AMD Software: Adrenalin Edition 22.7.1- Driver download and discussion

Discussion in 'Videocards - AMD Radeon Drivers Section' started by justdoge, Jul 26, 2022.

1. AlleyViper

AlleyViper Master Guru

GPU:
    Strix 2070S|6700XT
    This is also starting to deserve its own meme, even if it only appeared recently on the issues list, it goes way back. Polaris related, as my rx480 becomes stuck on max 3d gpu clock when exiting Doom Eternal (vulkan), with gpu utilization reading as 100% on monitoring utils (not on task manager). Same as described in this thread, restarting AMDRSServ.exe will restore normal behavior. It's noticeable when preventing the card to work fanless under very light loads.

On the good side, these drivers finally solved an issue I was having since 22.3.1 + freesync that could cause desktop sutter/lag after playing/seeking videos on mpc-be/hc (some users report it after exiting games), so as vsync failing in non-exclusive fullscreen.

Last edited: Aug 3, 2022
  2. illusiveman

illusiveman Master Guru

GPU:
    XFX 6700XT Ultra
    I tried with all FSR modes from Ultra quality to ultra performance and couldn't reproduce it.
    Must be GPU specific or some specific bug in the windows version of the driver in case you're using W11...because I'm still on W10.

3. CPC_RedDawn

CPC_RedDawn Ancient Guru

GPU:
    PNY RTX4090
    I am on latest Windows 10 21H2 19044.1865 nothing modified.

More than likely GPU specific, the only other thing I can think is a monitor issue? May move my PC downstairs and test it on my LG TV.

4. illusiveman

illusiveman Master Guru

GPU:
    XFX 6700XT Ultra
    Yeah...probably GPU. I have a Acer xv272u...standard 1440p 144Hz monitor with freesync. Nothing special.

5. akanerin7

akanerin7 Active Member

GPU:
    RX 7900 XTX Nitro
    The new OpenGL are FULLY NATIVE, it doesn't use anything related to their DirectX Driver anymore unlike their early implementation in UWP Dev Channel.. just in case anyone saying its a wrapper this time

HD64G likes this.
  6. The Creator

The Creator Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Hellhound 7900XT
    And what is the version when this happened (wrapper -> native)? I use the latest UWP (newer than 22.7.1) which uses the same OpenGL 22.07 beta as 22.7.1 does. So which old OpenGL version is a wrapper - 22.06 beta or 22.05 beta?

akanerin7 likes this.
  7. Blisk

Blisk Member Guru

GPU:
    RX 7900XTX
    ???

It wasn't a wrapper in the UWP either.

akanerin7 likes this.
  8. akanerin7

akanerin7 Active Member

GPU:
    RX 7900 XTX Nitro
    22.05/22.06 beta.. it loaded the d3d vendor driver as well related stuff, for what purpose? idk.. since it generate shader cache for it.. the new one on 22.07 beta doesnt seems to require it or generate any kinda dx cache.

it also work fine even if i try to hook it the same way as prev one which btw will crash it.

Edit: i've also noticed that the newer OpenGL fullscreen seems to be Exclusive, some stuff that i ran on borderless fullscreen just run as exclusive fullscreen
    (not really that important but its interesting, at least it didn't crash anymore due switching between app)

9. Lbuipo

Lbuipo Master Guru

GPU:
    XFX merc319 7800xt
    What is the main issue, if there is a warpper inside AMD drivers?!
    I dont care less, if my games run smother!
    But, there is no wrapper!
    giphy(2).gif

HD64G and Cryio like this.
  10. AsiJu

AsiJu Ancient Guru

GPU:
    KFA2 4070Ti EXG.v2
    We already went through this in this thread, let's not go there again.

MyEinsamkeit and akanerin7 like this.

11. akanerin7

akanerin7 Active Member

GPU:
    RX 7900 XTX Nitro
    my bad, moving on.. the driver seems pretty great.. at least on my experience

HD64G and AsiJu like this.
  12. =GGC=Phantomblu

=GGC=Phantomblu Member Guru

GPU:
    Radeon RX 6900XT
    For you, maybe you've never read it
    https://devblogs.microsoft.com/directx/updates-in-graphics-and-gaming/

https://devblogs.microsoft.com/directx/demystifying-full-screen-optimizations/

akanerin7 likes this.
  13. Guns1

Guns1 New Member

GPU:
    rx 470 4Gb
    I cannot launch FINAL FANTASY VIII REMASTERED (OpenGL) after installing 22.7.1 driver.
    The game crashes on launch with the error: 3303725833: 2123 failed to load shaders, reverting to fixed function.

14. akanerin7

akanerin7 Active Member

GPU:
    RX 7900 XTX Nitro
  15. Macer

Macer Master Guru

GPU:
    GeForce RTX 4090
    me too...
    OpenGL 22.07 Beta does not work with Play FINAL FANTASY VIII REMASTERED...
    [​IMG]

16. Chastity

Chastity Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Nitro 5700XT/6800M
    Had a weird issue on my system after updating to KB5015885. System would start up, play my daily D2R session, and is fine. Start the game up a second time, and it would crash out, usually at a character load and is initializing, tho it could happen during gameplay. Also, sometimes tabs in my browsers (FFox and Edge) would just crap out and need to be refreshed.

After some investigating logs, redoing my GPU drivers, chipsets, and other digging, I discovered my system was running two instances of explorer.exe, with one in "lolwtf" limbo. So I killed both processes, and then restarted explorer.exe, and ever since system has been solid again, even after reboots. I have not been able to recreate since, which I was able to do before.

So SOMETHING got fubar, but it seems it has corrected itself after some nudging. Lesson lo learn: don't jump to assuming it's a GPU driver issue.

17. Macer

Macer Master Guru

GPU:
    GeForce RTX 4090
    OBS released 28.0 Beta 1 today. Supports AMD AMF H.264/AVC B-Frame encoding.

awesome
    [​IMG]

But B-frames are enable, results in regular encoder overloads with stuttery, inconsistent playback.

I'm not sure why.

HD64G likes this.
  18. justdoge

justdoge Member Guru

GPU:
    MSI RX580 Gaming X
    use StreamFX plugin for mainline obs, it has everything

19. incneet

incneet Member

GPU:
    RX 5600XT
    you guys have in some parts of the video, slowdowns using amd relive to record?

20. illusiveman

illusiveman Master Guru

GPU:
    XFX 6700XT Ultra
    It seems that they removed at least one extension from OGL driver. I found this on Reddit:

Hello,

I am a member of the [RPCS3] development team, an open-source PS3 emulator that uses the open standards OpenGL and Vulkan as render APIs.

We are seeing great performance improvements with the latest AMD OpenGL driver on Windows. However, we've also noticed that the extension GL_NV_depth_buffer_float that was previously implemented in the driver, isn't present anymore.

The formal [GL_ARB_depth_buffer_float](https://registry.khronos.org/OpenGL/extensions/ARB/ARB_depth_buffer_float.txt) is more limited than [GL_NV_depth_buffer_float](https://registry.khronos.org/OpenGL/extensions/NV/NV_depth_buffer_float.txt) (see point 6 in Issues) because it does not allow writing values smaller or bigger than [0,1], which is something we absolutely need to do on our OpenGL render.

The PS3 has a float depth z buffer (which is also supported by PC hardware) and PS3 games are actually making use of this extended range to do things like reverse Z. This cannot be emulated with simple normalisation without a lot of unsolvable issues.

Could someone from the OpenGL team please check this? /u/AMD_Vik

Link to reddit thread https://redd.it/wfs193

Exostenza, HD64G, Blisk and 1 other person like this.