Sony Gaming Gear Brand INZONE with Upgraded Gaming Monitors and Headsets

Discussion in 'Frontpage news' started by Hilbert Hagedoorn, Jun 29, 2022.

1. Hilbert Hagedoorn

Hilbert Hagedoorn Don Vito Corleone Staff Member

GPU:
    AMD | NVIDIA
  2. TalentX

TalentX Master Guru

GPU:
    Inno3D RTX4090 AIO
    No 1440p@144Hz Version? And no black coloured version?
    What a waste.

3. tunejunky

tunejunky Ancient Guru

GPU:
    7900xtx/7900xt
    i was expecting Sony to go this route last year.
    this is one of the issues with "mature" corporations, it takes a committee and several years to figure out the obvious and now less complacent companies have gotten a leg up as Sony is going with cheaper old tech.
    don't expect the prices to be anything special or reasonable as they're just cashing in on brand identification for those Playstation dollars.
    what i wanted to see from Sony was 34" FALD panels in 2k & 4k. Sony CAN make those cost effective but i doubt if they will.

in the meantime the best money spent on a Sony would be either the X85K series (native 120Hz) around $650 for the 48" or the better solution the X90K FALD series @ $1050 (55")

in the meantime the Gigabyte Aorus FO48U OLED 4k monitor is "only" $799 and blows anything IPS out of the water

4. cucaulay malkin

cucaulay malkin Ancient Guru

GPU:
    AD102/Navi21
    1100eur for the Gigabyte here

5. tunejunky

tunejunky Ancient Guru

GPU:
    7900xtx/7900xt
    ouch

6. reix2x

reix2x Master Guru

GPU:
    HIS 4870 1GB
    idk why but i feel like Sony is falling behind in so many of their product lines this days, Play Station and TV stuff seems to be very strong, but i feel them less and less apealing and innovative every day.

7. cucaulay malkin

cucaulay malkin Ancient Guru

GPU:
    AD102/Navi21
    Still acceptable if its that good

8. TalentX

TalentX Master Guru

GPU:
    Inno3D RTX4090 AIO
    My experiences with Gigabyte is that they basically don't have any quality-check in their production facilities (like literally none at all. Not a worse quality-check, they don't have any at all. Literally I mean with not-present actually not-present).

I have had literally 11 quantities of the Auros FI27Q-P display at my home (€600,- each during release month) and every single one of them suffers from annoying LED backlight bleeding as well as IPS glow.
    Reviews are useless, because reviewers receive flawless models to advertise them. During research I had a hard time to find any mentioning of possible flaws within the display panel from that model (backlight bleeding, clouding, banding, flicker, input-lag, ips glow, high-pitched noise and the like). So I tried to find out myself by purchasing 11 of it.
    Several of those 11 panels also had flaws like pixel errors, damaged encasing (not caused by delivery btw. it was properly protected from delivery damages for sure), damaged LEDs from its backlit-wings, damaged AC connector that caused a high frequency noise and two of them even had banding on their IPS panels as an additional panel-flaw to the backlight bleeding and IPS glow. The least two all of the 11 were affected from.

My brother gave its successor a chance, he purchased the FI27Q-X and the same issues are present on that too.

I am quite confident, that Gigabyte is one of the worst companies to buy a display from. And the price doesn't matter either. So many trouble for just a 600 bucks monitor is a no-go already. Can't expect a 1000 bucks monitor from the same company to be any better.

Last edited: Jun 29, 2022
  9. tunejunky

tunejunky Ancient Guru

GPU:
    7900xtx/7900xt

i'm sorry for your experience but the O.E.M matters. LG is the O.E.M for the FO48U and the panel is a C2 OLED.

the quality is there and i've had hands on with this monitor and gamed on it several times.
    it is #1 on my buy list (it's been there since i bought a 6900xt) and i will be buying it with my quarterly bonus.

this is not IPS and it isn't made by AOC (like the models you highlighted).
    the only issue is if you have productivity software you might want font software for anything over 100%
    i typically do 125% but i don't do productivity on my existing OLED (1080p 6-7 y/o)

10. nizzen

nizzen Ancient Guru

GPU:
    3x3090/3060ti/2080t
    1440p under 240hz is waste in 2022 ;)

tunejunky likes this.