RUMOR: GeForce RTX 4090 66% quicker than RTX 3090 Ti and 82% faster than RTX 3090.

Discussion in 'Frontpage news' started by Hilbert Hagedoorn, Jul 19, 2022.

1. PrMinisterGR

PrMinisterGR Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Inno3D RTX 3090
    I liked a lot what Doom did. The reflections at least were immediately noticeable, and the performance stayed really high. I think that the best looking RT game is either Metro Exodus, Control (in some areas), and by far I would say Cyberpunk in the Psycho setting. Some of its vistas look almost "real".

I don't think I'll bother touching my system at all. It can survive this console generation very easily. The only meaningful upgrades will most likely be the Nvidia 5000 series / RDNA 4.0, and from the CPU side whatever Intel gets out when Zen 5 hits, and Zen 5 itself. (Even Mike Clark is waiting for that one :p )

2. Agonist

Agonist Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX 7900xtx Black
    Too be honest, getting my 6800xt for $700 felt like a steal with the performance jump over my 5700xt.

I felt so bad for people who had to buy half the card of the 6800xt or RTX 3080 for the price of a 6800xt over this mining BS.

Undying and Maddness like this.
  3. jaggerwild

jaggerwild Master Guru

GPU:
    EVGA RTX 2070 SUP
    I read some where that the 1080's had RTX that was turned on after Time(correct me if I'm wrong) with a drivers update....

4. pegasus1

pegasus1 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    TUF 4090
    Hence my point on buying a new 3080/Ti now if you can get a good price isnt a crazy idea.
    I always think back to the 'advice' i received on here not to buy a 1080Ti on release day for £699 as its would drop in price a week later, oh no it didnt, it went up in price by a fair margin.
    4070 release date - Unknown
    4070 Release price - Unknown
    4070 - Release availability - Unknow

5. nizzen

nizzen Ancient Guru

GPU:
    3x3090/3060ti/2080t
    1080ti was a epic buy if you bought it day 1. Even 2080ti was a epic buy day 1.
    Tnx to miners I sold 2x 2080ti 2 years later for the same new price LOL.

3090 was a pretty good buy too, when I bought it day one. Price went way higher later.

Always buy top dog GPU day 1. Can't go wrong :)

Krizby likes this.
  6. pegasus1

pegasus1 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    TUF 4090
    For NV at least and maybe AMD as well, we have no idea when day 1 will be.
    And this will be a launch like no other as the market environment is under all kinds of omni-directional pressure.

7. Horus-Anhur

Horus-Anhur Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RX 6800 XT
    I can understand the need to delay the launch of these cards, to sell inventory of RTX 3000. Stores and AIBs are probably pressuring nvidia for that.
    But on the other hand, nvidia's stock is 50% down. So a delay like this would make shareholders unhappy. RTX 3000 cards won't sell as well as RTX 4000 in this holiday season.

8. pegasus1

pegasus1 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    TUF 4090
    And this is something that many PC enthusiasts fail to grasp when commenting.
    NV (like all publicly traded company's) need to keep its shareholders happy and that doesn't happen when confidence is down.

9. Nopa

Nopa Member Guru

GPU:
    RTX 3090 & RX 580
    With NV started opening things more, maybe there could be a change in the future. Open-sourced NV Linux driver months ago was a good start that caught people off guard.

10. fantaskarsef

fantaskarsef Ancient Guru

GPU:
    4090@H2O
    Ah that's what it's about, thanks for clarifying. Well, I doubt that's what will happen, but I could be wrong. I think they have to meet a business plan, which they can't without new releases and old cards still at MSRP or above. Not enough buying incentive to keep up the numbers, not even close with the die off in mining lately.

TheDigitalJedi and pegasus1 like this.

11. Astyanax

Astyanax Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1080ti
    DXR fallback

requires application support.
    doesn't support 1.1

PrMinisterGR likes this.
  12. PrMinisterGR

PrMinisterGR Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Inno3D RTX 3090
    This was done to help developers, and it was a bit of a flex towards AMD also.

13. pegasus1

pegasus1 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    TUF 4090
    'Had' to buy? they didn't 'have' to buy anything, its not food, water or essential clothing, PC hardware if its purely for entertainment is not a life essential.
    Life is tough when you dont know where your next meal is coming from, not when you have to pay over the odds for a PC graphics card.

Embra, Picolete and mackintosh like this.
  14. Agonist

Agonist Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX 7900xtx Black

Spare me Karen. I know exactly what this is like. Ive come from being on the streets to what I have now. Only a fool gets a gpu over life sustaining needs.
    So stow your SJW non sense.

My point stands still. If you can not phatham the context of my statement, that is a you issue and can just move on.

These people may have been doing well in their survival aspect of life. No struggles but cant afford to drop $1000 on a gpu.

So paying a high end price of a gpu for a midrange product is still a complete tragedy.
    Especially if someone is just trying to game and doesn't wanna play on a boring console.

15. pegasus1

pegasus1 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    TUF 4090
    Im pretty sure the term 'Karen' is a US thing, but nice peacocking either way.

16. TheDeeGee

TheDeeGee Ancient Guru

GPU:
    NVIDIA RTX 4070 Ti
  17. pegasus1

pegasus1 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    TUF 4090
    I hope AMD can get stuff out in the first half of September, i have a friend coming out from the UK at the end of Sept so il hopefully be able to order a new MOBO/RAM/CPU for them to bring out, genuinely excited about hardware for the first time in a long time.

Maddness likes this.