AMD Prepares Noise Reduction Software to Compete with RTX Voice

Discussion in 'Frontpage news' started by Hilbert Hagedoorn, Jul 22, 2022.

1. Hilbert Hagedoorn

Hilbert Hagedoorn Don Vito Corleone Staff Member

GPU:
    AMD | NVIDIA
  2. Martin2603PL

Martin2603PL Master Guru

GPU:
    RTX 2080 Ti
    Ugh... those 360p images rescaled to higher res look terrible.
    Idk why AMD is doing this, RTX Voice is gone and forgotten, because Nvidia dropped this out and this thing never worked fine and also there is free alternative that works better on every hardware.
    AMD should stop mimic Nvidia and stop doing "apps" like this, and focus on other things.

3. Corsair iCUE has just recently been updated to support RTX Voice, so it's not quite gone and forgotten yet.

Picolete likes this.
  4. Nopa

Nopa Member Guru

GPU:
    RTX 3090 & RX 580
    AMD should add more Graphic Enchancement toggle options to Adrenaline and provide the alternative to NVIDIA GeForce Experience's Freestyle Filter too.
    Compare to what NV provides, they really need more driver features.

5. Kaarme

Kaarme Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Nvidia 4070 FE
    I spent 20 minutes going through the AMD driver setting trying to disable as many features as I could. If I'm finally blessed with an opportunity to get a modern graphics card when the next gen appears, I can only assume I will need to disable even more, whether it's Nvidia or AMD, since new cards have more features. The only feature I could possibly need is to be able to limit the fps in poorly coded games that would otherwise run at hundreds of fps and make the graphics card scream like a quadcopter. My sunday gamer's experience is clearly different, haha.

GSDragoon and Picolete like this.
  6. Hmm

PrMinisterGR likes this.
  7. Rich_Guy

Rich_Guy Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI 2070S X-Trio
    Remember that audio thing they did before, did that demo of cows mooing, and the only game it was used in was that Thief. :D

8. fantaskarsef

fantaskarsef Ancient Guru

GPU:
    4090@H2O
    I guess I'm not the target group of this (who is?), but I believe, not know, that AMD should not spend mney or engineering hours on this. Unless it's a project with some university and they essentially get it for free or something.
    But it's NOT a selling feature I jest, so why spend development time / money on it?

schmidtbag likes this.
  9. Kaarme

Kaarme Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Nvidia 4070 FE
    Even if nobody was using it, AMD still needs to be able to say it's not lacking any distinct features Nvidia offers.

10. Horus-Anhur

Horus-Anhur Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RX 6800 XT
    Like @Kaarme said, this is AMD trying to reach feature parity with nvidia.
    Even if it's not a major feature, it's always a check mark to put on the PR material.

Nopa, PrMinisterGR, sierra and 2 others like this.

11. schmidtbag

schmidtbag Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asrock 7700XT
    Switch to Linux; many games run faster, the drivers are just a few hundred MB installed and only come with what's needed to run the APIs ;). No extraneous nonsense.

EDIT:
    Oh yeah and the drivers are more stable too.

Last edited: Jul 22, 2022
    Nopa, HandR and Deleted member 282649 like this.
  12. fantaskarsef

fantaskarsef Ancient Guru

GPU:
    4090@H2O
    Well don't get me wrong guys, I know it's up to that, but what I tried to imply is: Do they really need to go that way, achieve feature parity with features hardly anybody uses? (Even more so as it is already shown that RTX voice doesn't even require an RTX card / hardware...)
    Maybe they could have aimed at something more useful, or used the resources to improve on more widely used / anticipated features, that's what I was trying to imply.

schmidtbag likes this.
  13. Picolete

Picolete Master Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire Pulse 6800
    Just like Sony before the Ps5 launch, they made presentations about the audio technology and advances they made; now no one mentions it

14. They shouldn't, but I would hope AMD has some numbers that show that this is something worthwhile to pursue.

I couldn't care less about this feature, I'm not buying a GPU based on this feature, and have never used RTX voice even with my 3060. If AMD wants to work on something, how about they fix their busted and lacking encoding capabilities? There's a lot of room for improvement there, and I guarantee the encoder is used a lot more than this feature will ever be.

The only thing that would make this feature halfway interesting is if they make it available to generally every program, the OS, and OBS, along with extending it to Linux. I need OBS for a camera plugin and don't use ReLive.

15. TimmyP

TimmyP Guest

GPU:
    RTX 3070
    They should come up with a DLDSR competitor. Oh wait, its fundamentally impossible rn.

16. Stormyandcold

Stormyandcold Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX3080ti Founders
    Feature parity = better mindshare. Nvidia forced their hand, AMD must respond.

I'd bet that at some point Nvidia will combine Ray Tracing and audio for hardware accelerated RT and RT audio. Give it an abbreviation like RTXA and the next-gen is born...

17. Mineria

Mineria Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus RTX 3080 Ti
    RTX Voice adds some annoyance, instead of just focusing on the voice part itself they added other features into the package, hence why some prefer to use Discords own noise suppression methods, they work so no point in installing additional software.
    I agree, AMD should focus on RT, graphic performance/features and price instead, that is what most buyers will look out for, exception are loyalists of either brand.

Can't see a lot of value in an audio combo like that when using a modern PC monitor via DP and internal/external audio cards connected to propper speakers/headphones instead of plugging the PC via HDMI into a TV.

Last edited: Jul 23, 2022
  18. sykozis

sykozis Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus RX6700XT
    AMD doesn't need to reach feature parity with NVidia. They just need to focus on releasing stable drivers with features and functions that people actually care about and actively use.

Maddness likes this.
  19. Stormyandcold

Stormyandcold Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX3080ti Founders
    You forget how many AMD gamers were literally crying for a DLSS-like feature. Interestingly that included console gamers.

Deleted member 293429 likes this.
  20. sykozis

sykozis Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus RX6700XT
    Ummmmm......did you actually read what I posted?