NVIDIA GeForce 512.95 WHQL driver download & Discussion

Discussion in 'Videocards - NVIDIA GeForce Drivers Section' started by valorex, May 24, 2022.

1. Astyanax

Astyanax Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1080ti
    the driver is the kmd, umd and all supporting libraries. lets not argue well established semantics here.

XantaX likes this.
  2. venturi

venturi Master Guru

GPU:
    2x 4090 FE RTX

The issue is part of the DCH problems where it needs the ms store and appx ruining. This is a pain for those of us that do not have those features installed. The solution is relatively simple and has been posted here before. in the driver install file (after you unpack it with 7z or winrar) igo n the driver folder and then in the the control panel folder -there is a file of about 8MB with an appx extension. Unzip it with 7z and rename the new folder "Control Panel Client". After installing the driver, copy the control panel folder to C / Program Files /Nvidia Corporation /

now you have the control panel.

I leave the nv container service set to manual (off) and I make my changes uses the Inspector utility. However if you use the control panel you will need to turn the service on.

3. ReaperXL2

ReaperXL2 Member Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 2080ti Hybrid
    Dude! out of curiosity, how are you effecting changes via Inspector if NVContainer service is not running? I have been informed that without this service any changes via inspector fail to apply :eek: Have I misunderstood something somewhere? :confused:

4. dr_rus

dr_rus Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4090
    KMD and UMD is several dozens of MBs, yes. "Supporting libraries" is a very vague thing into which you can include anything which the driver is interfacing with which makes such definition of a "driver" rather pointless.

Baldassano likes this.

5. BlindBison

BlindBison Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 3070
    Does anyone know, has Nvidia changed their DLDSR implementation in the driver since its release? In particular I'm wondering if they altered how their smoothness slider works in conjunction with DLDSR since its inception.

I remember originally 33% looked ridiculously eye bleedingly oversharpened with DLDSR (Digital Foundry's video seemed to confirm this -- there was speculation on some forums I saw where people thought with DLDSR the smoothness value worked like a reversed sharpening slider so 33% would be equivalent to 67% control panel sharpening for example).

Digital Foundry's images indicated around 50-60% smoothness was close-ish to the native resolve iirc (without in-game anti-aliasing that is, on the raw image), but in the drivers since then -- I dunno maybe it's just my own placebo perception or that I've been playing different games with heavier anti-aliasing, but it seems like the resolve has gotten less oversharpened at lower values.

I wanted to ask since it could simply be that I've been playing games with heavy TAA recently and thus they can handle or require a bit more sharpening to look suitably "native", I have not heard that they changed this at all anywhere after all.

6. Mineria

Mineria Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus RTX 3080 Ti
    First a correction, NVCPL does not need the MS Store, has been so since around 490.xx.

NVCPL always required NVContainer, regardless if the driver was DCH or Standard, so I guess you disabled it for the old drivers too?

7. flow

flow Maha Guru

GPU:
    Asus TUF RTX3080 oc
    So I did a fresh install from within the driver.exe, this worked fine before and allows for a quick driver testing without the ddu safemode hassle.
    It gave me a blackscreen with blinking mouse cursor, after a minute or so it returned to desktop and wanted me to reboot to finish the install. I did so, and after back at desktop got the message it failed to install de graphics driver. some grumbles and screenflashes later it completed the install by showing me the nvidia cpl. Seems to be fine after all, but this is a first to me. will test some to see if it completed ok, or requires a ddu workover.

8. alanm

alanm Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4080
  9. Mapson

Mapson Member Guru

GPU:
    RTX 2060 Super 8GB
    Objective benchmark analysis of drivers from 442.59 to 512.95 using custom spreadsheet I originally created to objectively analyse raw benchmark data (see NOTE in footer).

Raw benchmark data on the left is from historical and recent posts by LokkenJP over on Reddit (1070ti GPU, i7 4790K CPU, Windows 10). As with all data, results are system dependent and can be used as a general guide only.

Summary columns to the right objectively highlight the highest performing driver for a given category (FPS, frametimes AVG 1% 0.1%) in the games tested. Each driver is given a point / score based on how many times it is selected as the highest performing for a given game and category (see NOTE in footer).

[​IMG]

NOTE: Spreadsheet 'summary' columns on the right automatically select the highest performing driver for each game in each of the 4 categories ( FPS, frametimes AVG 1% 0.1% ). If a category result 'matches' across multiple drivers the higher driver number in the result is selected e.g. if 442.49 and 512.59 have matching FPS results then 512.59 is selected in the 'summary' list. FPS figure is the MEDIAN from the 3 raw benchmark data points.

Soren01, Eripsa and OnnA like this.
  10. loracle

loracle Master Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1660 super
    D'ONT INSTALL THIS DRIVER !!! i got a blue/yellow screen; nearly killing my gpu, wtf are you doing Nvidia :mad::cool::mad:

11. stryfe2010

stryfe2010 Master Guru

GPU:
    Zotac RTX 3060 12GB
    Driver working fine here

big ROBOT bill likes this.
  12. Dan Longman

Dan Longman Master Guru

GPU:
    4080 FE
    driver has been working great for me. No issues.

big ROBOT bill likes this.
  13. cricket bones

cricket bones Master Guru

GPU:
    EVGA RTX 3080 FTW
    Yes, as we all know, the colour of your screen indicates the level of gpu death from software. Usually better known as the d3rp system, or utter nonsense.

Smough, Astug, Undying and 4 others like this.
  14. m4gg0t

m4gg0t Member Guru

GPU:
    RTX 3080 Laptop
    I want to update drivers, but every single 512.XX driver before this has given me flickering and stuttering in games.

15. loracle

loracle Master Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1660 super
    I got blue/yellow strips on screen it has nothing to do with tv screen, i got some glitches in games first then screen become as i described, never had such a thing with any driver before.

16. cricket bones

cricket bones Master Guru

GPU:
    EVGA RTX 3080 FTW
    Get a new card and usher yourself into the modern age like a space monkey.

17. venturi

venturi Master Guru

GPU:
    2x 4090 FE RTX
    ‘yes sir, I disabled (manual) setting and have |two custom shortcuts to start/stop if I need it

the container service is not needed to make changes in inspector

18. alanm

alanm Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4080
    Why do you think whatever you experience with a driver install must happen to everyone else? There are countless variables within different HW/SW configurations amongst millions of users that can produce an occasional glitch that others might not experience.

Smough and big ROBOT bill like this.
  19. XantaX

XantaX Master Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4070 TI 12G
    I have always a NVCP with all drivers and never stopped, other ppl have sometimes the same problem as You i was thinking about it and i can figure it out what cause this problem, if you don't play the new supported games or fixes , for now stay on the 512.15 driver, maybe it's the anti virus software you use try to disable it while installing this driver,i wish you luck :)

20. XantaX

XantaX Master Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4070 TI 12G
    Your right about NVCP when i install a new driver and disable internet connection the NVCP pops up ,this is a misunderstood issue that NVCP comes from MS drivers higher then 490.xx :)