Rumor: NVIDIA likely launches GeForce RTX 4090 first then later RTX 4080/70

Discussion in 'Frontpage news' started by Hilbert Hagedoorn, May 31, 2022.

1. SameOldx2

SameOldx2 Master Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4070
    Doesn't make sense to me since these chips are probably binned. They release the top line card first when there are going to be more chips for the other cards ?

2. Undying

Undying Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX RX6800XT 16GB
    It goes both ways. I wish Intel disnt frack up the Arc launch so much.

3. mackintosh

mackintosh Maha Guru

GPU:
    Yeah, my friend got an Aorus Waterforce 2080Ti for 2650zł within days of the 3080 coming out.

4. H83

H83 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX Black 6950XT
    Just one month apart between each GPU? That´s nothing, no problem in waiting one or two months to get the 4080 or the 4070.

Prices are going to be the most important aspect of the 4000 series.

tunejunky, PrMinisterGR and Maddness like this.

5. tsunami231

tsunami231 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 1070Ti Black
    I also heard rumor you can actual buy card cause there i actual i stock and at msrp.

Joke aside, when do we expect these new card and do we expect them msrp? or more of the same out stock and scalped. would like new card but i not play this prices nor am i really interested in a gpu that is over 200 watts under load. like not cooking in my room or not have to have air conditioner on.

tunejunky likes this.
  6. Neo Cyrus

Neo Cyrus Ancient Guru

GPU:
    黃仁勳 stole my 4090
    That's the plan, I'll just play old/low requirement games for the next 2 procreating years if I have to. We all know AMD is going to jack off for a while then just match nVidia's dumb prices with a vapour launch, and Intel so far have shown no promise of anything, so I have no hope for competition.

7. PrMinisterGR

PrMinisterGR Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Inno3D RTX 3090
    Since this time AMD and Nvidia will be on the same node, I think a lot of people will realize that Ampere was actually more energy efficient than RDNA 2.0.

8. Venix

Venix Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Rtx 4070 super
    The ampere one that's on tsmc 7nm does the same mh/s with the 3090on almost half the power .... It does cost a lot more than the 3090 though :p so it should be a common knowledge really.

9. abula

abula Master Guru

GPU:
    Asus RTX4090 Strix
    There will always be cards for everybody, Nvidia will very likely scale down their GPUs to have something for everybody.

My prediction are
    4090 - $2500
    4080 - $1500
    4070 - $1000
    4060ti - $750
    4060 - $500
    4050ti - $350
    4050 - $275

10. The Goose

The Goose Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI Rtx3080 SuprimX
    Im not sure i want to wait until October either...only to find the 4070 delayed or over priced for my budget, a nice new 3080 10gig would suit me better atm performance boost wise and psu limit wise, the 3080 10gig will work in my sff lian li mini snow white rig with my 750 Corsair sfx but a 12gig 3080 will be over the power budget, even just the 10gig 3080 will give me the extra fps to go 4k ultra in the aging division 2 over my current Msi 3070 gaming xtrio.

11. gQx

gQx Active Member

GPU:
    2060/6144
    then someone asks "Are there enough decent AAA games gonna release for a 4090?" Gaming industry is all about remakes, copy-paste games for every year, hundred of dlcs, lootboxes and demos(early access) that going to take years to get full for sale now.

tunejunky and cucaulay malkin like this.
  12. NGGJimmy

NGGJimmy Member

GPU:
    Sapphire RX570Pulse
    I'm sensing buyers remorse. Imagine buying 4090 for whatever overpriced price nVidia sells it, only to see a 4080 released 1-2 months later, cheaper and not that slower than 4090.

Undying likes this.
  13. nizzen

nizzen Ancient Guru

GPU:
    3x3090/3060ti/2080t
    Same buyers remorse that buyers of Audi A4 has over not buying Wv Passat?

14. Supertribble

Supertribble Master Guru

GPU:
    Noctua 3070/3080 FE
    I'll never pay a grand, or more, for a GPU, it's just not my style. 1080 Ti times were very fun, large perf and a comfy, for high end, price. Something to consider is Nvidia offering these new products at a somewhat OK price for their own branded cards but do what they did with Ampere, and manufacture those in relatively small quantities then sell the remaining chips to board partners, where we get hugely inflated prices again.

15. Undying

Undying Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX RX6800XT 16GB
    Not only that but you find out 4090ti is on the way too.

tunejunky likes this.

16. PrMinisterGR

PrMinisterGR Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Inno3D RTX 3090
    Yet it is a common belief that Ampere is a horrible power hog, while it's basically a side effect of the process, not the design itself. All things considered, RDNA 2.0 seems hotter.

Venix likes this.
  17. H83

H83 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX Black 6950XT
    Those prices are insane!

I hope you`re wrong but i wouldn`t be surprised if are correct in the end...

The same can apply to almost every high end hardware purchase.

But if a person has enough money for a 4090, then i don`t think they will worry too much about it.

18. TheDeeGee

TheDeeGee Ancient Guru

GPU:
    NVIDIA RTX 4070 Ti
    It's been like this for years, later down the line more unusable GPU cores pile up that can be used for lower tier models.

19. TheDeeGee

TheDeeGee Ancient Guru

GPU:
    NVIDIA RTX 4070 Ti
    Then that's their personal problem.

If you buy a product, you buy it because you badly wanted it.

And people should know by now updated models will be released down the line. Either learn to have patience or suck it up and don't complain.

tunejunky likes this.
  20. tunejunky

tunejunky Ancient Guru

GPU:
    7900xtx/7900xt

there's a difference here.
    the truth is (now that both at at the same process node) there are far less unusable cores because of the far higher yield. AMD already knew this as *there have been zero* cut-downs for RDNA 2 based on defective core counts. but Lovelace has far greater circuit density and represents a far more difficult job for the wire bundler. i DO expect Lovelace cut-downs eventually.
    again, AMD had zero cut downs and refreshed at the time cut-downs are traditionally sold (unless massively low yield then sooner).
    as for RDNA 3 - the top models (with one in the wings for 4090) are MCM designs which are far more advanced than any on the market, so there will be ZERO cut-downs for RDNA 3.

the interesting thing is whether AMD is or isn't take advantage of the far lower cost of (MCM) manufacture and the astronomical increase in yield to lower price.
    AMD is almost at the point of not caring what Nvidia puts out because an MCM can scale performance based on the socket and chiplet count. they can easily go with an Epyc (sized) socket on a gpu while Nvidia is constrained.