NVIDIA GeForce 512.95 WHQL driver download & Discussion

Discussion in 'Videocards - NVIDIA GeForce Drivers Section' started by valorex, May 24, 2022.

1. Terepin

Terepin Guest

GPU:
    ASUS RTX 4070 Ti
    Since when is 30 FPS considered nice?

Eripsa, SerjRozov, sertopico and 4 others like this.
  2. Mineria

Mineria Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus RTX 3080 Ti
    Checked an older review where 2 out of 8 games dropped that low, 1 of those was CP2077 which should perform better now than it did back then, 3rth game was around 40 fps while the other 5 managed 60-100+ fps at those 4K with RT and no DLSS.

TheDigitalJedi and PapaJohn like this.
  3. Benik3

Benik3 Master Guru

GPU:
    Aorus E. RTX2080Ti
    Yeah, but it's on graphic card which cost twice of what is a normal price of a whole computer...

4. Terepin

Terepin Guest

GPU:
    ASUS RTX 4070 Ti
    Who in the hell buys a 2000 dollar worth GPU just to play in 40 FPS? Or even 60 for that matter? Also, I checked benchmarks. In SotTR at 4k it gives 104.4 FPS in average without ray tracing. In HZD it gives 98.5 FPS without ray tracing. In Control it gives 119 average FPS with ray tracing... but in 1440p. So yeah, I call your "100 FPS with ray tracing at 4k" statement bullshit.

Last edited: Jun 2, 2022

5. Rogerbee

Rogerbee Member Guru

GPU:
    RTX2060 6gb
    Gone up from Win 10 20 H2 to 21 H2 now.

What nobody told me was that all the 'new' features were already in 20 H2 and all that doing a feature update to 21 H2 via Windows Update did was to turn the new features on. Now it's all done, I'll now wait and see what happens with this driver in this 'new' build of Windows 10.

6. Mineria

Mineria Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus RTX 3080 Ti
    You better check some more reviews that consider only RT without DLSS then, some of the titles that get up there are DOOM Eternal, F1 2021 and Resident Evil Villagem, in the review I looked into, there are probably other games.
    Anyway, why even getting back to it with that much aggression over that some may have different preferences that you don't understand?

AuerX, SmokingPistol, chispy and 3 others like this.
  7. TheDigitalJedi

TheDigitalJedi Ancient Guru

GPU:
    2X ASUS TUF 4090 OC
    Why be so hostile to one of the most helpful forum members?

Raytracing is implemented different ways in many games. Some games have very high framerates with Raytracing and without DLSS. This can depend on the game engine and level of hardware. Some of my titles run 60 - 100fps with Raytracing at 4k. Dirt 5 easily comes to mind. I have action games like Xuan Yuan 7 Sword that make use of Raytracing while having insane framerates.

AuerX, SmokingPistol, chispy and 2 others like this.
  8. rab3072

rab3072 Member Guru

GPU:
    EVGA RTX 3080 ULTRA
    Anybody had a quick black screen issue? Very rare but on Apex a few days ago and now Diablo Immortal - it goes black for like 1 second then comes back. Only twice since installing but a bit strange...

9. cucaulay malkin

cucaulay malkin Ancient Guru

GPU:
    AD102/Navi21
    that's native 4k
    no dlss or fsr
    [​IMG]

10. Terepin

Terepin Guest

GPU:
    ASUS RTX 4070 Ti
    Why? Because making blanket statement "there is no need for DLSS for all games at 4k" is a lie. And I hate lies.

11. Blackfyre

Blackfyre Maha Guru

GPU:
    RTX 3090
    Calm down there.

Some people might find it acceptable to play at 60FPS or below 60FPS if they have VRR (GSync / Freesync) setups, or even without a VRR screen.

So, it's not a lie. If the person using it is enjoying the experience. Who are you to tell them what to enjoy or not enjoy? The Hertz Police? :p

I personally use DLSS (and love it), but I don't have a 3090, I have a 2070 Super and I game at 4K on a 43" screen that's 60Hz, and some games dip below that. And I would I prefer my screen over any 144Hz+ 27" screen.

Archvile82, Smough, AuerX and 2 others like this.
  12. Rogerbee

Rogerbee Member Guru

GPU:
    RTX2060 6gb
    Hmm, 21 H2 seems better somehow, everything seems more responsive. That said, I never have all the gaming fripperies turned on and there actually seems to be beggar all 'new; features in this build of 10 so maybe there's an illusion of newness created by cleaning out caches and the like. Who knows.

What has anyone else to say about 21 H2?

13. Mineria

Mineria Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus RTX 3080 Ti
    Excuse me, but I did not make that blanket statement.
    I also think that MMXMMX meant that he doesn't need it, I can see that the nice fps portion of that statement could be misleading for some users, considered that there are titles that drop down to extremely low fps.
    But honestly, who buys a card just biased on a forum statement?
    Also, if some think that below 60 fps is nice, since when is that your problem?
    Didn't see you be all over the 30 fps post, yes, there are even some that want to run games at steady 30 fps.
    The only thing I did confirm was that there are games that manager higher fps with RT enabled and DLSS disabled.

Personally I'm still on 1440p, I most often do use DLSS with RT and I do mainly play at steady 60fps on a 240Hz screen, because I can not stand the sound of high spinning fans even with a fully water-cooled setup.
    So I did go for an RTX model that had enough headroom allowing me to do just that.
    I'm sorry if that hurts your fee

Last edited: Jun 6, 2022
  14. dezo

dezo Member Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4090
    @Mineria: Sorry for off-topic here, but you really play at 60FPS with that HW and screen? Only because of fan noise? That seems pretty bizzare to me. Consider moving the case to another room and have zero fan noise right away. I am using such config for over 10 years now and don't even remember what fan noise is, LOL. It only needs a few longer, better quality cables and an USB hub. Or instead of capping FPS, reduce power limit on your GPU with Afterburner, that will reduce your temps by a good margin at a minor performance cost. With your HW you will be able to push over 100FPS in almost anything anyway (if you don't go overboard with RT).

I am just curious because after a few years with 144Hz VRR screen I can't stand anything under 100FPS, so going back to 60 seems like a slideshow to me - like 30FPS on a 60Hz screen before that. Just horrible experience when one get used to better FPS...

15. venturi

venturi Master Guru

GPU:
    2x 4090 FE RTX
    just an opinion, DLSS has its place and can make sense, however for some of us it reduces the visuals to gain FPS. For some of us buying an expensive high end monitor, high end cards, - is an effort for the improved visuals. Going 4k rather than 1080 or 1440 is a desire for the visuals. Not just more inches of monitor. DLSS dulls the detail for me. With that said, there is a validity to expecting 4k without DLSS and max eye candy and RT. The fact that the best of the best can't deliver 60 or even 120 fps consistently with those settings is why the "dissatisfaction" in where we are. It is possible to get 120+ with RT, 4k, no DLSS, max visuals and be above 120kz on average (some titles are the anchor in getting an average, ie Cyberpunk).

With that said, gone are the days where nvidia gives a significant bump (+5%) in performance just from a driver update. My expectation from drivers has become more about visuals and stability. My actual expectation is a drop in performance in older titles, with some marginal improvement on latest games.

Last edited: Jun 3, 2022

16. venturi

venturi Master Guru

GPU:
    2x 4090 FE RTX
    This driver and all drivers since 496, have given more visual artifacts and issues than the driver before (up to 473) for me. This driver is no exception. The polygon issue exist (still) under the same conditions (multiple tickets in) on a reproducible error that others have reported as well. The hdmi 2.1 and DP 1.4 dsc issues are still there as well. Honestly I stopped posting errors and details because it seems that nvidia can't/won't fix it because its tied probably to the ms store/appx/ and some sort of agreement. It is annoying (extremely) when it happens and I have to remind myself it s not the monitor or the card but fubar driver implementation. This issue is still not resolved. I no longer have the luxury of reverting to the standard 472 series.

disclaimer - I'm actually using the 512.96 driver, so I may have to go the 512.95, I had assumed they were the same drivers and one was just marked studio driver.

DP 1.4 - long screen blank (1-4 sec) switching between, starting, stopping into a game or 3d app. Sometime long enough that monitors briefly go to sleep mode than suddenly come back into game or app. Switching to HDMI 2.1, the blank is reduced and relatively faster, but if monitor goes to sleep the HDMI 2.1 wont wake it back up again.

Problem occurred prior on the other 3090s, switching to 472 standard solved both issues. with 3090 ti I can't switch to a prior version so I don't haver a solution to the Dp 1.4 and hdmi 2.1 issues. the blanking issue started with 496

additional info, Iif I use a lower refresh rate, standard DP 1.2 the problem goes away, but in order to get 120hz , 10bit, it has to be DP 1.4 and hdmi 2.1

Last edited: Jun 3, 2022
  17. loracle

loracle Master Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1660 super
    This is a bad driver, just revert to 512.77, some here are speaking about useless features instead, I wouldn't be surprised if nvidia paid them to divert the conversation from these problems, there are even some on the official site, those idiots.

18. mbk1969

mbk1969 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GF RTX 4070
    I would sign up for NVIDIA payment (since there is no harm in diverting conversations on forums). Gurus with such agreement PM me contacts, please.

big ROBOT bill likes this.
  19. LocoDiceGR

LocoDiceGR Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte 3060 Ti
    Back again, The Division 2 suddenly stops respoding, and its very random - only happens on that game.

Yesterday formatted my system (for another reason) - I will test again soon and report back.

20. Astyanax

Astyanax Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1080ti
    its a long term game specific issue that has not ben rectified by the game developer, there is no way to fix it with drivers (its a spec violation)

They modify a resource while trying to use it or unload it entirely,

Trying to alter or execute a command queue relying on dynamically loaded resources are supposed to be signalled to ensure they are actually available and ready for use - with d3d12 the expected behavior is a device reset because the scenario counts as a kernel page fault.

Last edited: Jun 4, 2022
    venturi and LocoDiceGR like this.