Dwayne Johnson Kills two people in TV prank that went wrong - Hypothetical argument

Discussion in 'The Guru's Pub' started by Loobyluggs, Jun 27, 2022.

1. Loobyluggs

Loobyluggs Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 3060 12GB
    Here's the hypothetical:

Dwayne Johnson is an unwitting participant in a television network staged kidnapping, as a consequence, he snaps the necks of the kidnappers who kept themselves completely in character.

(Un)fortunately he was filmed throughout, it's all on film, he was recorded completely on audio and visual - there is, in other words, absolutely no question at all that he 'did' snap the neck of two people.

Who is in the wrong here?

The tv station/network, or, The Rock?

I must ask this question, because it is very interesting as a hypothetical, as to "why" a network station would ever put two people in a position wherein they are trying to kidnap someone who knows how to snap someone's neck, or, the dichotomy of "surely you must have known it was a prank - why did you snap their necks...why did you not just run away?"

So, I am introducing the 'fight or flight' argument, which perhaps is at the core of question...but I think it is relevant.

Would Dwayne Johnson snap their necks (fight) or run away (flight)?

Oh, btw, this hypothetical has the would-be kidnappers unarmed...

2. Brasky

Brasky Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte 4070 Ti Su
    There's a reason the prank shows weren't filmed in red states or poor neighborhoods, because the threat will be perceived as real and someone might get hurt instead of scared. I think that the TV station would be liable and Dwayne would not be charged. Just my dumb opinion.

Loobyluggs likes this.
  3. FlawleZ

FlawleZ Guest

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 1080Ti SC2
    Is this hypothetical based off another real world example or was it something completely imagined?

4. cucaulay malkin

cucaulay malkin Ancient Guru

GPU:
    AD102/Navi21
    I don't understand your questions

really, how would that be different from a non-staged kidnapping for dwayne johnson ?
    who would be liable ? the people who kidnapped him probably. the people who constructed and signed the contract.

have you ever seen a caught kidnapper defend himself by saying the victim didn't get the joke ?

sounds to me like victim blaming.

Last edited: Jun 27, 2022
    Celcius likes this.

5. Loobyluggs

Loobyluggs Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 3060 12GB
    You think 'the public' would be on the side of Dwayne for acting appropriately?

6. tsunami231

tsunami231 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 1070Ti Black
    damn got my hopes up was hoping was true so would not have see terrible acting anymore

7. mbk1969

mbk1969 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GF RTX 4070
    Someone forces you to watch it?

FatBoyNL and The Laughing Ma like this.
  8. cucaulay malkin

cucaulay malkin Ancient Guru

GPU:
    AD102/Navi21
    well unless they like to blame the victim they should.

9. Loobyluggs

Loobyluggs Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 3060 12GB
    It was me trying to put my finger on the pulse - as I know how nutty TV pranks can be, and, can only imagine what the fallout would be from something as horrific as putting two people in a position where they are trying to kidnap someone who is trained in the ways of snapping necks for a living.

Would the tv network be held accountable for pitting two 'actors' against "THE ROCK". Y'see, it's not a hypothetical as to whether The Rock would actually snap two necks or not, it is a hypothetical about the aftermath in the USA on the law and whether there is any 'wiggle-room' on snapping the necks of two 'actors' employed to do a tv prank, only to die at the hands of the person they were going to kidnap.

I think it's interesting to devils advocate either side, as I am honestly not sure what the courts in the US of A would do under these circumstances...I mean, the actors involved were not armed...and they were (this will hurt Dwayne) big fans of The Rock, yet, he is the one who snaps their respective necks, killing them outright, when all they wanted to do was entertain people for a TV show.

You would not be able to call it accidental, because it would be on film and audio tape - a cut and dry case of murdering two people, and intentional.

10. DannyD

DannyD Ancient Guru

GPU:
    evga 2060
    Idiot thread

FlawleZ and cucaulay malkin like this.

11. This reminds me of the Assassins documentary where two people were part of a prank show, and someone ended up disguising a prank to kill Kim Jong-nam. The pranksters claimed to be unwitting, but were prosecuted anyway. Charges were dropped I believe.

As for the question, I believe the TV network would be the blame. I believe Dwayne's position in that case would be defensive or stand-your-ground.

386SX likes this.
  12. Loobyluggs

Loobyluggs Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 3060 12GB
    Not a fan of hypotheticals - or the thought that something like this could happen?

13. Loobyluggs

Loobyluggs Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 3060 12GB
    Thank you, I will look into this, I was unaware of it.

14. tsunami231

tsunami231 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 1070Ti Black
    the other half? that make watch that crap with them? and people that keep casting him?

15. DannyD

DannyD Ancient Guru

GPU:
    evga 2060
    When you read this on front page it reads like it happened.
    i thought it had happened when reading on phone at work on break.

16. mbk1969

mbk1969 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GF RTX 4070
    The other half watching action movies? Are there such lucky guys?!

These people can`t force to watch their movies.

17. tsunami231

tsunami231 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 1070Ti Black
    it mostly the other half that think the guy can act making me watch that crap, so unlucky in this case

18. KissSh0t

KissSh0t Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ASUS 3060 OC 12GB
    Dwayne Johnson once killed Kevin Hart accidentally when Dwayne patted Kevin on the back, the tap was so powerful Kevin disintegrated....... luckily Jack Black was nearby at the time of the incident who used dark magic to rebuild Kevin's body, the only problem is that the new Kevin Hart 2.0 is slightly smaller than Kevin Hart 1.0.

To this day Kevin has not forgiven Dwayne, although it's more to do with the greater size difference and less to do with being killed.

19. Airbud

Airbud Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX RX 5600XT
    hahahaha!

20. Hypernaut

Hypernaut Master Guru

GPU:
    5700XT Red Devil
    I bet the OP pays 100 dollar for every CoD campaign and uses a controller for Doom and Quake. Yes unheard of a decade ago.