ASUS ROG Swift PG32UQR" 32-inch 4K gaming LCD - 144Hz / 1ms

Discussion in 'Frontpage news' started by Hilbert Hagedoorn, Aug 10, 2022.

1. Hilbert Hagedoorn

Hilbert Hagedoorn Don Vito Corleone Staff Member

GPU:
    AMD | NVIDIA
    AuerX likes this.
  2. vestibule

vestibule Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Radeon RX6600XT
    HDR is one of the main features I look for in a monitor. The problem is most of it is not very good. This one looks OK, but need to see wording like: Full array or a high zone count in the spec sheet.
    Just wish it was all a bit more clear cut.
    Just saying.

Typhon Six Six Six likes this.
  3. Dragam1337

Dragam1337 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4090 Gaming OC
    hdr600... dont count on it.

Hdr is the LAST thing i look for in a monitor, so this one may be of interest.

4. Typhon Six Six Six

Typhon Six Six Six Member Guru

GPU:
    XFX 7900XTX
    I myself have never owned an HDR monitor. I had a Dell Ultrasharp 27" in 2011. That was amazing for games cause the color was awesome. I was not into much FPS at the time so 60hz was great. Dell sent me a replacement monitor in 2013 because mine was having dead pixels and was getting worse. In 2015 I got a 4k ultrasharp but tried a friends 144hz LCD and got a BenQ 24" 144hz, It was amazing even though the color was way off LOL!! I really want the Neo G8 it has HDR2000 but its $1300. I might get it because that damn thing is bright, and I like bright. Only thing I keep hearing HDR is bad for Windows I want to ask is it really that bad? I just want to use for games and movies.

5. Denial

Denial Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA RTX 3080
    There was a lot of weird issues with early gen HDR monitors and Windows 10 but most of it has been resolved in my experience. I have a Dell AW3423 and use HDR in Windows 11 with a secondary non-HDR monitor and have no issues on the desktop or anywhere really.

Typhon Six Six Six and maikai like this.
  6. vestibule

vestibule Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Radeon RX6600XT
    Windows has a HDR feature that you can enable. I keep away from it. But to anyone who wants to try this suck and see feature, then have a go.
    BTW if you get any weird stuff go on, Then don't forget you enabled windows HDR. :)

Typhon Six Six Six likes this.
  7. Denial

Denial Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA RTX 3080
    Works flawlessly for me honestly and the auto-hdr feature is excellent.

vestibule likes this.
  8. Darksword

Darksword Active Member

GPU:
    MSI Gaming 980 Ti
    Does this support FALD? How many local dimming zones?

9. Typhon Six Six Six

Typhon Six Six Six Member Guru

GPU:
    XFX 7900XTX
    Thanks for that info. Just going to buy the Neo and if I don't like it, I'll send it back lol thanks Amazon.

10. vestibule

vestibule Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Radeon RX6600XT
    So. The weird HDR problem when windows is set to HDR is that the screen goes wacko pink.

Just imagine putting a new or 2nd hand GFX card in and you are met by a wacko pink screen. You would be thinking straight the way that the GFX card was a Duff.

So, The only time I have seen the pink screen was on UBISOFT games..

But I found a remedy that resolved the wacko pink screen.

Simply change the resolution of the game down. This should make the wacko pink screen go away and then simply reset the game res to monitor default and then it should be OK.

So on your windows 10 with HDR enabled using a HDR monitor: If you see the wacko pink screen first make sure the monitor is set to full Auto and if that does not work then try adjusting the screen res up and down.

Last edited: Aug 13, 2022

11. Michael Lang

Michael Lang Active Member

GPU:
    Suprim Liquid x4090
    I second that. I run a Neo G9 and HDR and auto HDR in windows really makes games look better that dont support HDR.