Display Driver Uninstaller Thread

Discussion in 'Videocards - NVIDIA GeForce Drivers Section' started by Wagnard, Jul 14, 2013.

1. Rolacka

Rolacka Active Member

GPU:
    MSI 4080 Super
    Anyone help me get rid of this, I swapped my 6900XT into the other system and put the 3080TI into my rig I used DDU and shutdown but after swapping I'm left with an entry loading at start " Radeon Software Startup Task" in my task manager, I can't find it in Registry or with Autoruns yet its there throwing an error every boot unless I disable it. how do I get rid of it ?

2. =GGC=Phantomblu

=GGC=Phantomblu Member Guru

GPU:
    Radeon RX 6900XT
    Prova a guardare attraverso i servizi di sistema, altrimenti prova CCleaner: quest'ultimo ha una forma avanzata di ricerca delle chiavi ...

3. Blackfyre

Blackfyre Maha Guru

GPU:
    RTX 3090
    Check programs in control panel and remove everything for AMD GPU drivers.

Make sure you reboot to safemode or safe mode with networking. When it boots into safe mode, it should auto-run DDU there. Make sure you click on OPTIONS top left corner (and select/tick options in the image below to remove everything).

Select device GPU, and then for all three (nvidia, AMD, and intel) do Clean and do not restart. Then finally do a clean and shutdown for AMD.

upload_2022-6-25_23-22-21.png

LocoDiceGR likes this.
  4. Rolacka

Rolacka Active Member

GPU:
    MSI 4080 Super
    That didn't work either "Radeon Software Startup Task" still in the task manager startup section, I even tried their own cleaner and that doesn't remove it either, also been thru registry and deleted as much as I could to do with Radeon.

5. Cave Waverider

Cave Waverider Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ASUS RTX 4090 TUF
    Don't forget to also tick the "Prevent downloads of drivers..." checkbox all the way to the bottom.

LocoDiceGR likes this.
  6. Blackfyre

Blackfyre Maha Guru

GPU:
    RTX 3090
    Interesting. Have you tried opening Task Scheduler and disabling it if it's there? Search "Task Scheduler" in the search bar, right click and run as admin, click on "Task Scheduler Library", and then on the right side there should be a list of tasks that can be disabled that usually run at startup.

Also RUN --> msconfig and then go services, hide Microsoft Services, and check all other services and make sure it's not there either.

upload_2022-6-26_8-51-48.png

7. Rolacka

Rolacka Active Member

GPU:
    MSI 4080 Super
    Yeah I've done all that and more, looks like I'll have to wait for a new ddu to get rid of it, it was something that appeared a couple of drivers ago no idea why as it was working fine without it.

8. Wagnard

Wagnard Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI Geforce GTX 1080
    @Rolacka I will need more information as i'm unable to repro this with my AMD card.
    What Driver version caused this ?
    Also if you can find where exactly this is added (in the registry or task scheduler / disk) it would be easier for me to remove.
    Also the DDU logs could be useful.

Last edited: Jul 1, 2022
  9. Rolacka

Rolacka Active Member

GPU:
    MSI 4080 Super
    the error.jpg the task.jpg

I'm unable to find this in either task scheduler or the registry or I would already have deleted it. The last driver I had on before I pulled the 6900XT was amd-software-adrenalin-edition-22.5.2-win10-win11-may23. This is on Win 11 pro x64. DDU was run in safe mode and is the latest version.

Wagnard likes this.
  10. Rolacka

Rolacka Active Member

GPU:
    MSI 4080 Super
    Also I tried to contact you via your site but it throws back an error:
    Error: Call to undefined function each() in SMTP->Data() (line 393 of /home/wagnard/public_html/sites/all/modules/smtp/smtp.transport.inc).
    The website encountered an unexpected error. Please try again later.

11. Wagnard

Wagnard Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI Geforce GTX 1080
    Thanks, I had problem with the site mail recently will check that.
    You were trying to send a PM?

Last edited: Jul 2, 2022
  12. Rolacka

Rolacka Active Member

GPU:
    MSI 4080 Super
    I was trying to send logs, seems i can only upload pictures to here and didn't want to copy paste a wall of text from the logs

13. Wagnard

Wagnard Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI Geforce GTX 1080
    You can email them to me at info@wagnardsoft.com

14. Rolacka

Rolacka Active Member

GPU:
    MSI 4080 Super
    logs sent to your email from the day I pulled the card.

Wagnard likes this.
  15. Watcher

Watcher Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus Dual RX6700 XT
    Display Driver Uninstaller (DDU) V18.0.5.2 Released.
    See first post of this thread for download locations and other important information.

16. BenchAndGames

BenchAndGames Master Guru

GPU:
    MSI RTX 4070 Ti
    Got a question

Unninstalling the Intel Display Drivers with DDU having Nvidia Drivers installed already, will remove also the Vulkan Libraries that was installed with the nvidia driver before ?

Cuz I had Nvidia drivers installed, I also installed the Intel Display for testing something, and when I done, I only unninstalled the Intel Display drivers but I noticed that in GPU-Z Vulkan compatibility was removed.
    I fix it by fresh isntall of Nvidia drivers but thats my questio.

17. Wagnard

Wagnard Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI Geforce GTX 1080
    You can reinstall the runtime from here : https://vulkan.lunarg.com/sdk/home
    It should fix it for nvidia.
    In the future, you can disable the option to remove the vulkan runtime in the DDU options

18. BenchAndGames

BenchAndGames Master Guru

GPU:
    MSI RTX 4070 Ti
    Ohh ok thank you, yeah I just saw that I did not disabled that option to remove the vulkan runtime, so yeah with Intel driver unnintall I just screw it up. Also didnt know that I can install them from that site, thanks for replay.

Link dosent work but its ok Now I know that I can disabled the option to remove the vulkan runtime

19. Watcher

Watcher Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus Dual RX6700 XT
    Display Driver Uninstaller (DDU) V18.0.5.3 Released.
    See first post of this thread for download locations and other important information.

Wagnard likes this.
  20. Watcher

Watcher Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus Dual RX6700 XT
    Display Driver Uninstaller (DDU) V18.0.5.4 Released.