaming.

tunejunky likes this.

16. TheDeeGee

TheDeeGee Ancient Guru

GPU:
    NVIDIA RTX 4070 Ti
    He's probably on a laptop.

17. Andrea_23

Andrea_23 Member

GPU:
    5870@950|1250|1.2v

https://us.download.nvidia.com/Windows/516.94/516.94-win11-win10-release-notes.pdf

Page 12,
    it is stated that the bug is fixed...
    I myself am skeptical, but until the problem recurs (and since I installed the new drivers I have not had any dropouts) I remain hopeful.

18. kman

kman Master Guru

GPU:
    3080 tuf OC edition
    Seems microsoft decided to push driver 512.15 on everyone.
    Any Ampere users think this driver is good?I was on 472.12 but looking for another good driver.

19. EdKiefer

EdKiefer Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ASUS TUF 3060ti
    Seems good to me with 3060ti but I don't have a lot of games I run.

20. Astyanax

Astyanax Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1080ti
    your GPU operates on a VID negotiated at the card startup, the quality of your chip determines what is picked from that vid. You are never stable operating beneath vid.