Samsung Electronics Showcases New Era of Micro LED Technology

Discussion in 'Frontpage news' started by Hilbert Hagedoorn, May 11, 2022.

1. Hilbert Hagedoorn

Hilbert Hagedoorn Don Vito Corleone Staff Member

GPU:
    AMD | NVIDIA
  2. Loobyluggs

Loobyluggs Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 3060 12GB
  3. TheDeeGee

TheDeeGee Ancient Guru

GPU:
    NVIDIA RTX 4070 Ti
    Perhaps 20 years from now affordable.

4. DarkQuark

DarkQuark Member Guru

GPU:
    AMD 5700 XT
    I would love to see some "It's actually in stock" or "it's priced reasonably" technology.

carnivore and schmidtbag like this.

5. Undying

Undying Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX RX6800XT 16GB
    You know how they say when the monitor is big enough? When an ingame character is big as you in real life is probably where you should stop. :D

mohiuddin likes this.
  6. fantaskarsef

fantaskarsef Ancient Guru

GPU:
    4090@H2O
    Love how all the pictures of possible use case scenarios are practically what you never have in real life:
    a very high room that's almost as high as it is narrow, particularly since it's supposed to show top floor, or close to (and it's designed to have a good view which you'd enjoy more than the TV program, also the couch is aligned with the view off the terrace, not the TV on the wall above the "fireplace")
    an expansive bag store that looks like it has more store floor space than it needs, yet has a second floor (so that they can put a TV there! and don't worry, floor space is not expensive at all)
    a corner office in a skyscraper (mid to high level executive?) who has a huge ass screen in his room, so everybody can see and check, what he's doing... instead of putting that thing into a conference room and leaving the privacy of a screen to the exec

only the parfume shop seems to make sense for me in how the shop's laid out and used in terms of floor space and wall space, in every other room I'd instantly know it's fake and I'm in the Matrix / Construct. Lousy job.

So, who photoshops those bad imagines with no idea on how to actually build a room or store, let alone how such a display would make most sense and impress the most...

Oh and yeah, the TV / screen itself, probably one of those that they'll be putting into starships when they build them like in Star Trek

7. geogan

geogan Maha Guru

GPU:
    4080 Gaming OC
    The pictures give you an EXACT idea of who they are marketing this thing to...

- A Manhatten penthouse apartment, where the apartment alone costs $20 million dollars or more... and most likely filled with another half million worth of fittings.
    - A very expensive Gucci type store in premium shopping areas of city where the rents are 20K per month and prices of items in shop must absorb this rent.
    - A Wall Street banker office (notice the Bull on table) who earns 500K per year minimum.

This product is priced thus - if you have to ask price, you can't afford it!

Not a product for common Joe or middle class workers.

8. JamesSneed

JamesSneed Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1070
    It likely will get cheap in smaller sized screens. Would make a best of breed monitor.

9. fry178

fry178 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Aorus 2080S WB
    dont care as long as they still have any type of edge on the panels, as they annoy the heck out of me.
    would rather spend 500k on an imax home theater

10. TheDeeGee

TheDeeGee Ancient Guru

GPU:
    NVIDIA RTX 4070 Ti
    Doubt we'll see them in 27 Inch monitors, they don't even make OLEDs that size.

11. fry178

fry178 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Aorus 2080S WB
    @TheDeeGee
    lol, yes.
    you can get professional oled screens between 20 and 32/35 in for years...

12. Loobyluggs

Loobyluggs Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 3060 12GB
    You have no idea how much your figures are off by.

-A Manhattan Penthouse? Try $169m and there is no way you can spend that much on prostitutes, maybe over the course of a year.
    -20K per month to rent in a city where there is a Gucci store??? c'mon man, there are Gucci stores in Birmingham where rent and prostitutes can be had for much much much less than $20k
    -"An experienced Hedge Fund Manager with 10-19 years of experience earns an average total compensation of $200,000 based on 12 salaries. In their late career (20 years and higher), employees earn an average total compensation of $325,000" So, even if you do not include prostitutes, you are still not going to get $500K

The people who live in New York are typically and commonly not from those places and do not even have a job :)

btw - NY is smelly, dirty, extremely noisy, full of homeless people; with crime, drugs and hypodermic needles and literal 'crap' from humans on the streets.

It is barely a 'nice place to visit' let alone, being a 'nice place to live'.

Just because there are apartments valued at $169m there, does not make it nice.

Boston is nicer, I can fully recommend Boston...even Logan international airport is nicer than Central Park.

13. TheDeeGee

TheDeeGee Ancient Guru

GPU:
    NVIDIA RTX 4070 Ti
    Ye, for banging price of 3500 bucks.

14. fry178

fry178 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Aorus 2080S WB
    price is a different story, lol

15. TheDeeGee

TheDeeGee Ancient Guru

GPU:
    NVIDIA RTX 4070 Ti
    I mean, i happily pay 1000 bucks for the EIZO CS2730. And i probably will within 2 years, cuz everything else on the market is just garbage when it comes to IPS. Terrible Uniformity, IPS Glow, RGB nonsense etc etc.

I don't need a 300 Hz monitor either as i plan to stick with 60 FPS. What i need is a beautiful image, and EIZO is the way to go... i got experience as i own a CX240.

16. Mufflore

Mufflore Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Aorus 3090 Xtreme
    I sort of get what you are trying to say.
    If you are stood next to the display and the character fills the full height, that would be true.
    But when sitting a distance away and/or characters dont fill the screen, maybe larger is nicer.

fry178 likes this.
  17. JamesSneed

JamesSneed Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1070
    Will have to see. OLED's have a problem making smaller screen sizes as they have to cut them from the same big substrate. I'm not sure that will be the same issue.

18. geogan

geogan Maha Guru

GPU:
    4080 Gaming OC
    Oh yes I'm sure my numbers are way off... was just examples... the penthouse price was just from prices I remember seeing them selling them a few years ago on TV show... I know a lot of variation in prices... but no way less than 20m. Yes it probably is a shithole to live in.

I didn't mention prostitutes - don't know why you keep mentioning them.

Rents in some streets in my country are crazy for big stores on premium shopping streets.

Hedge fund, Wall Street yes - huge stupid money in salaries.

Point is all these are targets for this crazy priced WALL system.

Yes i would prefer a 10,000 lumen cinema projector for cheaper.

19. Loobyluggs

Loobyluggs Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 3060 12GB
    You've never been to NY :)