NVIDIA GeForce Hotfix Driver Version 516.79

Discussion in 'Videocards - NVIDIA GeForce Drivers Section' started by valorex, Jul 15, 2022.

1. JaylumX

JaylumX Master Guru

GPU:
    MSI 3080 TI 12G
    Atmos activation is constant.

2. flow

flow Maha Guru

GPU:
    Asus TUF RTX3080 oc
    I'm still on 512.59. They seem the fastest for my setup, in benches aswell in games. Later ones are slightly slower for me, as someone else mentioned also.
    Windows 10 latest version btw. Could be entirely different on windows 11.

bOse likes this.
  3. tensai28

tensai28 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    rtx 4080 super
    Tried downloading it again. Followed the exact same steps that I usually do. Disconnected from the internet, backed up profiles, uninstalled everything nvidia related, did a clean sweep with ddu in safe mode and installed the drivers. This time it works completely fine. The only thing I did differently was that I got the drivers from the official nvida site. Not sure what happened with the drivers on this site. Either they got corrupted when I downloaded them or they had some issue.

4. Astyanax

Astyanax Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1080ti
    the drivers uploaded to the guru3d server would not unpack at all if there was any corruption.

5. -Tj-

-Tj- Ancient Guru

GPU:
    3080TI iChill Black
    Im still ok with these in Destiny2, played some other games and nothing to report yet.

6. Undying

Undying Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX RX6800XT 16GB
    If this is the case these are must install for every rtx user.

7. aufkrawall2

aufkrawall2 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    7800 XT Hellhound
    No performance difference in Doom Eternal with DLSS. In Fortnite and Shadow Warrior 3, it was already >= 45% more performance with DLSS Quality with previous drivers, so I guess this improvement is only for some cases where performance scaling was clearly broken.

8. Straykatt

Straykatt Guest

GPU:
    3090 FE
    I have 5.1.2 on denon avr with hdmi from 3090 to LG CX and eARC to avr. I went into the Dolby app and couldn’t find any download or update to install. I did see a option in home theater section for upscale. Now games that don’t support Atmos natively receive Dolby surround instead of multi channel in. Does your soundbar indicated atmos when Dolby surround is used or only when atmos is played?

PrMinisterGR and dr_rus like this.
  9. LocoDiceGR

LocoDiceGR Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte 3060 Ti
    Surprised that we didnt have a driver for Stray :D

Heard it has stutter problems cause of UE4

10. xV_Slayer

xV_Slayer Member Guru

GPU:
    RTX 3090 FE
    Nothing can be done to fix this with drivers. It happens to a whole bunch of UE4 games, so this is nothing new. The engine blows.

LocoDiceGR likes this.

11. Memorian

Memorian Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4090
    Unreal Engine is crap. Many devs switch to UE5 and that's not good at all for PC gamers. CDPR - UE5, Tomb Raider - UE5..If they don't find a way to pre-compile the damn shaders before play, we are f*cked.

12. dr_rus

dr_rus Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4090
    UE5 is fine. They just need to do something with this specific issue for developers who don't have the resources to handle the process which is needed now. I'm sure they'll solve it eventually.

13. xV_Slayer

xV_Slayer Member Guru

GPU:
    RTX 3090 FE
    How come this still happens with the first UE5 game released which is Fortnite? Epic makes this game which is the owner of UE. The game still has stutter in areas until you have been there a few times and the shaders are done compiling while you play. If the owner of the damn engine can't get it right what makes you think developers using the engine can?

~AngusHades~ and SerjRozov like this.
  14. Memorian

Memorian Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4090
    We don't know if UE5 is fine. I'll wait for UE5 games and we'll see. The first UE5 benchmark have stutters, just saying..

Cave Waverider likes this.
  15. Termınator T-800

Termınator T-800 Member

GPU:
    RTX 3080 TI 12 GB
    Stray works fine. No stutter issues written in eary reviews. Some reviews have been very misleading lately. The best is your own experience.

Archvile82, Undying and Witcher29 like this.

16. dr_rus

dr_rus Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4090
    It's fine as an engine. The issue of shader compilation there is the same as in UE4 right now though. But I'm sure that it will be fixed eventually.

17. JaylumX

JaylumX Master Guru

GPU:
    MSI 3080 TI 12G
    When I select 7.1 channels in Windows sound settings, my soundbar's LED is yellow and when I use MPCBE to play UHD blurays (or any player that supports bitstream), the LED then witches to green only when it receives an Atmos or DTS:X audio track (remains yellow with bog standard DTS or DD(+) even on bitstream).

When I use the Dolby Atmos for Home Theatre spatial audio app, the green is constantly on irrespective of the audio signal unless I play bog standard DTS or DD(+) audio in my media player then it switches to yellow. If I want all my audio to be converted to Atmos I will deselect bitstream in my media player so that bog standard DTS and DD(+) will be decoded to PCM before being converted to Atmos.

18. BuildeR2

BuildeR2 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ASUS 4090 TUF OG OC
    Hmmm, so after clean installing these I ran through my benchmark pass that I've used since Outriders launched and actually saw a 6%-10% regression in performance with DLSS enabled at any of the 3 levels. Could very well just be that they messed stuff up in the game with the recent expansion, but I'll actually play the game tomorrow and see how that performs with these drivers and DLSS.

19. PrMinisterGR

PrMinisterGR Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Inno3D RTX 3090
    So my sound bar unfortunately did not indicate formats unless they're Atmos or DTS:X, but I get the Atmos message like you, only when real Atmos content is played. I was wondering what's the exact Dolby Surround format that's being sent by Windows.

20. hoffer

hoffer Active Member

GPU:
    hd4600
    hi guys! has this driver better perfomance than pretty good 511.79 or 525.14 and 516.31 quadro as well? or it is stuttering trash?