RUMOR: GeForce RTX 4090 66% quicker than RTX 3090 Ti and 82% faster than RTX 3090.

Discussion in 'Frontpage news' started by Hilbert Hagedoorn, Jul 19, 2022.

1. Hilbert Hagedoorn

Hilbert Hagedoorn Don Vito Corleone Staff Member

GPU:
    AMD | NVIDIA
    chispy likes this.
  2. TheDigitalJedi

TheDigitalJedi Ancient Guru

GPU:
    2X ASUS TUF 4090 OC
    It may be leaks. It may be rumors. It sure as heck sounds GOOD!!!!

tunejunky likes this.
  3. fantaskarsef

fantaskarsef Ancient Guru

GPU:
    4090@H2O
    Maybe, with 82% gains, and "only" 30-40% more TDP than a 3090's ball park, this isn't that bad taking in the numbers, purely from a generation jump point.

4. TheDigitalJedi

GPU:
    2X ASUS TUF 4090 OC
    19,000 points with Time Spy Extreme?

Lol! Wow! If this is true that's pretty friggin cool! I just cracked 19,000 points in Time Spy. (Non Extreme) Lol!

5. TheDigitalJedi

GPU:
    2X ASUS TUF 4090 OC
    I agree. I know these are just rumors but if this is true, that's a pretty cool leap in performance. The guesstimations that are going through my brain right now are some pretty nice framerate lifts with titles I play in 4k. :)

tunejunky likes this.
  6. Undying

Undying Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX RX6800XT 16GB
    I sense 3090ti msrp incoming.

PrMinisterGR and tunejunky like this.
  7. TheDigitalJedi

GPU:
    2X ASUS TUF 4090 OC
    They're down 500-600 bucks already. (Here in the States) I feel for my Guru brothers worldwide.

Still waiting to see what AMD offers. I truly hope this isn't a false rumor. If it's not, I will have the 4090. It will be a nice step up!

tunejunky likes this.
  8. Kaarme

Kaarme Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Nvidia 4070 FE
    As much as have been said of the raising power consumption of the next gen, maybe the efficiency gains still mean the lower models I'm interested in will actually have a tolerable level of max power draw. Unless the chips have been designed so that they require too high clocks to reach the expected performance, kind of like Intel competed against AMD. That would mean you'd need to buy a 4070 and underclock it to get a "4060 Ti" with reasonable power consumption.

schmidtbag and vestibule like this.
  9. Undying

Undying Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX RX6800XT 16GB
    They are down but for a limited time so it will go back up. 4090 will probably take its place at 2000$+.

10. Dragam1337

Dragam1337 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4090 Gaming OC
    Yeah, in denmark the price of everything except for the 3090 ti strix LC is massively down... from 20k dkk to 13k dkk... which is actually what i paid for my 3090 strix at launch 2 years ago :D

And i agree, massive step up... like we wouldn't have to choose between raytracing and fps in cyberpunk ;)

11. Dragam1337

Dragam1337 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4090 Gaming OC
    They will be down till stock is run out - nvidia needs to clear the stock for 4000 series.

12. FIL903

FIL903 Guest

GPU:
    3080ti
    So what we are saying is the new GPUs will now make PC's graphical power 1000000x more powerful than the current next gen consoles, but games will stay the same quality as they are created to run on next gen consoles, and any games in the next 4-5 years wont really require above 3060ti anyway unless going to be running in 16k o_O

TheDigitalJedi likes this.
  13. Undying

Undying Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX RX6800XT 16GB
    Apparently stock is huge as no one is buying them. No wonder 4090 will be only 40 series card released this year.

14. TheDigitalJedi

GPU:
    2X ASUS TUF 4090 OC
    I truly thought about that. If the market stays flooded that will continue to help stifle prices. Some of my friends and colleagues are exploring upgrades but at a very moderate price. When the 4000 series drops, they're going to be hard to purchase.

The mid to high end 3000 and 6000 series cards are still phenomenal performers. Some have stated they don't care about the latest or greatest top of the line cards. They just want to see a decent bump to enjoy they're games better. I told this particular bunch to grab an Nvidia or AMD card now while prices are down. Even with next gen around the corner, they're not caring about that. Some of them have 960M laptops and desktops with 1050-1060 cards in them. Going from that to a 3060 - 6700 or higher GPU would be a huge leap for them.

Then there are those of us that are more hardcore. The 4000 or 7000 series is our next step. Especially if these rumors are true.

tunejunky likes this.
  15. icedman

icedman Maha Guru

GPU:
    MSI MECH RX 6750XT
    Still waiting for something 500-600$cad that offers a reasonable jump in performance getting 6650xt or 3060 just feels wrong when I got my 1080 for 550$cad

16. TheDigitalJedi

GPU:
    2X ASUS TUF 4090 OC
    I'm looking forward to that level of gaming. For sure! No compromises. For now anyways. :D

Dragam1337 and tunejunky like this.
  17. Current gen consoles can't even meet their prelaunch claims of native 4K 60FPS. That's not even mentioning ray tracing either. This current gen of consoles are going to age worse than last gen.

FIL903 likes this.
  18. vestibule

vestibule Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Radeon RX6600XT
    The power consumption thing is also getting me down.
    Like, I feel we need to lobby NVidia to keep energy consumption 200watts or less.
    Save the planet and all that.
    But then that doesn't help or change anything..
    So all in all a pointless post from me.
    :)

Embra, tunejunky, Silva and 2 others like this.
  19. TheDigitalJedi

GPU:
    2X ASUS TUF 4090 OC
    Lol! Cool post. This is almost a tongue/mind twister with some truth. :D One thing we can always count on is that somewhere out there, a developer is sitting on an engine that will have awesome visuals but make the most powerful of PC's crawl. 4k gaming is becoming more popular also. If we couple that with more advanced game engines, the next gen PC's are better equipped to handle the load. We still have to see how a fully developed Unreal Engine 5 game is going to run with fast paced action and crazy special effects. UE5 is probably a puppy compared to what some game engine developers are hiding for now

For those of us that remember, Far Cry and Crysis kicked our butts until we upgraded our hardware. A fully maxed out Cyberpunk and Icarus is tough on top of the line machines right now due to Ray Tracing. Ray Tracing is indeed that deal when implemented properly.

Airbud, tunejunky and FIL903 like this.
  20. TheDigitalJedi

GPU:
    2X ASUS TUF 4090 OC
    You're still a super cool friendly Guru Vestibule. Good to see ya. :)

Airbud, tunejunky and vestibule like this.