Capcom wants PC as it's main gaming platform

Discussion in 'Games, Gaming & Game-demos' started by Horus-Anhur, Oct 1, 2021.

1. Horus-Anhur

Horus-Anhur Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RX 6800 XT
    I have an X360 controller, but it's a bit old. It has fallen a few times and has a couple of cracks.
    The Dual Shock 4 I had was meant to replace it. But the X360 controller is recognized on all my games instantly. The DS4 required a bit more tinkering, so I went back to the X360.
    I might just buy a Series X controller. They seem pretty good.

cucaulay malkin likes this.
  2. cucaulay malkin

cucaulay malkin Ancient Guru

GPU:
    AD102/Navi21
    they are

Horus-Anhur likes this.
  3. TheDigitalJedi

TheDigitalJedi Ancient Guru

GPU:
    2X ASUS TUF 4090 OC
    Due to being a fighting game player Capcom has always been one of my favorite gaming companies. Street Fighter V on PC looks amazing with ingame graphics on max, NCP settings maxed out and in 4K. SFV is old but it is still one of my favorite fighters.

I can remember when Japanese gaming companies ruled the industry. The 80's and 90's were dominated by Japan. Nintendo, Sega, Sony, Namco, Capcom, SNK, Konomi, Tecmo were giving us tons of entertainment in the Arcades. When it comes to Arcade gaming, Sega and Capcom have a special place in my heart.

Definitely looking forward to Street Fighter 6 on PC. I would definitely like to see Capcom vs. SNK 3 on PC and console with crossplay. I would flip!

DocStr4ngelove likes this.
  4. DocStr4ngelove

DocStr4ngelove Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI 3080TI Ventus3X
    \w/- :D -\w/

TheDigitalJedi likes this.

5. Zenoth

Zenoth Maha Guru

GPU:
    MSI RTX 3080 12GB
    Wake me up when Nintendo is the one saying this.

(Not saying I'm not happy Capcom wants the PC platform to work for them, and us; but their PC ports have already been good enough for quite some time anyway)

6. Horus-Anhur

Horus-Anhur Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RX 6800 XT
    Hell will freeze before Nintendo allows it's games to be put on other platforms.
    They even go after emulators with extreme prejudice.

7. tsunami231

tsunami231 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 1070Ti Black
    https://zelda.fandom.com/wiki/Zelda:_The_Wand_of_Gamelon

hell already did just wont happen again :rolleyes:

As for capcom they have not made game since DMC ~ 3 I liked. The only IP capcom has that is still near and dear to my heart is Breath of Fire, and that is mostly cause they have not made new BoF to screw it up yet, that made it to states anyway. and i would not want them too, I rather NIS make new BoF and even that would make me worry.

Use to like Street Fighter but what they turned SF into is crying same look like they thought microtransation type system and look which instantly made me delete the game.

8. TheDigitalJedi

GPU:
    2X ASUS TUF 4090 OC
    AWESOME!!!! :D:D:D:D:D:D

9. TheDigitalJedi

GPU:
    2X ASUS TUF 4090 OC
    I hear ya about SFV and the microtransactions. That is indeed a bit unethical especially when they released an incomplete game. SFV is $29.99 now with 40 characters and 40+ stages. For fighting game enthusiast it is definitely a good buy now. I truly hope they don't commit to the same practice with SF6. The FGC gave them a ton of backlash for Street Fighter x Tekken and Street Fighter 5 in regards to content charges. Historically Capcom has always re-released several versions of the same Street Fighter but at least they were complete games. They need to get it right the first time.

In my opinion Capcom should make a complete fighter, all modes, cinematics and endings with 30 characters at the very least. Any properly affordable DLC after that I wouldn't mind paying for as long as it is worth it. Extra characters and stages. Not colors and costumes!

10. CPC_RedDawn

CPC_RedDawn Ancient Guru

GPU:
    PNY RTX4090
    I have both of the SN30+ Pro controllers.

They recently released the Pro 2 controller. It has a switch on the back to change between d-input, x-input, switch, and ds4. So you can easily switch the controller to work with switch, ps4, and new and old pc games. its comfortable, lightweight, and it has gyro as well and work excellent with the switch and for emulation via cemu, and the battery lasts at least twice as long as my Xbox Series X controller.

I've actually had more issues with my series X controller than any other controller. Its bluetooth is completely screwed on PC and some games buttons are mapped completely wrong. DMC5 was one of them where jump would be up on the analogue stick, and attack would be start! It was terrible. It may be fixed now but luckily I had an old Xbox wireless controller dongle and connecting to that solves the issues but it means you need to spend more money.

Horus-Anhur likes this.

11. WhiteLightning

WhiteLightning Don Illuminati Staff Member

GPU:
    Inno3d RTX4070
    Capcom games have been rock solid for years, their Streetfighter benchmarks always give an S when it comes to performance when its released LOL

But this year Resident Evil Village had Denuvo DRM which slowed down the game, and had huge drops in part of the games. After a lot of media attention and complaining by the users, they finally released a patch that reduced this behaviour.
    not really sure if this is the game's doing, or Denuvo. (maybe their statement is damage control ?)

Aren't capcom games released on pc and consoles at the same time ? Do people expect better looking games with better performance ? Is PC really the best selling platform for capcom games ?
    Why would people who buy the console version of a game, suddenly buy the PC version instead, or is it more like , more PC gamers will buy their games ?

These are questions I ask. maybe someone could elaborate please ?

12. tsunami231

tsunami231 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 1070Ti Black
    The moment I saw Capcom charged for character skins and just palette change and the prices they were as ask at that i lost all interest in SF atlest SF IV was void of that crap. the problem people are stupid enough to buy in to behavior so they do it. these days it about microtransations how can they can do that then it about game and if it actual finished or even free of major bugs or issues. most game are just rushed out the door incomplete and bugg as hell. and seeing amount money dumped in game development these days you would think they make sure ready and void of major issues, CD projekt learn that the hard way

it way i almost never bu game when the come i wait for about year after when on sale or actual had the bugg and issue ironed out. and if the game base around microtranastions system even if can be done entirely with in game currency that dont require me to spend more money after buying the game, i just avoid it like the plague

13. Serotonin

Serotonin Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus RTX 4080 16GB
    Sounds great. But as someone who has been a PC gamer for 2 decades, I'll believe it when I see it. I've seen and read a lot of promises, hype and assurances that fell through time and time again when it comes to this segment in the market.

14. TheDigitalJedi

GPU:
    2X ASUS TUF 4090 OC
    I truly feel we will see this come into fruition. The Steam customer base is HUGE. There is an enormous amount of PC players that do not own or play games on consoles. There is a large population of gamers that will buy a title on console and then purchase it for PC due to better graphics, gameplay and framerate.

Capcom and other companies are realizing the potential. Game companies are reviewing their current success of PC software sales and ready to capitalize on a piece of that financial pie.

15. Horus-Anhur

Horus-Anhur Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RX 6800 XT
    Some people were doubtful, but here are the results.

PC made up 50% of Capcom's Q1 game sales, or about 5.8 million

16. Truder

Truder Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RX 6700XT Nitro+
    I just wish Capcom would improve the quality of their PC game launches. Heavy use of DRM is infuriating (Denuvo - remember the stuttering and poor performance DRM gave RE:Village?) and some games have been terrible ports. Monster Hunter World was dreadful to play at launch with no customisable options and generally poor performance.

17. WhiteLightning

WhiteLightning Don Illuminati Staff Member

GPU:
    Inno3d RTX4070
    This is very true, the last couple of games really deserved better on PC. Not really sure if having the PC as main platform will improve this tbh. they talk about sales, not about quality.

18. TheDigitalJedi

GPU:
    2X ASUS TUF 4090 OC
    STILL AWESOME!!!!!!:D:D:D:D:D:D

Attached Files: