NVIDIA GeForce 516.40 WHQL driver download & Discussion

Discussion in 'Videocards - NVIDIA GeForce Drivers Section' started by valorex, Jun 15, 2022.

1. Cave Waverider

Cave Waverider Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ASUS RTX 4090 TUF
    Hm, very odd. Do you have Anti-Aliasing or some sort of LOD setting or something else forced via Control Panel or Nvidia Profile Inspector? Or some Z buffer tweaks perhaps?

Darren Hodgson likes this.
  2. mbk1969

mbk1969 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GF RTX 4070
    NiColaoS likes this.
  3. Mapson

Mapson Member Guru

GPU:
    RTX 2060 Super 8GB
    Three more 516.40 open issues added by Nvidia:
    • [Vulkan] Path of Exile displays flashing black textures [3682952]
    • [Neverwinter Nights] Light sources not rendering correctly [3682841]
    • [Prepar3D] Light sources display flashing black boxes [3684206]
    List of issues added since driver 516.40 release.
    • [Jurassic World Evolution 2] Artifacts may appear in game [3682201]
    • Minecraft displays artifacts when using Optifine shaders [3682262]
    • Artifacts in Second Life/Firestorm viewer when Advanced Lightning Model is enabled [3682537]
    • [Vulkan] Path of Exile displays flashing black textures [3682952]
    • [Neverwinter Nights] Light sources not rendering correctly [3682841]
    • [Prepar3D] Light sources display flashing black boxes [3684206]
    EDIT: driver version typo, thanks @CPC_RedDawn :)

fluidz, Herochild and valorex like this.
  4. CPC_RedDawn

CPC_RedDawn Ancient Guru

GPU:
    PNY RTX4090
    561.40 what a jump :D

Mapson likes this.

5. windrunnerxj

windrunnerxj Master Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4060
    I usually take such benchmarks with a pinch of skepticism but man anything past 511 seems to get worse for Pascal bit by bit.
    That bug of DWM registry reads in 511.79 does not affect manifest on display without gsync/freesync, right? Might as well roll back to that version if that's the case.

Mapson likes this.
  6. d5aqoep

d5aqoep Active Member

GPU:
    Galax 4090 ST
    S**t driver. Windows 11 booted with "RTX 3080 has a problem" bla bla bla. Artifacts in Forza Horizon 5 after 15 mins and some funny rainbow textures.

7. OniKeaton

OniKeaton Master Guru

GPU:
    3080 Ti FE 12GB
    Had a few CTD's, so I just rolled back to 516.25, and no issues so far. I'll roll back to 512.95/96 if I run into anything else with this branch.

8. aufkrawall2

aufkrawall2 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    7800 XT Hellhound
    Ok, so Ryzen, Intel, Turing and Ampere users affected by random crashes.

9. Mapson

Mapson Member Guru

GPU:
    RTX 2060 Super 8GB
    I didn't experience an issue with 511.79 DWM registry reads on a display with freesync (compatible, not on Nvidia's list) or on a display with no freesync / no gsync / no VRR.

As with all data, the benchmark results / analysis comparing drivers 442.59 to 516.40 is system dependent and can be used as a general guide only.

windrunnerxj likes this.
  10. Triklopius

Triklopius Member

GPU:
    gtx 1080
    After i told about dx11 warframe instant freezes, i switched to dx 12 beta warframe. This brought me 2 x black screens with 100% upspinning fans. The only way was to reboot. Then i tried out not clean install 512.96 and was trying to open Epic after this and what can i say, while opening Epic side, i got black screen with 100% upspinning fans. After clean install 512.96 no more freezes or black screens with 100% upspinning fans.
    I realy had to use clean install to get all good!

11. Darren Hodgson

Darren Hodgson Ancient Guru

GPU:
    NVIDIA RTX 4080 FE
    Actually, I found out that it is DLSS that breaks the game.

What I actually did last week when I got my RTX 3080 graphics card was to replace the nvngx_dlss.dll files for a large number of games manually with the newer v2.4.3 one and when I loaded this game I enabled it which results in the issues I described. When I verified the game, Steam detected the later DLSS file and flagged it as corrupt and downloaded the original v2.1.39 version. The weird thing is that the issues still occur with that version. As soon as turn off DLSS in the graphics menu then the main menu graphics reappear!!!

Can anyone confirm whether the default (v2.1.39) version of DLSS is working for them? I am on the e1.8.0 beta branch by the way. Thanks.

Last edited: Jun 17, 2022
  12. ManuelG

ManuelG NVIDIA Rep

GPU:
    Geforce RTX 2080 FE
  13. ManuelG

ManuelG NVIDIA Rep

GPU:
    Geforce RTX 2080 FE
    I couldn't reproduce this. Can you share screenshots of the in game graphics settings you are using and also list what settings you have changed in the NVIDIA Control Panel from the default settings?

14. chispy

chispy Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4090
    Not a good driver for me , sadly the old pixelated , jaggies , artifacts bug on Forza Horizon 5 are back. Rolling back to the older driver 512.95 fixed this bug , it was a well known issue and bug on some old drivers for all Forza Horizon games. I play at 4k.

rtx 3090 / 5800x / asrock b550 steel legend / 32gb ddr4-3800 / Samsung ks8000 4k hdr tv connected via hdmi cable. Clean installed twice the new driver and the bug never went away , only after i installed old driver 512.95 it went away 100% hence it is the new driver bringing back an old bug again into my system. I did used the same settings as always. Bad driver :/

15. ManuelG

ManuelG NVIDIA Rep

GPU:
    Geforce RTX 2080 FE
    Thanks. Any chance you could quickly email me screenshots of the in game graphics settings you are using in the game and also let me know what settings you changed in the NVIDIA Control Panel from the default settings so I can quickly get our QA to look into this? Also any particular maps that you are aware of that constantly show this or is this something that just appears after a long time of playing? What refresh rate are you gaming at? Some previous Forza game corruption bugs were very timing sensitive so getting the graphics settings would be really helpful. Last but not least, were you using any software with their own overlay while gaming like MSI Afterburner? You can email it to driverfeedback@nvidia.com

chispy likes this.

16. chispy

chispy Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4090

Thank you. I will do that now and i will be back to post the requested screenis for you.

Bug report was sent to driverfeedback@nvidia.com with all the information requested by you Manuel G. thank you and i really appreciate the help.

eGGroLLiO likes this.
  17. chispy

chispy Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4090

Here is the requested screenis and a picture in game footage of the bug happening real time.

Here is the Bug happening in real time down here.

[​IMG] [​IMG]

18. chispy

chispy Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4090
  19. chispy

chispy Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4090
    I have been using the exact same settings on all the Forza Horizon games for years as well as the same nvidia control panel settings , nothing change over the years the only change i made was to update to the new driver every time this bug appears :/

Another in game picture in real time game footage with the bug happening , it last for 30 seconds to 1 minute then dissapear and reappear agan within 3-5 minutes non stop , it's a game braker. Only thing that fix this bug is going back to older driver.

Here please click on the picture to make it bigger and see what i actually see in game :( , the bug makes everything looks heavy pixelated with jaggies and artifacts.

[​IMG]

20. loracle

loracle Master Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1660 super
    Don't know what they are doing but with 512.95 nearly killing my gpu, be careful, better back to last working driver for you.