NVIDIA GeForce 512.95 WHQL driver download & Discussion

Discussion in 'Videocards - NVIDIA GeForce Drivers Section' started by valorex, May 24, 2022.

1. -Tj-

-Tj- Ancient Guru

GPU:
    3080TI iChill Black
    I found these ok , using them since release, much better then any 512 so far. At least in Destiny2. xD

Eviltoaster likes this.
  2. Mineria

Mineria Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus RTX 3080 Ti
    Already got low noise low spinning fans and can't really use an USB HUB, doesn't work to well with my studio equipment, else I would have gone that route already.
    60FPS doesn't really bother me as long as fps and input latency is rock stable, if I go 100 fps I would want that to be without dips too, but since I tend to enable every graphic setting that makes a game look better that often is a no go in some of the titles I play.
    Not quite sure how it looks like a slideshow, 60-100 fps looks the same for my old eyes, not really playing anything competitive enough for it to matter anyway and would probably want even higher fps if I did.
    My previous card was a 2080S, only upgraded because it simply couldn't deliver.

3. LocoDiceGR

LocoDiceGR Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte 3060 Ti
    Game mode on w10, on or off?

4. Undying

Undying Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX RX6800XT 16GB
    Off.

5. Mineria

Mineria Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus RTX 3080 Ti
    And you are running it with Dx12?
    Seen a few people writing about issues with TD2 in the past too, never experienced any issue with the game running under Dx12 myself.

Look at my reply above.
    Could you be more specific around that long term issue, since as said, I never ran into any issue with that game?
    So it must be related to something very specific for the computers where the game stops responding, which leads me to believe that there could be a workaround.
    Does that make sense?

LocoDiceGR likes this.
  6. Sabbath

Sabbath Maha Guru

GPU:
    RTX 2080 Super
    Hi LocoDiceGR.

I use to have the same problem with that game, now I play it every day for a few hours even in directX 12. (1) there is a file in The Division 2 directory called tobii_gameintegration_x64.dll first make a back up off it then delete it (2)
    Open Task Manager by right-clicking on the Taskbar and then under the Details tab, find Easy Anti Cheat.
    Right-click on it choose Set affinity and pick CPU one. I did this a week go not one problem try it what do you have to lose. See you on the battlefield.
    Nvidia Driver 511.79

yours truly Agent Sabbath410

For the people that don't believe you no who you are. https://www.compsmag.com/blog/fix-d...sktop-in-windows-10-issue/#9--easy-anti-cheat

Last edited: Jun 4, 2022
    LocoDiceGR and DoneIn60Seconds like this.
  7. Astyanax

Astyanax Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1080ti
    This is how race conditions work.

No client side work around does any thing. at all. ignore anyone that suggests you to do this or that because they are victims of confirmation bias.

No deletion of files, clearing of caches, affinity, administration or settings do anything to counteract the occurrences of this race condition.

Last edited: Jun 4, 2022
    LocoDiceGR likes this.
  8. OnnA

OnnA Ancient Guru

GPU:
    TiTan RTX Ampere UV
    Im using this Tweak of mine (can revert if needed fast).
    Make cfg. reg then merge.

Windows Registry Editor Version 5.00

[HKEY_CURRENT_USER\System\GameConfigStore]
    "GameDVR_Enabled"=dword:00000000
    "GameDVR_FSEBehaviorMode"=dword:00000002
    "GameDVR_FSEBehavior"=dword:00000002
    "GameDVR_HonorUserFSEBehaviorMode"=dword:00000001
    "GameDVR_DXGIHonorFSEWindowsCompatible"=dword:00000001
    "GameDVR_EFSEFeatureFlags"=dword:00000000

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Policies\Microsoft\Windows\GameDVR]
    "AllowGameDVR"=dword:00000000

9. LocoDiceGR

LocoDiceGR Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte 3060 Ti
    What are those tweaks do though?

10. mbk1969

mbk1969 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GF RTX 4070
    Allegedly disables Full Screen Optimization (for real) when user checks related checkbox in exe-file properties dialog.

LocoDiceGR likes this.

11. OnnA

OnnA Ancient Guru

GPU:
    TiTan RTX Ampere UV
    In another words: True Full Screen :p (like in the good old days).

12. mbk1969

mbk1969 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GF RTX 4070
    I test games with the audio volume: change audio volume while in game (multimedia buttons on keyboard) and if you see the volume strip over the game window then I do not bother with disabling Full Screen Optimizations for such game because it does not work in Exclusive Full Screen.
    I could be wrong, though.

13. XantaX

XantaX Master Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4070 TI 12G
    Sniper Elite 5 runs outstanding with this driver

OnnA likes this.
  14. Mineria

Mineria Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus RTX 3080 Ti
    Still odd that I can run the game for hours without that race condition crashing my game.

15. TheDigitalJedi

TheDigitalJedi Ancient Guru

GPU:
    2X ASUS TUF 4090 OC
    Still testing titles. Every game is running very well thus far. If the Dolby Atmos can be perfected this driver would be tops!

OnnA likes this.

16. vf

vf Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ATi Radeon™
    Did you clear out the Shader Cache for Division 2 under My Documents/Games?

Explain then why that fixed the graphical corruption for me and others that encountered it and other glitches with the game?

17. Mineria

Mineria Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus RTX 3080 Ti
    What about Dolby Atmos?
    I'm using the Dolby Access app via a soundcard where it works fine, guess you mean when using the cards audio via HDMI/DP?

TheDigitalJedi likes this.
  18. Astyanax

Astyanax Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1080ti
    Visual corruption has F all to do with the long term crashing,

You needed to clear shaders because of a bug that nvidia introduced in 471 and fixed by 496.49, that only affected D3D11.

Last edited: Jun 5, 2022
  19. TheDigitalJedi

TheDigitalJedi Ancient Guru

GPU:
    2X ASUS TUF 4090 OC
    Yes I've tried using an HDMI/DP dongle but that didn't work out well. I went back to my original configuration below.

As of late when I select Dolby Atmos, my sound drops completely or an intermittent audio drop/skip. I'm using the Dolby Access App also. No matter which setup I use my Dolby Atmos audio drops and skips. If I fire up a news article that has a video, sometimes the sound is very distorted. It sounds like a person trying to get a radio signal in the 1930's or 40's. This started happening this year only on my PC. Stereo, 5.1 and 7.1 are fine. When I select Dolby Atmos for Home Theater, the problems begin.

My first setup is the Maya Zeskit HDMI 2.1 cable going from my 3090 to the HDMI 1 port of my LGC1. I'm using the LGSN9YG Soundbar with LG SPK8 rear satellite speakers for a 7.1.2 audio experience. The Maya Zeskit HDMI 2.1 cable is connected from the Soundbar's HDMI EARC out to the EARC in port of my LGC1.

I use the Onkyo TX-RZ50 with my second setup and unfortunately still experience an audio drop from time to time. This only happens on PC. When everything works it sounds amazing but every now and then I have audio woes.

My problems may not be an Nvidia issue but it only happens on my PC. Any suggestion will be deeply appreciated.

20. Mineria

Mineria Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus RTX 3080 Ti
    Using EARC and setting it to default is the right thing todo. CEC enabled as well?
    Think with the PC app the TV should also be set to pass trough?

If you tried all that already the issue comes from either Nvidia'a audio driver or the Windows audio stack.
    First one should be easy to test by rolling back to an audio driver that did work without the issue, you can switch audio driver via device manager instead of using the installer, probably need to uninstall it first though.
    I would probably download and extract the old driver, disconnect from the internet, uninstall the old driver, reboot, install the new driver and then another reboot before reconnecting to the web.
    Might also want to block Windows from "updating" the driver, can be done via group policy and the audio devices hardware ID's (yes, you need to enter all listed Hardware ID's that you can see for the device under Details).

Path to the policy:
    Local Computer Policy - Computer Configuration - Administrative Templates - System - Device Installation - Device Installation Restrictions - Prevent installation of devices that match any of these device ID's

If you enable the top one "Allow Administrators to override..." you should also be able to install drivers manually afterwards.

Last edited: Jun 5, 2022
    TheDigitalJedi likes this.