NVIDIA RTX 4070 Ti could have the performance of an RTX 3090 Ti

Discussion in 'Frontpage news' started by Hilbert Hagedoorn, Aug 3, 2022.

1. TheDeeGee

TheDeeGee Ancient Guru

GPU:
    NVIDIA RTX 4070 Ti
    Sounds like a RTX 4060 is all you need for 1440p60 then.

cucaulay malkin likes this.
  2. PPC

PPC Master Guru

GPU:
    It over for now.*

DannyD likes this.
  3. Solfaur

Solfaur Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GB 3080Ti Gaming OC
    My biggest issue is that I'm limited by my ambient temps. So even if I'd ignore the power bill, the ever increasing wattage will mean even more heat and I'm melting as is...

KissSh0t, Fediuld and cucaulay malkin like this.
  4. schmidtbag

schmidtbag Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asrock 7700XT
    Depending on your loop, there might not be much room for improvement. It seems like nowadays, it doesn't take much to heat soak even the largest radiators. Not all cases have room for multiple radiators, and even then, you need to make sure they're getting enough airflow. You could crank up the fan speed but at that point you might as well just use a HSF. No matter what you do, that heat has to go somewhere, and that means you better be prepared because unless it's winter or you're a European with a 12K BTU window unit, you don't have a way to get rid of that heat in the room.

Typhon Six Six Six likes this.

5. Rx4speed

Rx4speed Member Guru

GPU:
    R9 295x2
    This has to be complete BS. I'm 54 and I've seen SO many releases and normally, the new 70 is about the same as the previous 80ti. You know, the 2070S was about the same as a 1080ti? And so on down the line. And wasn't the 3070 about the same perf (depending on game because of VRAM differences) as a 2080ti. AND, usually, that new series 70 will match the older gen 80ti perf at LESS POWER.
    So now you want me to believe the the new 4070ti will be TWICE AS FAST as a 3090ti? And a TDP higher or the same. NO.

6. Airbud

Airbud Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX RX 5600XT
    My little GTX 1060 can play Crysis @1080p = 200fps...:D

imagine if you could make that^ claim 15 years ago!...:p

Passus, vestibule and Krizby like this.
  7. beedoo

beedoo Member Guru

GPU:
    6900XT Liquid Devil
    That's why I've just ordered 12KW solar battery system. I'll make my own electricity and they can stick their expensive power up their...

Fediuld, Airbud, Undying and 3 others like this.
  8. geogan

geogan Maha Guru

GPU:
    4080 Gaming OC
    I know all about that in last few weeks every time the outside air temperature increases a few degrees - I work from home in small office room, and once outside air gets warm, the room is almost unbearable. I have large EK Elite 360 rad with six fans and then the RTX3070 generating tons of heat blowing out top of case.

I was thinking about drilling a vent through the external brick wall and piping some ducting directly from top of rad out to the wall vent, so the hot air would not be re-circulating around the room heating it up. Would have to 3D print some sort of a shroud too from ducting over top of case.

Even looked up how to drill wall vents (not easy with over one foot solid concrete walls unfortunately).

I then noticed LTT also did a recent video about the same thing (great minds eh)

tunejunky likes this.
  9. tunejunky

tunejunky Ancient Guru

GPU:
    7900xtx/7900xt

if i was you and wanted next gen gaming perf. i'd go for the mobile variants.

it is absolutely true one doesn't need a flamethrower to game on a PC.
    the next gen mobile will out perform the previous gen desktop (one model higher) at a maximum of 180 watts.

i'm a power hungry (and eating) type, but i have solar power
    and guess what guys, for less than the cost of an rtx3080 you can too (including inverter).
    i have a rooftop installation, but you can buy a panel and inverter kit on Amazon under $800 US.
    batteries and a rectifier cost more but all together theres's a lower cost than a rtx 3080ti.

i care about power consumption, but i don't worry about my own.

10. JamesSneed

JamesSneed Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1070
    For me it's the room temp. I live in a hot area and I will need to a room AC unit on top of the hoses HVAC. I have pushed that kind of watts with SLI many years ago and I would sweat my balls off.

11. vestibule

vestibule Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Radeon RX6600XT
    It does make you wonder where the likes of benchmark suit, 3D mark are going to with there next instalment.
    A lot of peeps like me are more than happy with 1080p, 60fps and a drop down from ultra.
    @my settings who's gonna need 100 tera flops. :p

Airbud likes this.
  12. Singleton99

Singleton99 Maha Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte 3080 12gb
    Well, ive only just been able to buy a 3080 12gb at a decent price in the UK two days ago, so for me i will be a gen behind from now on unless pricing in the future becomes more reasonable.

However my old 1080ti did me really well and is the longest ive gone without upgrading,maybe theres a lesson to be learned....

Last edited: Aug 3, 2022
    Maddness, Airbud and vestibule like this.
  13. Interesting. So the next generation 400W card matches performance of last generation 400W card. Where is the progress?

Fediuld, PPC, Silva and 5 others like this.
  14. vf

vf Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ATi Radeon™
    Out of curiosity... What's in your loop and current temperatures?

Well MoRa's are starting to become popular amongst custom watercoolers. Over and above the radiators in their cases. Usually it's an extra pump they need for that.

15. tsunami231

tsunami231 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 1070Ti Black
    if 4070ti is price of 1070ti was 450$ i might bite, but not at that wattage that more then double the wattage of my 1070ti, and that already dumps enough heat into my room gpu companies are going the wrong fracking way to increase performance.

progress in there price tag and there greed, there no progress in gpu tech imo cause wattage is what really going up last few years to increase perf.

Legacy-ZA likes this.

16. DannyD

DannyD Ancient Guru

GPU:
    evga 2060
    R&D at least.:)

17. Passus

Passus Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI 4070 Gaming X
    Erm fake news channels? well you really cant miss BBC, CNN, FOX or any newscorp affiliated media

Fediuld likes this.
  18. rl66

rl66 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire RX 6700 XT
    If your house energy cost around triple than last year (near 4000 Euro by year now), and what you earn stayed the same, you might change your mind, as him or i...

Keitosha, Airbud, Silva and 2 others like this.
  19. vf

vf Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ATi Radeon™
    ...and is likely to rise again in the New Year. It's going up on October the 1st.

20. tsunami231

tsunami231 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 1070Ti Black
    This only applies to those that actual pay electric bill, see how much that increase is do to cost eletricity and how gpu manufactors just want increase wattage for performance, people with money dont care or people that have others pay there bills for them, again probably dont care. cause they dont see correlation. and like been said cost of electrity only gona get higher among other things,

Gpu manufactor are going in wrong directions for improvements throwing more and more wattage at it to increase power at somepoint is gona back fire on them when people cant afford that cards inital price or cost to run them, then again gpu manufactures will just increase the cost actual card to fix that issue.

I already lost lot intrest in current gpu cause how much wattage they where using and now that pretty doubled. the extra heat generated alone is enough make me think do i really want gpu pulling that much wattage. never mind the bonus to electrically bill