MSI AB / RTSS development news thread

Discussion in 'MSI AfterBurner Application Development Forum' started by Unwinder, Feb 20, 2017.

1. Unwinder

Unwinder Ancient Guru Staff Member

Sorry, but I asked multiple times to avoid using this thread for general troubleshooting / application configuration questions.

2. aufkrawall2

aufkrawall2 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    7800 XT Hellhound
    I asked people in the Dying Light 2 thread, but unfortunately nobody replied. I also searched this forum section without results. So asking here again: Could somebody check if RTSS overlay works in Dying Light 2 with D3D12 Ultimate? Would feel bad if Unwinder bought the game and issue turns out not to be related to RTSS.:oops:
    It used to work with older patch versions of the game. It doesn't work for me with the current patch version 1.4 and RTSS 7.3.4 beta 3. Increasing injection level or setting stealth/custom D3D support to on for the .exe don't help.

3. Unwinder

No worries, anyway I’m unable to buy any games for compatibility testing due to sanctions.

4. CRTFTW

CRTFTW Active Member

GPU:
    radeon 380x X2
    My bad I'll delete to keep things clean

5. bobnewels

bobnewels Maha Guru

GPU:
    amd
    Played two weeks ago and still worked then.Uninstalled the game got boring AF.
    dy.jpg

6. Unwinder

Try to create profile template for DyingLightGame_x64_rwdi.exe.cfg containing the following:

Code:
    [Hooking]
    EOSOVHWorkaround = 0

aufkrawall2 likes this.
  7. aufkrawall2

aufkrawall2 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    7800 XT Hellhound
    Thanks, it works! :)

Unwinder likes this.
  8. lowenz

lowenz Master Guru

GPU:
    ASUS GeForce 3060
    Last edited: Jul 5, 2022
  9. Unwinder

Bad luck for you. D3D8 is far far in the past, I won’t be investing time in it.

10. Astyanax

Astyanax Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1080ti
    make a profile containing

[Hooking]
    HookDirect3D8ReleaseVT = 1

Many D3D8 and older D3D9 applications require this and HookDirect3D9ReleaseVT

11. lowenz

lowenz Master Guru

GPU:
    ASUS GeForce 3060
    Thanks, it works :)

Maybe it's wise to add a profile editor (for advanced profile tweaking) in RTSS interface?

12. Astyanax

Astyanax Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1080ti
    it likely affects such few games its pointless effort to add to the window

13. aufkrawall2

aufkrawall2 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    7800 XT Hellhound
    RTSS compatibility with DXVK greatly improved with some previous versions, but I've found one more issue case: Far Cry 3 (D3D11, 32 bit) crashes after start with DXVK (dxgi.dll and d3d11.dll) and RTSS inject. It works with subsequent RTSS inject (i.e. set injection level to none before start, start the game and let it load, then set injection level to low and restart RTSS). Ubisoft Connect overlay is disabled, injection delay doesn't seem to have any effect in this case (as the tooltip hint indicates).

14. Andy_K

Andy_K Master Guru

GPU:
    RTX 3060
    did you try to set an injection delay?

15. aufkrawall2

aufkrawall2 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    7800 XT Hellhound
    Like I said, yes. ;)

16. SpajdrEX

SpajdrEX Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Gainward RTX 4070
    I don't see the option to view a GPU Voltage anymore on Navi 21 card via MSI AB, is this something for AMD to fix? (HWINFO64 still show it)

17. aufkrawall2

aufkrawall2 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    7800 XT Hellhound
    If I recall correctly, it was once missing for me too with the RX 6800 (despite "unlock voltage monitoring" ticked) and I could bring it back by toggling settings or so. But I think I didn't know what exactly it was.

18. Unwinder

Cannot confirm that, still see it on 6800XT / 22.5.1 / Win10 test rig. Anyway, option it should be there as long as AMD ADL enumerates such sensor.

SpajdrEX likes this.
  19. Unwinder

Can confirm it but cannot promise to look into it, sorry. I have pretty bad impressions from "supporting" DXVK in the past versions, all special support for it was actually a collection of workarounds added special to handle pretty weird things this wrapper is doing at game startup (Vulkan device destruction/creation spam). For FC3 case, my RTSS log shows about 50 attempts to create/destroy different Vulkan devices by DXVK on both 3070 and Intel iGPU. No surprizes it breaks with overlay.

aufkrawall2 likes this.
  20. aufkrawall2

aufkrawall2 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    7800 XT Hellhound
    Small convenience feature request: Would it be possible for RTSS to mimic Afterburner's 3D rendering API display with RTSS' own statistics? As you can't combine RTSS' own frame time graph with Afterburner's fps counter without RTSS graph vanishing. I know <APP> can be added via RTSS Overlay Editor, but then it seems I'd also have to re-add RTSS frame time graph again, as it disappears otherwise. If RTSS' own statistics included <APP> by default instead, it seems this would be more convenient (unless I'm missing something else).