552.22 - Clean Version

Discussion in 'Videocards - NVIDIA GeForce Drivers Section' started by Eviltoaster, Jul 20, 2020.

1. azimxv

azimxv New Member

GPU:
    1650S
  2. Eviltoaster

Eviltoaster Member Guru

GPU:
    Asus TUF 4070 OC
    Added Hotfix v516.79

3. JioFunny

JioFunny Guest

GPU:
    MSI rtx 3080
    Hello, I am sure these questions have been answered before in the history of this huge post, so please forgive me in advance for asking again.

Do these clean drivers have something one cannot do through nvslimmer?

If not, why keep posting new clean drivers here if everyone can easily (I guess.. never done it) do the same thing through Nvslimmer? Or even manually after watching a guide?

A response would be greatly appreciated

4. Blackfyre

Blackfyre Maha Guru

GPU:
    RTX 3090
    It's for people who do not want to use nvslimmer or download the full-size driver first and then slim it.

If you're happy using nvslimmer, continue doing that, as it's the same from my understand. Nothing here that's "extra".

JioFunny likes this.

5. pimp_gimp

pimp_gimp Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 2080 Super SLI
    Huh, he just might be busy and hasn't had time to clean them. You do know there are links at the top of this forum to tools you can use to clean the drivers yourself if it is that urgent.

6. pimp_gimp

pimp_gimp Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 2080 Super SLI
    He last logged in Sunday. Drivers were posted yesterday. Hold your horses or use the tools to clean them yourself. Why so pushy for taking up someone else's time to do something you can yourself?

To do it yourself, check this out.

https://forums.guru3d.com/threads/nvslimmer-nvidia-driver-slimming-utility.423072/

Eviltoaster and blitz72 like this.
  7. What makes that different than NVCleanstall? Why does this thread have separate RTX and GTX drivers? That's 3 different options for slimming a driver seemingly with differences.

Are there good notes anywhere for manually doing this nowadays? I remember a while back manually removing folders and having to keep an Optimus folder around for a laptop I was on, but I'm not sure if there's any up-to-date references.

8. zoli456

zoli456 Guest

GPU:
    Amd RX 470
  9. Scoty

Scoty Active Member

GPU:
    ASUS TUF RTX 4070 T
    Whene i use NVSlimmer, what must select for RTX?

scaramonga likes this.

10. scaramonga

scaramonga Master Guru

GPU:
    RTX 3090 W/C
    I'm wondering that also?

11. Blackfyre

Blackfyre Maha Guru

GPU:
    RTX 3090
    How about you don't call people that provide a free service out of their time to mod stuff for the community "lazy" because they were a day too late for your highness.

If I was OP, I wouldn't post it for another week.

Take your toxic comments to reddit or elsewhere. They're not welcome here.

12. Eviltoaster

Eviltoaster Member Guru

GPU:
    Asus TUF 4070 OC
    Updated to v516.94

fr33k, kaibosh, Blackfyre and 7 others like this.
  13. pimp_gimp

pimp_gimp Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 2080 Super SLI
    What makes it different? Not really anything other than it's developed by a member here and not over at TechPowerUp. I just linked that one because it is here. RTX cleaning has separate features not available to GTX.

14. scaramonga

scaramonga Master Guru

GPU:
    RTX 3090 W/C
    I'll ask again.

What are the RTX features of driver package?

...and RTX/Non-RTX contains 'nodejs'?, hardly clean? :)
    Installs fine without this BTW ;)

PPC is USB-C driver, but I can't, for the life of me, figure out what the RTX features in package are?

All a 'big secret' lmao :D

Last edited: Aug 12, 2022
    Deleted member 282649 likes this.

15. This is a guess, but perhaps only some RTX cards have the USB-C port, and no GeForce ones have it? It's possible the driver does something else regardless if you use the C port on the GPU or not; maybe controlling power delivery between the GPU and C port and suspending the C port if it isn't used.

The nodejs folder has references to NGX which is apparently what the AI part of RTX is. It's possible DLSS and RT won't work without this, or perhaps it won't be accelerated on the expected path (Tensor cores?)

https://developer.nvidia.com/rtx

https://docs.nvidia.com/rtx/ngx/pdf/Programming-Guide.pdf (NGX Features section)

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 12, 2022
    scaramonga likes this.
  16. scaramonga

scaramonga Master Guru

GPU:
    RTX 3090 W/C
    Well thank you very much my friend, I was wary, and strongly suspected, that the 'nodejs' is exactly what the RTX needs, driver wise :) I think you are very much correct on that buddy :) Thank you for the links also.

17. Cave Waverider

Cave Waverider Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ASUS RTX 4090 TUF
    AFAIR, the nodejs folder contains RTX-specific features related to NGX. While the drivers will install without it, features will be missing. If you don't want to use these features (or if your card doesn't support it anyway because it's a GTX card), you can remove it (or install the GTX version of the Clean drivers which don't include it), otherwise it's wise to keep it.

Last edited: Aug 12, 2022
  18. Samus01

Samus01 Member

GPU:
    MSI GTX 1080TI
    i havent been around for a long time, so the latest clean versions are DCH only (?), 472.12 was the last non DCH nvidia driver, is that correct? So DCH nvidia drivers are the way to go nowadays if we want the nvidia driver to be uptodate? thx

19. scaramonga

scaramonga Master Guru

GPU:
    RTX 3090 W/C
    Unfortunately, yes.

Samus01 likes this.