Radeon-ID Community Driver: Hybrid - Release Nebula 23.11.1 WHQL

Discussion in 'Videocards - AMD Radeon Drivers Section' started by mylipho15, Feb 5, 2021.

1. BlackGlaives

BlackGlaives Member

GPU:
    5700XT THICC III
    hello, my driver gets restarted or becomes reset ( driver + UI ) while i am playing division 2. it cause division 2 to crash tons of times in loading / main menu / playing. i have 22.5.1 V5 and tested UI 3.5-4-5. i tried 22.10 driver bus also.

2. Lbuipo

Lbuipo Master Guru

GPU:
    XFX merc319 7800xt
    Ubisoft did not fix completely the DirectX 12 crashes.
    And the game itself it's very sensitive to cpu, mem or gpu's oc's.

3. BlackGlaives

BlackGlaives Member

GPU:
    5700XT THICC III
    1- non of my hardware are overclocked
    2- after crash i`ve seen UI at my taskbar goes and comes back again
    3- while game freezes i`ve heard an plug / un-plug sound and my monitor becomes black for a sec ( like when i installing new graphic driver )
    4- WHQL was enabled
    5- game crashes 10x more on DX12 so i am playing on DX11 ( DX12 performance is shocking )

4. zingzs

zingzs Maha Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire 6700XT 12G
    do not use navi experimental if you have that problem

parennas likes this.

5. mylipho15

mylipho15 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RX 580
    Did you using Regular or Experimental GCN Kernel version, since i have that option in Installer.

6. Dewan

Dewan Guest

GPU:
    R9 290/4 GB
    If I may, what's the meaning of WU driver? Sorry I'm ignorant about this. Also does the new driver for legacy gcn, not include all the open gl fixes?

7. bobalazs

bobalazs Guest

GPU:
    RX 480 4Gb
    wu driver - windows update
    is the same as the last legacy driver, just got whql signature.

Dewan likes this.
  8. mylipho15

mylipho15 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RX 580
    The UWP OpenGL doesn't support Legacy GCN 1/2/3, last supported opengl releases are from AMD 22.5.1
    And the UWP OpenGL Beta requires minimum Polaris GPU to get working.

Dewan likes this.
  9. BlackGlaives

BlackGlaives Member

GPU:
    5700XT THICC III
    hello, i`ve seen that the mod creator mentioned there are Regular or Experimental GCN Kernel version. may you please guide me more. i don`t know what are those and need to know how i can check them.

10. Martin2603PL

Martin2603PL Master Guru

GPU:
    RTX 2080 Ti
    Everything is written and explained very well in install window.
    If you have problems with reading, then that's not our problem amigo.

Uniinstall those drivers with DDU
    Disconnet internet
    Install NimeZ drivers in auto-mode to avoid clicking the wrong option.

:)

11. BlackGlaives

BlackGlaives Member

GPU:
    5700XT THICC III
    hello, if you mean UI Dependency ( right now i haven`t any UI ). i tested all of them. but will try again. also i fill sourceforge and software ( github ) has different size.

12. ovflowd

ovflowd Guest

GPU:
    AMD RX 6900 XT / 16
    Hey there

I tried to install these fancy super cool drivers, and feeling adventurous, I tried the UWP Beta 3 ( and Beta 2) versions. In both cases the driver installation causes the GPU to crash and keep on endless Error Code 43.

The regular non-beta version (non-UWP) works fine. In every test I tried to remove all drivers first via DDU, tried using either 22.10 or 21.50 kernel drivers.

I’m on Insider 22H2 (Windows 11). Using a Ryzen 9 5900X and a RX 5900XT Sapphire Toxic Extreme Edition. The motherboard is an Unify X (MEG) from MSI.

Any help is super appreciated here

13. I agree with this. The first post is a mess of information, and codec packs are absolutely bloat and unnecessary. Good video player apps handle their own codecs (mpv, and even VLC), or you can get them from MS Store (AV1, VP9, MPEG2, HEVC).

I've encoded, re-encoded, and sourced media from various places over the years. Had no problem playing any of it through mpv. And anyone serious about media playback already knows what they need to do with LAV filters and madVR and whatnot, which is outside the scope of a display driver.

Edit: According to the tweaks list, this driver intentionally disables Microsoft's codecs and enforces the use of a 3rd-party pack. That technically would make a codec pack a requirement, but I'm really interested in why this is done.

I was part of 9xxSSF and helped make custom drivers for Intel iGPUs, notably the 950GMA. I have experience with providing different driver packages for different systems. We didn't work with as-many GPUs as Amernime is targeting though.

Looking through this thread, I see reports of WHQL errors and not selecting certain options and bugs. I can't imagine dealing with that and thus haven't bothered trying these drivers. I have a hard enough time dealing with AMD's driver mess and half-busted AMF :p

But I do appreciate the efforts here! I would like to one day look at the tweaks this driver is doing and see if I can cherry-pick some, but I also believe it would be nice to thoroughly detail what the tweaks are and why.

For some advice, some sections in the first post should be in Spoilers. I don't care about testers and what GPU they have. And all those version numbers at the bottom should absolutely be in spoilers; what even is that information for someone just looking to get a bit more performance? Also what is Terascale? I can guarantee you most people don't know what that is (I personally never heard of that architecture name), and then have to get re-directed to a spreadsheet. If the experimental kernel option is so busted (there's several bugs reported about it here), it shouldn't be offered in the main installer at all and should be a separate package, or straight-up removed since it's clearly unstable.

I've read the first post and can understand most of it, but it's over-complicated. This is only my opinion.

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 25, 2022
  14. Arnold Woodley

Arnold Woodley Guest

GPU:
    RX 580
    Epic Games launcher is showing no text with using experimental drivers.

15. zingzs

zingzs Maha Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire 6700XT 12G
    you can go back to 22.5.1 non beta thing without dxnavi, if you are using polaris based gpus

16. someonelikeyou

someonelikeyou Member Guru

GPU:
    RX 5500 XT
    Legend, I used some of those drivers many years back

Deleted member 282649 likes this.
  17. DjDiabolik

DjDiabolik Guest

GPU:
    Nvidia GT720
    Hi my friends....... i have a problably stupid question. From the first page i have right now downloaded this file "V5-UWP-GCN-WHQL-Insight-NimeZ-Adrenalin-22.5.1-DCH.7z" for try to update driver on my pc whit a R7 360.

My question it's........... from first page i don't see anymore available the link for download the "Dependencies_GCN".

If i remember the latest version can download the depencies directly during the installation himself but i know for made a full installtion it's better do whitout internet connection.

At this point whit PC Offline how i can download the dependencies during the installation ?

*EDIT*
    Problably found myselt the solution i do this:
    1) Using DDU for uninstall previous driver..... reboot my PC
    2) Whit BAD Graphics resolution after reboot i open a File Explorer to reach folder how i extract the archive.
    3) Disable my LAN Devices on my PC to made my PC offline
    4) Run the NZSetup
    5) Choose to made an automatic installtion whitout using the CLI

I have accepted all request to install driver.............. during the procedure i have also choose to install the "Color HotFix" (remember to try if i can resolve the issue whit glitch on irfanview).

After i see the installation of driver by "Snappy Driver" tools i obtain a message say about installation of dependecies it's be autodownloaded.

At this point i have re-enabled my LAN Devices to made my PC on internet.
    i see the "ccc2_gcn_install.exe" autodownloaded using, i thinks, wget or somethigs similar.

See all other installation obtain a complete installation......... closed the installation windows.

Now need to reboot my PC and see the result whit GPU-Z if the driver 22.5.1 it's fully installed whitout any issue.

Last edited: Jun 25, 2022
  18. Arnold Woodley

Arnold Woodley Guest

GPU:
    RX 580
    no solution on fixing that problem?

19. zingzs

zingzs Maha Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire 6700XT 12G
    dx navi thing is purely experimental for pre-Navi 2X GPUs, so bugs can be appeared and can't be fixed by the author itself due to its limitation

20. Artem20

Artem20 Guest

GPU:
    rx570 4gb
    What i need to install to have swith between "graphics" and "compute" mode in adrenaline software?
    windows 11
    rx 570