525.14 Windows Insider drivers

Discussion in 'Videocards - NVIDIA GeForce Drivers Section' started by fards, Jun 10, 2022.

1. Whackbag

Whackbag Member

GPU:
    RTX2080 TURBO OC/8G
    Yeah i went back to the quadro driver awhile ago...seems rock solid for my needs.

2. kloklo50

kloklo50 Active Member

GPU:
    Gtx 1660
    Best drivers threw the card temperature 15 degrees‼️
    My system
    Windows 11 22H2 WDDM 3.1

3. Sajittarius

Sajittarius Master Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte RTX 4090
    temperature went up 15 degrees? or down 15 degrees? (sorry, "threw" probably does not mean same in english)

4. kloklo50

kloklo50 Active Member

GPU:
    Gtx 1660
    Best drivers dawn the card temperature 15 degrees‼️ 50°c max 68°c
    My system
    Windows 11 22H2 WDDM 3.1

Last edited: Jun 30, 2022

5. Source_NL

Source_NL Member

GPU:
    AMD 7900XTX
    Played CP77 with it on a 3080FE and runs great/looks good.

6. Volteron

Volteron Master Guru

GPU:
    2080ti sli
    Keep getting driver installation failed, anyone else getting this?

7. Astyanax

Astyanax Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1080ti
    sli not supported for some reason.

8. wtfisgoingon

wtfisgoingon Member

GPU:
    RTX 3080
    What changes did you make to GameUserSettings.ini & Engine.ini?
    Using G-Sync/Freesync?
    What refresh rate are you using?
    Are you using a framerate limiter (If so which one) or allowing the games 120FPS hardcap to do it?

9. PurSpyk!!

PurSpyk!! Master Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4090
    These installed on my SLi system with no issues.

10. kloklo50

kloklo50 Active Member

GPU:
    Gtx 1660
    it only works on windows 11 Windows 11 22H2 WDDM 3.1 and above

11. Astyanax

Astyanax Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1080ti
    it works on 10.

12. kloklo50

kloklo50 Active Member

GPU:
    Gtx 1660
    I don't know for sure

13. KripTed

KripTed Guest

GPU:
    RTX 3080
    I changed that games ini settings to allow 120 fps. Since it runs at 120 fps on the console. It's originally capped to 60.
    I have Freesync/G-Sync disabled. Doesn't matter if it's enabled or disabled.
    I've tried running at 120Hz and 144Hz. Nothing makes a difference.
    I'm not using a framerate limiter like one from Afterburner. I use the game's unlimited and vsync on. I even tried vsync off and capped the frames to my monitor's refresh rate. I also tried a frame limiter from Afterburner, still the same issue.

Those massive frametime spikes I showed in the previous photo is strictly tailored to that game. So that leaves me to believe it's that game only.

However, tiny 1ms micro stutters or 1ms screen stutters are present in every game no matter what setting I use or disable. No matter what services I disable, no matter what driver, no matter what BIOS setting that I've tried.

It's either these 11/12th gen CPU's are trash, Windows 11 is bad, the drivers are trash or the 30 series in general is just a bad product.

Countless of users on the NVIDIA forum have been complaining of FPS drops, stutters and poor performance. I personally don't think this is a hardware issue.

But either way for such high priced products, I expect more in terms of performance. I expect games to run flawlessly with no stuttering.

As technology advances it's suppose to get better, not worse. Lol.

Last edited: Jul 9, 2022
  14. wtfisgoingon

wtfisgoingon Member

GPU:
    RTX 3080
    Dead By Daylight is the single fussiest game I've ever seen when it comes to settings and to make things worse it also has the overall worst online advice I've ever seen for any game. It's actually incredible, if you search for something as simple as how to disable V-Sync 99% of the suggestions are mindlessly stupid such as "setting read-only" on ini files like WTF halfway through 2022 and that myth shows up? So lol.

So the things you've changed very much matter, for just 1 example:

To remove original 62FPS cap (62 btw not 60) you must disable smoothframes, which is what creates the cap in the first place. If you simply change frameratelimit from 0 to any other number you'll get horrific framepacing no matter what you do after that even moreso if you leave smoothframes enabled and/or try to use G-Sync with those settings.

G-Sync will fix things IF it is used correctly which is about as annoyingly difficult as possible thanks to the boneheads @ nvidia making things confusing and needlessly complicated for no apparent reason mixed with the child-like fussiness of DBD makes for a huge pain in the ass.

Making things work correctly is possible, I was able to get perfect framerates & times on an actual legit potato last year and on all of the other systems I have at home with 2070s and a 3080 but I don't have 11/12th gen CPU so you may very well be correct about that! :)

I've uploaded a few videos over the last year or so. The potato one I managed to lose the 1st part which showed some gameplay, the 2nd one I made which I'll link to was because I was greeted with posts claiming the system couldn't possibly be as potato as I claimed so it was more about trying to show the stats in as many ways as possible. There are other videos after that showing gameplay differences between playing with all default settings (game & windows) versus correct settings and so on. If you skim through the list of videos you might find some interesting. Starting late tomorrow night I'll be home all week so I'll be around a lot more if you want to send me a message I'd be interested in seeing if we can get DBD working properly on your system, so far I've only run into 2 people that I couldn't help and they were both using a TV as a monitor so I suspect that had a hand in making things worse for them.

15. KripTed

KripTed Guest

GPU:
    RTX 3080
    Yeah, all I did was change the frameratelimit to 120 and those horrible frame time spikes happened. Never tried it with the original default cap though. Also the Series X is running it at 120 and there's no skips, stutters or any screen stutter. It's pretty bad when a less superior product is running games better than one that's roughly 3k.

Like I said, those horrible frame time spikes are only happening in that game. But I'm still getting these weird 1 millisecond or 1 second screen tearing skips or stutters. It's so annoying and it's fast but my eyes notice it. It happens sometimes when moving the screen and or when entering a new area. I'm not sure what is causing this but certain drivers do seem to make it worse than others. I've posted countless of times on Microsoft Community, Feedback Hub, NVIDIA and even on some of the game's forums. This has been going on since February. I mean I'm getting high frames but these weird frame time spikes are ridiculous. You'll see it in the graph as a tiny little bump and man, I can really see this at 120 or 144Hz. I've tried so many suggestions and changed everything but my monitor, which I've been contemplating, just to see.

I love DBD but with those frame time spikes, I can't enjoy it at all. I'll try changing the smooth frames and frame rate limit and see if there's a difference, thanks for the suggestion. However I still think these companies need to do a better job at producing higher quality products. Games should run smooth on all platforms. I understand there's a lot of factors that come into play, such as the game developers, OS developers and driver developers, but man. I feel like this apparent "next gen" is a rip off. If the next generation of gaming is high frame time spikes and stutters, then count me out cause I don't want it.

Last edited: Jul 10, 2022

16. Scoty

Scoty Active Member

GPU:
    ASUS TUF RTX 4070 T
    Marvel's Guardians of the Galaxy crashes with this Driver on latest Windows 11 22H2 Insider.

17. WhiteLightning

WhiteLightning Don Illuminati Staff Member

GPU:
    Inno3d RTX4070
    Everything worked fine, until i installed Adobe Photoshop and got this message

Untitled.jpg

18. Astyanax

Astyanax Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1080ti
    mentioned here

19. fards

fards Active Member

GPU:
    3080Ti Black
    if you run a driver update check in device manager (windows update) these get overridden with 516.59, which I presume means WU is working on Date ordering.

20. kloklo50

kloklo50 Active Member

GPU:
    Gtx 1660
    this is only for widows 11 insider beta update it doesn't work on windows 10 what windows do you have?