RTSS Overlay Editor Megathread

Discussion in 'MSI AfterBurner Application Development Forum' started by Haldi, Jan 26, 2021.

1. bobnewels

bobnewels Maha Guru

GPU:
    amd
    Well any image can be changed in size if you set 0 in height and width. The image is good and does not need new image.
    If you do not know how to change size.

-since you have changed the image already from original here is how to change size for any who wants to know
    -open RTSS
    -click setup
    -click plugins
    -put checkmark for overlayeditor.dll and double click on overlayeditor.dll
    -to adjust the image to the size you want click on image you want to change
    -click on hypertext to highlight and three dots to make changes, make sure 0 is set for image width and image height
    -when set to zero you can adjust image to any desired size
    -to change image,click 3 dots in embedded image settings
    -find image you want,click top left corner of image.You will see a box or boxes,you can put a box around image or give the box an actual dimension with sprite width and sprite height
    -click ok to exit,drag image to any size Untitled.jpg
    -save overlay once you have what you want
    -you can only use one overlay/sprite.png at a time

vLaDv, mcplaza, koksnasoku and 3 others like this.
  2. Bhudda

Bhudda Master Guru

GPU:
    Nvidia FE 3070
    yeah I figured it out before I saw your post but good information so thanks for sharing

3. bobnewels

bobnewels Maha Guru

GPU:
    amd
    YOUR WELCOME

4. Bhudda

Bhudda Master Guru

GPU:
    Nvidia FE 3070
    I'm going to search through this thread on a "how to" but in the ngreedia png file there are limited sprite images for Ryzen compared to Intel.

I would like to include sprite images for Ryzen 9 and Zen 3.

I did copy an image over the existing Ryzen one but it didn't look clean and didn't blend in, maybe because the nreegdia file is transparent.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

vLaDv likes this.

5. bobnewels

bobnewels Maha Guru

GPU:
    amd
    Post#145 has tools for adding images together for overlays in the download.

Bhudda likes this.
  6. Bhudda

Bhudda Master Guru

GPU:
    Nvidia FE 3070
    I reached out to the creator on youtube and he has now included updated Ryzen 5,7,9 images in the Sprite. It's perfect now. :)

SpajdrEX and koksnasoku like this.
  7. koksnasoku

koksnasoku Guest

GPU:
    Vega 56
    Hi Bhudda, I'm glad you like my skin, I've also updated the the files for radeon and geforce skins with more zen and ryzen logos - just re-download the package from the link below youtube video or from here:
    https://www.dropbox.com/s/rb1afq8fiuwjf5l/Skins for Riva vol. 1 rev.1.7z?dl=0

Andy_K, SpajdrEX and Bhudda like this.
  8. 9cento

9cento Guest

GPU:
    GTX 1070 / 8 GB
    Long story short, I'd like to monitor if a PerfCap by voltage ever occurred while gaming or something; to do so I was thinking of adding the related maximum value from HWinfo for example, but to my surprise I found out that you can only handle current values, not averages, not minimum, just current. Now, I know that speaking of framerate there's no such problem because all those values have their macro built into the Overlay Editor, but what about the other types of values? Am I missing something or simply there's no way to accomplish my goal? Thanks in advance

9. Unwinder

Unwinder Ancient Guru Staff Member

I won't be importing anything but current values from HwInfo. All data providers available in OverlayEditor are intended to give you current snapsot of hardware state, nothing more, nothing less. HwInfo is not the only data provider available and using it (and only it) to import and report its' internal min/avg/max stats, which are collected externally with unknown sampling rate and during undefined time period is EXTREMELY confusing for end users, I find such implementation bad software design idea for OverlayEditor.
    So instead of taking min/max from HwInfo, I can offer adding some new variables to correction formulas (e.g. xmin, xavg and xmax), which can provide statistics calculated on internal data buffer for any data source independently of selected data provider.

10. muchacho

muchacho New Member

GPU:
    RX6600

Attached Files:

11. Dan Longman

Dan Longman Master Guru

GPU:
    4080 FE
    Figured I would share my overlay, for people who like me want a simple, minimalistic text based overlay, with tons of valuable information. Uses HWinfo for some readings.

I use colour changing formulas to indicate high utilizations, temps etc,

Bottom Left:
    Framerate, Frametime, API, Frametime graph, Time
    GPU Temp, GPU Utilization, Clock speed, Power Draw of GPU
    VRAM Temp, VRAM utilized, VRAM of Current App, VRAM Speed
    CPU Temp, CPU Utilization, RAM Utilization, CPU Clock Speed
    OverlayBottomLeft.png

Bottom Right:
    Chassis Exhaust Fan speed, Chassis Intake Fan speed, GPU Fan Speed
    CPU Power draw, UPS Power Draw, Water Temp
    Application type, Resolution
    OverlayBottomRight.png

Top Right:
    CPU thread utilization (0-7)
    CPU Cores Speed (0-3)
    CPU thread utilization (8-15)
    CPU Cores Speed (4-7)
    OverlayTopLeft.png

My font settings, adjust scale for resolutions other than 4k if needed
    Screenshot 2022-06-13 143342.png

Full thing in game:
    overlay.jpg

OVL file: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1hp3znQMNxz7E0Gykk9C-bmK2Q3l_gnqQ/view?usp=sharing

Mei Meigi, nykun, Lukyz and 2 others like this.
  12. mcplaza

mcplaza Member

GPU:
    RTX 3070 Eagle OC
    Sharing my overlay that is in fact the sum of many other peoples ovl.
    Other than the usual graphics and sprites there are some formulas using Windows 11 counters to fix the CPU Usage that now is different and need to use %Processor Utility counter from Win 11.
    Since utility goes over 100% because is using base clocks to find the results. It is like 130% of base clock performance.
    Used a lot of Win 11 counters and sensors to have all that I wanted. It is a panel for FS2020 with access to the game disk, cache disk and swap disk. Included network bandwidth and Max Single core usage too. It has all the info I wanted other than DDR4 speed from counters.
    827-(2022-06-15) RTSS.png

. 831-(2022-06-15) MSI-Kombustor-x64.png

13. Amaze

Amaze Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus 4070 ti TUF
    Hey. How come cpu fan won't show in data source list in objects?

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

14. Unwinder

Why it should be there?

15. Amaze

Amaze Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus 4070 ti TUF
    Because I added it to the list just like all the other things that I track. Is there some exception to the cpu fan?

16. Unwinder

Most likely you added multiple data sources with exactly the same name above in the list. Sources are identified by names inside the layout so they must be unique. Multiple sources with the same names are allowed to switch between different providers for the same data.

17. Amaze

Amaze Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus 4070 ti TUF
    Hmm I see. I don't see any other duplicates named just CPU but when I renamed it to CPU FAN it does show now. Perhaps it needed a last name to distinguish itself from everything else starting with CPU.
    Thank you.

18. Amaze

Amaze Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus 4070 ti TUF
    I'm not much of a designer so does anyone have any tips for improvement here?
    [​IMG]

mcplaza likes this.
  19. mcplaza

mcplaza Member

GPU:
    RTX 3070 Eagle OC
    This is my latest All cores overlay. I only tested with Ryzen 7 and using it with Win11 internal counters.
    I'm not sure if the .ovl files include all the added counters, etc.
    Cores with distinct colors are the ones with better quality based on AMD selection.
    There is a set of four layouts, 4x4, 2x8 and this one is 1x16:

838-(2022-06-17) MSI-Kombustor-x64.png

20. realghostvids

realghostvids Member

GPU:
    RTX 2070 SUPER 8GB
    Here's my overlay, which uses only RTSS for all its stats. I messed around with the new margins and was able to add a subtle border around the whole thing which I think looks pretty nice.
    [​IMG]
    OVL file if anyone would like to use it: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1LNcsV1qt1RVb_s8k9yOHt4d95424aeV4/view?usp=sharing

I made it for a 1440p screen and used the font SF Mono size 7 with the zoom ratio on 2x. It should scale to any size and work with any monospaced font however.

Haldi, unicat002, Evomasta and 5 others like this.