RDNA2 RX6000 Series Owners Thread, Tests, Mods, BIOS & Tweaks !

Discussion in 'Videocards - AMD Radeon' started by OnnA, Oct 29, 2020.

1. Got a XFX 6600 XT, and so far it's been great under Linux, aside from dealing with AMD's compute support. Games and performance are decent, and mining is particularly efficient at a 800MHz clock

As far as OC, I did a +50MHz on RAM and it seems stable. Did the usual max power limit, and haven't had any need to try messing with a core OC yet.

2. Thiago Diniz

Thiago Diniz Member

GPU:
    6700 XT Red Devil
    I was a happy Vega64 owner, Vega has a lot of overclock/undervolt potential, just sold it yesterday and got an 6700XT Red Devil and I wonder if it is good at tweaking, its coming to my hands by friday.

Can you share your overclock/undervolt settings? and what software used?

any help would by awesome!

Thanks!

OnnA likes this.
  3. Strange Times

Strange Times Master Guru

GPU:
    RX 6600 XT
    Hey guys i have a question. is there a way to oc vram on 6600 more than 15.2gbps?

4. I heard that if you're on PCI-E 3.0, memory OC should be a higher priority; can anyone else give any feedback about this?

For memory OC, I do 1150MHz (2300MHz); it's been flawless under Linux for gaming and mining, but I've seen some texture corruption on Windows and have to see if it's the memory OC or fast timings causing it. I did the memory OC as far as I could just to hit 33 Mh/s and it happened to be stable lol

For core, I don't OC for games for now. If I'm doing overnight or long-idle mining, I underclock the core down to 800MHz, which is seemingly the lowest I can go in order to maintain 32-33 Mh/s. This drops temperatures significantly and gets the power limit down to about 50W.

On Linux I used sysfs and ROCm for clock and fan control. On Windows, I just use the built-in Wattman. I haven't cared about having multiple performance profiles until recently, but I find it a hassle to do from Wattman (I load the XML profile from the control panel), and much prefer how easy it was from MSI Afterburner. On Linux, I have scripts bound to two keys for switching between compute and game/performance profiles, although I could probably automate that with gamemode :p

Thiago Diniz likes this.

5. Thiago Diniz

Thiago Diniz Member

GPU:
    6700 XT Red Devil
    I used to use OverdriveNTool with Vega64, but now I'll give wattman a try. I don't need profiles, but OverdriveNTool seemed to be faster/easier.

Well, in Wattman I set:
    Max Frenquency: 2901Mhz
    Voltage: 1.150v
    Memory: 2150Mhz Fast Timing
    Power Limit: 15%

This gives me 7~9% higher FPS in Shadow of the Tomb Raider (game I choosed to run benchmarks) and passes TimeSpy/FireStrike Stress, but increases power consumption from 203 to 230. Maybe just an undervolt is better for (2560x1080 144hz).

PS. Undervolting to seems to have no effect since power consumption is the same with 1.2 and 1.15 or 1.1

6700XT.png

Last edited: May 15, 2022
  6. Ryu5uzaku

Ryu5uzaku Ancient Guru

GPU:
    6800 XT
    If you have power limit at 0 it will have an effect. But with 15% not so much

7. SpajdrEX

SpajdrEX Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Gainward RTX 4070
    The only way to do it is to download MPT (MorePowerTool) and try to extend VRAM value to something higher. Although I'm not sure how much AMD restricted values for VRAM clocks, you need to try it.

8. Strange Times

Strange Times Master Guru

GPU:
    RX 6600 XT
    Oh i still can set timings on locked card

9. Thiago Diniz

Thiago Diniz Member

GPU:
    6700 XT Red Devil
    Changing power limit to 0 still gives me the full power consumption of 203W.
    HWiNFO reads 1.108v Max Core Voltage, so I think that's why changing 1.2v to 1.15~1.1v has no effect.

10. Ryu5uzaku

Ryu5uzaku Ancient Guru

GPU:
    6800 XT
    Well that does make sense lol.

Thiago Diniz likes this.

11. OnnA

OnnA Ancient Guru

GPU:
    TiTan RTX Ampere UV
  12. Undying

Undying Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX RX6800XT 16GB
    Already seeing some miners panic selling their cards. Thinking of swapping my 2080super for one of these...

[​IMG]

Deleted member 282649 likes this.
  13. Undying

Undying Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX RX6800XT 16GB
    Flashing 6900XT with 6950XT bios?

14. JerseyDevil24

JerseyDevil24 Active Member

GPU:
    msi rx 6600
    I have msi rx 6600 with power limit 0 % + , gpu 54 degrees 2670 mhz, watt 100 max, has someone can tests after modifying the bios? 120 watt and power limit of 20% efficiency increment will be greater? in the adrenaline drivers gpu limit mhz 2900 mem 1900 mhz but it does not go in games in this mode ?

15. The_Amazing_X

The_Amazing_X Master Guru

GPU:
    Red Devil V64
    Dont mod the bios, just use MPT.

JerseyDevil24 likes this.
  16. I didn't watch that video, but it was pretty cool being able to flash different VBIOS to unlock GPUs in the past. I took a RX 480, flashed it to a 580 and used it in an eGPU set-up for a bit. That, along with CPU core unlocking were fun gambles to be able to do for better performance.

Nowadays stuff is just as-is and boring.

17. The_Amazing_X

GPU:
    Red Devil V64
  18. Rabit

Rabit Member

GPU:
    GPRO X080 *RX 6700
    Any Idea when Red Bios Edit start support Rx 6500XT or alternative solution.
    I want push memory beyond 2400MHz, this gpu scaling nicely with ram OC ;)

19. The_Amazing_X

GPU:
    Red Devil V64
    Just use MPT and raise the voltage there.