AMD Radeon Software Adrenalin 22.5.2 driver download and discussion

Discussion in 'Videocards - AMD Radeon Drivers Section' started by inplayruns, May 24, 2022.

1. The Creator

The Creator Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Hellhound 7900XT
    And what's the difference when it's on and off? Any significant benefits?

2. Undying

Undying Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX RX6800XT 16GB
    Honestly its on by default and isnt making any issues so i didnt test with it disabled.

3. Rambo

Rambo Master Guru

GPU:
    RX 7800 XT
    It works on one of my RX 5500 XTs.
    [​IMG]

4. illusiveman

illusiveman Master Guru

GPU:
    XFX 6700XT Ultra
    Did you manually enable it in the registry or does it finally appear in the windows settings-gaming-graphics settings menu ?

5. Rambo

Rambo Master Guru

GPU:
    RX 7800 XT
    The switch didn't appear. I have added an entry to the registry but I'm not sure if this was that thing that made HAGS on. I tried to do the same on my second RX 5500 XT but GPU-z still shows "off (supported)"

6. illusiveman

illusiveman Master Guru

GPU:
    XFX 6700XT Ultra
    Strange...same windows version and drivers on both cards ? Or maybe it also depends on the CPU+motherboard... Anyway I think that if HAGS had an actual benefit for AMD cards they would have released in 2020 alongside nvidia. 2 years later still not released for everyone means that it doesn't really matter IMHO.

7. Anyone test this 22.5.2 driver with VR? I had issues with the previous May preview driver (haven't tried this one yet), and there's mixed reports from others with Oculus and Reverb G2 (Reddit, Oculus forums, MSFS forums). There's no known issues related to VR on the release notes.

DanielRX likes this.
  8. AsiJu

AsiJu Ancient Guru

GPU:
    KFA2 4070Ti EXG.v2
    I am getting constant ctd's in doom eternal but that game did crash with older drivers too.

Got one gray screen hard freeze while using Edge but hasn't happened since.

9. Rambo

Rambo Master Guru

GPU:
    RX 7800 XT
    I don't know. I have two PCs: R5 5600X + X570 Gaming Plus + RX 5500 XT 8 GB Gigabyte and R5 2600X + B450 Tomahawk Max + RX 5500 XT 4 GB Gigabyte. They are running on the newest drivers and Windows 11 (25126). HAGS works only on the first one.

illusiveman likes this.
  10. passenger

passenger Master Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire RX580 8GB
    Any change in 22.5.2 whql today?

11. OldMX

OldMX Member

GPU:
    PNY GTX 1660
    Yes, they just released them
    upload_2022-5-31_19-32-35.png

12. elrazor

elrazor Master Guru

GPU:
    AorusMaster 3080
    Release Date
    31/5/2022 (22.5.2 WHQL Revisited)

Highlights

• Support For
      • Sniper Elite 5™
      • Hitman 3™ Ray Tracing Update
      • Additional Vulkan® extensions. Click here for more information.
    • Radeon™ Super Resolution
      • Additional support – RSR is now compatible with AMD Ryzen™ 6000 series processors with integrated graphics.
      • New “Sharpen Effect” slider that allows you to fine-tune the sharpness effect of RSR to your own desired settings.
    • AMD Privacy View
      • A unique software powered by cutting-edge, eye tracking technology built in partnership with the team at Eyeware – monitors your eye movement and reveals only the spot on the screen you are looking at while dimming the rest, keeping prying eyes away from your screen and your information safer. To learn more, check out our blog post HERE.
    • DirectX® 11 optimizations for Radeon™ RX 6000 series
      • Up to 8% increase in performance in DirectX® 11-based games, using AMD Software: Adrenalin Edition 22.5.2 on the Radeon RX 6950 XT, versus the previous software driver version 22.5.1 RS-470
    • AMD Smart Access Memory optimizations for Death Stranding™ and Watch Dogs™: Legion
      • Up to 10% increase in performance with new SAM optimizations in Death Stranding™ @ 1440p Very High settings and up to 13% increase in performance with new SAM optimizations in Watch Dogs™: Legion, using AMD Software: Adrenalin Edition 22.5.2 on the Radeon RX 6950 XT, versus AMD Software: Adrenalin Edition 22.5.1RS-471
      • Up to 12% increase in performance with new SAM optimizations in Death Stranding™ @ 1440p Very High settings and up to 24% increase in performance with new SAM optimizations in Watch Dogs™: Legion, using AMD Software: Adrenalin Editiosn 22.5.2 on the Radeon RX 6750 XT, versus AMD Software: Adrenalin Edition 22.5.1RS-472
      • Up to 6% increase in performance with new SAM optimizations in Death Stranding™ @ 1440p Very High settings and up to 6% increase in performance with new SAM optimizations in Watch Dogs™: Legion, using AMD Software: Adrenalin Edition 22.5.2 on the Radeon RX 6650 XT, versus AMD Software: Adrenalin Edition 22.5.1RS-473
    Known Issues
    • Performance drop may be experienced while playing Fortnite™ with Multithreaded Rendering and DirectX® 11 API on some AMD Graphics Products such as the Radeon® RX 6900 XT Graphics.
    • Stuttering may be experienced while playing Call of Duty®: Warzone™ on the Caldera map with some AMD Graphics Products such as the Radeon® RX 6900 XT Graphics.
    • Higher than expected CPU usage when Instant Replay is enabled on some AMD Graphics Products such as the Radeon® RX 6900 XT Graphics.
    • GPU utilization may be stuck at 100% in Radeon performance metrics after closing games on some AMD Graphics Products such as Radeon™ 570.
    • Display may flicker black during video playback plus gameplay on some AMD Graphics Products such as the Radeon™ RX 6700 XT.
    • Using Radeon™ Super Resolution on 2560x1600 resolution displays may produce a system hang. A temporary workaround is to set the display Scaling Mode to Full Panel.
    • Enhanced Sync may cause a black screen to occur when enabled on some games and system configurations. Any users who may be experiencing issues with Enhanced Sync enabled should disable it as a temporary workaround.
    • Radeon performance metrics and logging features may intermittently report extremely high and incorrect memory clock values.
    Important Notes
    • AMD Software Capture and Stream features and Overlay support for Clone mode and Eyefinity display configurations will be introduced at a later date.
    • Radeon™ Super Resolution is compatible with AMD Ryzen™ 6000 series processors with integrated graphics that do not have a discrete solution.

https://www.amd.com/en/support/graphics/amd-radeon-rx-6000-series/amd-radeon-rx-6900-series/amd-radeon-rx-6950-xt

13. JonasBeckman

JonasBeckman Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX 7900XTX M'310
    Probably just the signature, still optional though but I guess AMD updates that quarterly or something and not once they revise a driver with the complete WHQL certification stuff.

elrazor and Undying like this.
  14. Strange Times

Strange Times Master Guru

GPU:
    RX 6600 XT
    whql with broken sensors on polaris? lul

Undying, DanielRX and Direfield like this.
  15. Krteq

Krteq Maha Guru

GPU:
    MSI RTX 3080 WC
    elrazor and illusiveman like this.

16. AsiJu

AsiJu Ancient Guru

GPU:
    KFA2 4070Ti EXG.v2
    Just got another gray screen hard freeze with Edge, never happened with older drivers.

@SpajdrEX possible bug

EDIT: just as I was about to post Edge build number Edge updated itself.
    I'll see if the issue still persists.

EDIT: yep, third crash.
    Microsoft EdgeVersion 102.0.1245.30 (Official build) (64-bit)

Last edited: Jun 1, 2022
  17. SpajdrEX

SpajdrEX Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Gainward RTX 4070
    @AsiJu that's under latest Windows 10 version?

18. AsiJu

AsiJu Ancient Guru

GPU:
    KFA2 4070Ti EXG.v2
    Yep, forgot the build number but latest official / non-insider

19. Astyanax

Astyanax Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1080ti
    are you using defaults or did you switch compositor to vulkan?

20. Antivirus2k

Antivirus2k Guest

GPU:
    3060Ti 8Gb
    Getting massive frame drops and stutters in Overwatch since I picked up 22.5.2 on my 6600.