AMD Radeon Software Adrenalin 22.5.2 driver download and discussion

Discussion in 'Videocards - AMD Radeon Drivers Section' started by inplayruns, May 24, 2022.

1. psyxeon

psyxeon Guest

GPU:
    Saffi 6800xt
    The driver is better but the problem is the same. It does not fix GTA Online Low gpu usage and low fps at nighttime.

2. z8373767

z8373767 Master Guru

GPU:
    6900XT/8650G+7970M
    DX9 games refuse to render in fullscreen mode
    Lack of Hardware Encoder
    Instability during playing non-demanding game.
    Instability during using Ray Tracing.
    Weird temperature behaviour.

Solution: Revert back to 22.5.1, or just like me, installing them for the first time. I thought my 6900XT came broken, but it was all driver issue.

MerolaC likes this.
  3. MerolaC

MerolaC Ancient Guru

GPU:
    AsRock RX 6700XT
    I thought the same for my 6700 XT. Though, Overwatch was the only thing not working properly.
    It seems that the changes they are doing inside the driver will take a while to get sorted.

4. Scarnage86

Scarnage86 New Member

GPU:
    AMD RX 6750 XT
    quick question, why hags do not show in windows setting even if i have a 6750xt, w11 22h2, ryzen 7 5800x??? is some dark magic to make it work? and is hags usefull like re-bar or i can just forget about it?

5. Krteq

Krteq Maha Guru

GPU:
    MSI RTX 3080 WC
    XOWNY and Cryio like this.
  6. Scarnage86

Scarnage86 New Member

GPU:
    AMD RX 6750 XT
  7. Cryio

Cryio Master Guru

GPU:
    Nitro+ 7900 XTX
    Strange how HAGS was implemented a year (or 2 years?) ago and it's been a standstill feature ever since.

8. PhazDelta

PhazDelta Master Guru

GPU:
    RX6900XT Strix LC
    ok i received my Cpu and did some test with SAM on on forza Horizon 5 same problem massive fps drop on dirty tracks Race LOL ................

9. Astyanax

Astyanax Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1080ti
    the night time issue is a CPU issue, not a GPU/Driver issue.

10. =GGC=Phantomblu

=GGC=Phantomblu Member Guru

GPU:
    Radeon RX 6900XT
    I believe that games in DX9 have been abandoned for some time or at least since the advent of DX12 because in all the drivers I have been able to test the results have been daunting.
    Taking a passmark test here are the results with RX AMD 6900 XT :
    DirectX 9 (Frames/Sec.) : 147.1 (62%)
    DirectX 10 (Frames/Sec.) : 364.5 (97%)
    DirectX 11 (Frames/Sec.) : 818.2 (99%)
    DirectX 12 (Frames/Sec.) : 158.9 (99%)

akanerin7 likes this.

11. akanerin7

akanerin7 Active Member

GPU:
    RX 7900 XTX Nitro
    the Optimization should apply across the board for all Eligible APIs such as DirectX & Orca OpenGL Beta (both sharing PAL) as well Vulkan with XGL.. but yea, its most likely that they're more focused on modern APIs than investing on older one like DirectX 9

12. Undying

Undying Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX RX6800XT 16GB
    Seems like a sam is an issue or your power limits.

13. aufkrawall2

aufkrawall2 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    7800 XT Hellhound
    Yes, Navi's D3D9 driver was even worse than the D3D11 driver before the recent big improvement. It had bad stutter in lots of games that aren't Source Engine, and probably still has?
    For the record: Also Nvidia D3D9 performance has partially regressed with Windows 10 (e.g. Borderlands 2). It's still "enjoyable" though, at least with fast CPUs. And afaik they didn't make it worse with new GPUs.

14. PhazDelta

PhazDelta Master Guru

GPU:
    RX6900XT Strix LC
    i think the motherboard have an issue

15. I did a clean W10 install with some different BIOS settings and when I installed 22.5.2, I didn't get a "Pci Bus" driver. I have "AMD PCI Express Downstream Switch Port" and an Upstream one devcies that I don't recall ever seeing before, and I have a "PCI Express Root Complex" device where I believe "Pci Bus" should be. I've also had the Performance tab cause Radeon Settings to crash a few times, and I only saw one other instance of that happening with a RX 580.

I'll have to see if I changed anything else notable, but I disabled Above 4G Decode and rBAR. Although GPU-Z reports Above 4G Decode to be enabled? I don't have large memory range on my GPU.

16. Ojref

Ojref Member Guru

GPU:
    Radeon RX 7900 XTX
    They've only had 3 years to get it working and yet, here we are.

Cryio likes this.
  17. Chastity

Chastity Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Nitro 5700XT/6800M
    HAGS is on the same development schedule as Enhanced Sync on the AMD drivers.

olymind1 and motoman26 like this.
  18. Cryio

Cryio Master Guru

GPU:
    Nitro+ 7900 XTX
    At least Enhanced Sync actually does work for a lot of people and a lot of games. Just not ... all.

I also believe it's a niche feature and I don't get why it's getting all the attention it's been getting.

somemadcaaant likes this.
  19. GamerNerves

GamerNerves Master Guru

GPU:
    RX 5700 XT Nitro+
    It's the opposite of a niche feature since not all games have FPS cap available, so if framerate exceeds refresh rate of the monitor, you will get tearing without it. Freesync + Enhanced Sync is a necessary combo and there are even games that don't behave correctly with Freesync, so if you are able get FPS to exceed monitor's refresh rate in these games, then Enhanced Sync will give you a tear free experience without mentionable added lag like with vertical synchronization.

I have had for quite a long time the problem of Wattman settings resetting when I reboot PC. I have discussed this issue with AMD support and already done the steps they requested, which were a clean install of drivers. Even with this latest driver version it still happens. I also updated to a new stable BIOS with AGESA version 1.2.0.7 (Asus B550M TUF Gaming Wifi, BIOS 2803).
    Now, in my opinion, I got quite a lazy request for a solution from AMD which I'm certainly not going to bother even try, since it's almost certain that it will not help and I also really don't have another viable PCI-E slot to use. Here it is:

"I would suggest you reset the motherboard BIOS (clear CMOS). Remove the CMOS battery for few minutes and reinsert it.

Once after resetting the MB BIOS, please reseat the graphic card (unplug and plug the GPU on the different PCI slot if available)."

This response alone makes me really consider Nvidia next time, since I sense that AMD doesn't really care, or if they do, fix are coming so late in the products lifecycle that you basically live with the issues till resale of the product. You can call me lazy if you want for not trying the suggested fix, but the truth is that RDNA1 has been prone to problems from the beginning, and at this point, I consider issues as severe as mine unacceptable.
    I'm thankful that AMD has supported my RX 5700 XT well by increasing it's performance, but I just don't want to face new unpredictable issues with their upcoming RDNA3 family, so I changed my answer to 'Nvidia' in this thread I made a while ago.

EDIT. Please tell me though if you, a fellow forum member, have solved this problem by the suggested solution or otherwise.

Last edited: Jun 11, 2022
  20. I've had a RX 580 most of the time since when Polaris was the latest architecture, and have a RX 6600 XT now, and have never seen Wattman reset settings unless I did something to cause it to (after system freezes with OC or when changing BIOS settings that cause the GPU to get a different PCI address).