Intel Arc desktop graphics cards from Intel are further delayed (could be September at the earliest)

Discussion in 'Frontpage news' started by Hilbert Hagedoorn, May 11, 2022.

1. Hilbert Hagedoorn

Hilbert Hagedoorn Don Vito Corleone Staff Member

GPU:
    AMD | NVIDIA
  2. Undying

Undying Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX RX6800XT 16GB
  3. Moonbogg

Moonbogg Master Guru

GPU:
    GTX1080Ti@2.1GHz
    We got a, number one victory royale yeah me and Intel Arc about to get down!

4. Serega_Mih

Serega_Mih Member

GPU:
    GainwardGTX1660S
    Who will need them in SEPTEMBER? :D Nvidia will introduce new cards, and Intel will be outdated by 3 years)

5. Ivrogne

Ivrogne Master Guru

GPU:
    a GPU
    images (39).jpeg

Undying likes this.
  6. 0blivious

0blivious Ancient Guru

GPU:
    7800 XT / 5700 XT
    The top-dollar pricing already made these Intel cards less appealing to me. It's still going to be nice to have a 3rd player and more GPUs on the market. I'd possibly be interested in the lower end stuff but for cards costing $400+, I'd just assume stick with the 2 brands that have solid video card credibility, at this point.

7. The Reeferman

The Reeferman Member Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1080 Ti
    Starting to loose trust in Intel's GPUs.

8. Stormyandcold

Stormyandcold Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX3080ti Founders
    They've got to release them in decent quantities and with better drivers to even stand a chance. They are already at least a year behind schedule. They need to throw resources at the driver team to get the work done, otherwise the appeal will be limited.

Right now, it smells like a Kyro 2 situation...

9. Gomez Addams

Gomez Addams Master Guru

GPU:
    RTX 3090
    I never had any. Their previous release was so horrendous I am a complete skeptic about all their GPUs. It's fairly obvious to me they are still in learning mode and this might wind up being a throw-away generation for them.

10. KissSh0t

KissSh0t Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ASUS 3060 OC 12GB
    I kind of wonder if intel is really just waiting for ethereum to stop being minable is that a word on video cards.

11. anticupidon

anticupidon Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Polaris/Vega/Navi
    We all have that friend who calls and asks everyone to go to the club, promising a nice venue and a wonderful night. And cancel other plans with other people green or red, because 'tonight is the night" that happens once in a blue moon.:cool:

When everyone is gathered in front the house, the friend asks everyone to wait, because of reasons: can't find that particular outfit, can't find shoes, have to feed the pet and so on, until everyone starts booing and loose interest.

Sarcasm aside, this ARC GPUs have the most probability of being a sacrifice, throwaway generation.

12. David3k

David3k Member Guru

GPU:
    Graphics Processing Unit
    Ah Raja, up to your old tricks again?

I think it's "mine-able".

13. LEEc337

LEEc337 Member Guru

GPU:
    Team Green 960
    They should of hired some software developers when they grabbed all the hardware technicians to start the arc gpus why wasn't a driver being developed along with the gpus, the size of intel and they can't fix this

I had high hopes from what's been leaked but with time drawing closer to nvidia/AMDs next gen release these will be woefully underpowered to compete with low/mid tier and would need a price to match to make it appealing

14. AsiJu

AsiJu Ancient Guru

GPU:
    KFA2 4070Ti EXG.v2
    Also worth noting I don't think a single photo of an engineering sample PCB or card has leaked, as is par the course nearing product launches.

Just renders of "what it could be like". Makes you suspect there are more issues than is being let on.

I'm starting to think Intel went in over their heads, expecting they just snatch up a few people from NV and AMD and call it a day.
    Whereas said companies have spent decades in the business.

Ofc I hope I'm proven wrong as a third competitive GPU maker would be a good thing but this definitely is starting to look like a Lost Arc.
    A mythical item that no one knows if it even exists.

And yeah Intel is now looking to compete with their rivals last gen offerings which is hardly optimal.
    Actually second to last gen if the performance leak about the flagship is true (about RTX 2070 performance).

Last edited: May 11, 2022
  15. Undying

Undying Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX RX6800XT 16GB
    Idk if Intel can afford this to be throw away generation. That first impression is very important. Gamers seeing how its delayed over and over, having drivers issues and then performance being subpar will have a negative effect on their future products.

16. AsiJu

AsiJu Ancient Guru

GPU:
    KFA2 4070Ti EXG.v2
    Also what does this even mean:

“During our evaluation of this feature, we decided to go a step further and implement a system to allow users to control collections of our driver-based optimizations, including memory management options, constant folding, and others. We will collect related toggles into groups to allow end-user customization,” says Pearce.

sooo.... your driver has features that the user can toggle? Whoa, revolutionary!

Jokes aside why does she first talk about a staggered release schedule and then start talking about some driver optimization toggles?

17. Silva

Silva Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus Dual RX580 O4G
    By September they'll cancel the project.

18. Kaarme

Kaarme Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Nvidia 4070 FE
    I believe I already said it in another thread, but for Intel, presently, the gaming GPUs would be the secondary priority. The first priority would be getting the data center compute accelerators working. They have already made those billion dollars supercomputer deals with the US government and possibly others. They need to deliver. Their best people are probably working on that side.

Or at least I hope it's like this, for the sake of better competition in the gaming GPU market. The other choice is incompetence and arrogance. Those aren't exactly alien qualities for Intel, but it would be better if they were a thing of the past.

AsiJu likes this.
  19. anticupidon

anticupidon Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Polaris/Vega/Navi
    @Silva Wouldn't even surprise me that much.

20. H83

H83 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX Black 6950XT
    Intel had just one (simple) mission and they already failed...

I guess Nvidia and AMD can continue to raise prices without any concern...

Dimitrios1983 likes this.