FSR Thread

Discussion in 'Videocards - AMD Radeon Drivers Section' started by Eastcoasthandle, Nov 6, 2021.

Tags:
  1. cucaulay malkin

cucaulay malkin Ancient Guru

GPU:
    AD102/Navi21
    at :19 for a couple of seconds you can clearly see what df were referring to
    suspiciously,you can't see it either.
    but you couldn't see a difference between native 1080p and 50% radeon boost so what are we even discussing here.

have you even seen a still photo of shimmer
    yes, if you're eastcoasthandle in fsr thread lol

there's also particle trailing in that same scene when he catches the axe, pretty bad one but not too distracting.

the issues are present,but I feel like they were a little blown out of proportion.
    after seeing eastcost's and krizzby's video's I think I'd have no problem with playing with fsr, though I do hate shimmer and I would definitely notice.

problem is why if taau doesn't have it and dlss is even better and faster.
    imo all three methods are acceptable,but amd's would rank last. granteed dlss is for rtx owners only. but taau is universal.

Last edited: Jun 17, 2022
  2. Eastcoasthandle

Eastcoasthandle Guest

GPU:
    Nitro 5700 XT
    Gas lighting, nice
    hahaha. :)
    Try a different driver so you can see videos better.

3. cucaulay malkin

GPU:
    AD102/Navi21
    I'd leave this thread but this is too funny
    so there's no particle ghosting and shimmer on fsr 2.0 on your monitor you say ?
    we have the culprit, we all have wrong monitors guys.
    on his fsr 2.0 looks better

[​IMG]

4. Eastcoasthandle

Eastcoasthandle Guest

GPU:
    Nitro 5700 XT
    Dispite the "language difference" in this user I decided to carefully look at the 19 second mark directly from the source video. I dialed the timeline to 0.01 to see the difference between .12 and .13 on my timeline.
    This will reveal any particle issues as assumed. Or, is it encoding anomaly when you "pixel peep". As anyone knows when you pixel peep to the nth degree errors can and will arise out of the encoding/decoding process more so then the game they are trying to see. Although this is supposedly common knowledge there are times when this needs to be explained as achilles heels of pixel peeping are not always communicated.

As demonstrated there is no ghosting, aka particle distortion in the original source. This is the inherent issue of why pixel peeping is a flawed methodology. It has a tendency to pick up on encoding and decoding anomalies that are mistaken for actual game play. This is what I believe you and aufkrawall2 are seeing. Even though I am not seeing it. Now I want to be clear the :19 second mark is slightly different ( by 1 second) to the original source for obvious reasons.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Now that this is cleared up. I am not seeing (while gaming) those issues. I use caution when pixel peeping to the nth degree as you enter a territory where there is a higher probability of catching glimpse of encoding/decoding issues that are not consistent when the action is repeated several times.

The biggest clue that tells you this is happening is that the result "you see" isn't consistent.
    ;)

5. cucaulay malkin

GPU:
    AD102/Navi21
    no it isn't as you clearly can't read
    :19 shows disocclusion
    the bush shimmers and shows distortion

i never mentioned particle ghosting at :19, i said it's there when he catches the axe

good thing there's native for comparison, you'll see what it's supposed to look like

6. Eastcoasthandle

Eastcoasthandle Guest

GPU:
    Nitro 5700 XT
    LOL and I thought it was a language barrier issue. Apparently not. But to be clear I checked between 18-22 second mark on my end and as shown in my prior post no ghosting, no particle issue, no dis-occlusion.
    ;)

7. cucaulay malkin

GPU:
    AD102/Navi21
    lol
    no other comment than I suggest to check your eyesight

you understand what "catching the axe" means ? it's not at 19 nor 22 to give you a hint

yes, there is a language barrier indeed

the shimmer is there all the time. didn't you catch it on a SS ? lol

8. Eastcoasthandle

Eastcoasthandle Guest

GPU:
    Nitro 5700 XT
    I did, I am not seeing anything. So lets include all the implied points of the throw:
    -Just before release
    -At release
    -While in the air going
    -While in the air coming back
    -Catching

No ghosting, no particle issues, no dis-occlusion issues from the source video that shows any difference between fsr 2.0 and native. Which is no longer at the 19 second mark. You've danced around and changed where to look quite a few times. As well as changed what the actual IQ issue is as well. That's why I broaden my range to include the whole motion.
    ;)

9. cucaulay malkin

GPU:
    AD102/Navi21
    you're really finding it hard dude
    same frame
    nativefsr.jpg

the more I watch it the more trailing i see, when the axe hits the tree too.
    are you seriously visually impaired or what
    even the shimmer/flicker on the blades of grass is obvious on fsr and not present at native

10. Eastcoasthandle

Eastcoasthandle Guest

GPU:
    Nitro 5700 XT
    LOL,
    So you show a catch with snow vs no snow. That's what you've been carrying on about? That certainly is not dis-occlusion. It's the axe reacting to the snow that's present in one screen shot that's not in the other. Nothing more.

And you tempared and altered the pic you sent to enhanced the snow a bit because looking at the video it's not pronounced like that. Now I know why you wouldn't clearly state this from the beginning and why you didn't give the exact time stamp. Wow, you are true fraud.
    o_O

11. cucaulay malkin

GPU:
    AD102/Navi21
    you think this is random
    lol
    why is it present on native every time and not on fsr, ever. you think such animations in games are random ? wow.

it's not my fault you're too dense to analyze a 20 second video where you know what to look at.
    i told you to look at the part when he catches the axe, took 2 pages, lol

and you're the native english speaker

sad.

12. aufkrawall2

aufkrawall2 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    7800 XT Hellhound
    So clearly particle trailing and disocclusion issue aren't dependent on the used GPU/vendor. Who would have thought.

13. cucaulay malkin

GPU:
    AD102/Navi21
    but,but he "proved" it 5 pages ago when he said that df didn't test an amd gpu so it must be just on nvidia
    funny thing he saw it then
    really,this guy's analytical skills ..... he can't even pretend

at this point he'd rather play dumb that he can't see it and blame us this was 2 seconds later in his own video.really funny.

14. Eastcoasthandle

Eastcoasthandle Guest

GPU:
    Nitro 5700 XT
    The above is an altered image. There is no snow shown on the axe by cucaulay malkin image. He even moved Native to the left when I had it on the right. There was no reason to do this unless the image was altered. As it wouldn't matter. Also, he labeled the image on the right "fsr". We are discussing FSR 2.0. Not FSR 1.0.

Below is the proper image of the video. Snow if found on both FSR 2.0 and Native image. Although the snow is a bit "lighter" on the axe. The shapes do appear to mirror the native image. This is taken within a few microseconds. So, I consider this a none issue.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

To debunk this was easier then l thought. Now that you've clearly shown what you were lying about. It's clear for me to go back to the video uploaded and show the same snow effect on both FSR 2.0 and Native.

It's quite clear having discussed the matter with you there is a lack of understanding of the terms you use to demonstrate a problem that you clearly don't see. Furthermore, it's also clear that you will lie, alter images and gas light in an attempt to validate this false narrative that you've been posting.

To be clear, I looked at the videos from the prospective of seeing something from FSR 2.0 that is not found or found in Native. You clearly tried to show this snow effect from native hoping that I wouldn't see the same thing from FSR 2.0 a few seconds later. If these effects are found in native resolution then FSR 2.0 hasn't presented an anomaly to me.
    ;)
    LOL

Last edited: Jun 18, 2022
  15. cucaulay malkin

GPU:
    AD102/Navi21
    didn't see this much denial on g3d before

even in the shots you posted particles look off in fsr 2.0 compared to native

we're deceiving you with the video you made yourself. this is absolutely hilarious.

16. aufkrawall2

aufkrawall2 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    7800 XT Hellhound
    No need to alter images when the issues are present in your own videos. Kudos for that epic self-own!

Somebody please ring me when he got the help he apparently needs without noticing, perhaps he can get a discount for therapy when he books a group session with TimmyP.
    Until then -> ignore list.
    What is it with fanboys, so much bitterness in them...

17. Eastcoasthandle

Eastcoasthandle Guest

GPU:
    Nitro 5700 XT
    Lol some don't have the integrity and honesty to know how to watch a video. It is not hard to figure out that the videos I present do not line up with the iq anomalies found.

Not only did I have to show it but also prove what I have shown. Which still results in some creating conspiracy theories of ghosts, etc (no puns intended). Resulting from tin foil hat theories that do not stick.

At the end of the day I did not notice any ghosting, and other image quality issues that some claim that I must have.
    ;)

Last edited: Jun 18, 2022
  18. TimmyP

TimmyP Guest

GPU:
    RTX 3070
    Hmm maybe its because non-fanboys could never have a proper discussion, in whats been SEVEN years now (since Volta), without being called a fanboy? If you look at my post history I tried not to sound like one, then just gave up on the idea. I wanted to be clear about that.

...Oh right, I'm sure you aren't seeing this either because you are a bonafide sociopath, irrevocably and permanently proven by the fact that you need to announce you block people (you are "one of those"). Oh well, now everybody gets to see MY posts, but you... strange I have no problem with that whatsoever.

Back on topic and to say something positive about FSR2: I think its gonna shine in MSFS.

Eastcoasthandle likes this.
  19. Eastcoasthandle

Eastcoasthandle Guest

GPU:
    Nitro 5700 XT
    I wonder how long it's going to take them to bring the update though? I notice that those developers do take their time to try to do things right. Something I can respect.
    I will say that after playing GOW with and without FSR 2.0 I really didn't have a preference. It's a 60 FPS game. Since I am getting well over 100 FPS I found no real benefit enabling FSR 2.0. Even though I didn't notice any IQ differences while playing.

Perhaps this is just my opinion but I find upscalers are really for those who struggle to get a frame rate that some are comfortable with gaming at. None is perfect though. And there is going to be a IQ trade off of some kind. But for games where one struggles to get a solid, smooth 60 FPS (MSFS can be one of them). An upscaler would be a big benefit.

20. Krizby

Krizby Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus RTX 4090 TUF
    Focus on the grass just in front of Kratos, not only it's shimmering with FSR, but also every time Kratos's left hand move over the grass there is disocclusion surrorounding Kratos's left hand.

On my 48" screen FSR do look noticeable worse than Native, but probably not on smaller screen, 4K FSR2.0 however would look the same as 4K Native on still images.

Try VSR to 4K + FSR Quality, then you would have superior image quality than 1440p Native