AMD Radeon RX 6950 XT, RX 6750 XT, and RX 6650 XT 3DMark Scores leak

Discussion in 'Frontpage news' started by Hilbert Hagedoorn, May 5, 2022.

1. cucaulay malkin

cucaulay malkin Ancient Guru

GPU:
    AD102/Navi21
    Its better than 35

2. rl66

rl66 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire RX 6700 XT
    Yes, it's the same way when we were talking about electric cars 10 years ago with friends, they were bad despite at the edge of the tech...
    Now they are nice and almost desirable.
    Despite being the fastest gaming GPU they can't do RT at an acceptable fps with an acceptable rendering.
    One day GPU maker will be able to do so, but right now they can't: those GPU are the 1,5 step ahead that will lead there.

3. cucaulay malkin

GPU:
    AD102/Navi21
    even the 6950xt ?

4. Undying

Undying Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX RX6800XT 16GB
    Isnt like 2080ti? Lacking dlss makes it even worse.

From latest Chernobylite benchmark with ultra rt
    2080ti=6900xt
    2080super=6800/xt

5. cucaulay malkin

GPU:
    AD102/Navi21
    rt in chernobylite looks damn good.

6. Undying

Undying Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX RX6800XT 16GB
    It runs like crap tho.

rl66 likes this.
  7. cucaulay malkin

GPU:
    AD102/Navi21

dlssb + rt high runs over 60fps on 3060ti
    df recommend medium rt since it already has all the effects

it will run fine.

8. Undying

Undying Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX RX6800XT 16GB
    Its dropping below 60fps even at those settings.
    I was talking about ultra rt where 3060ti gets 46fps and you can imagine 1% lows.

9. rl66

rl66 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire RX 6700 XT
    In RT they are below RTX 3090 Ti so not even this one.
    But in general 4K rendering they are above and cost 1000 Euro less... On high end i would get AMD for this reason.

10. cucaulay malkin

GPU:
    AD102/Navi21
    upload_2022-5-8_9-8-54.png
    https://videocardz.com/newz/officia...50xt-is-4-faster-than-rx-6900xt#disqus_thread
    3080 12G = 6950XT (+3000eur)
    no dlss
    rt performance is on another level

btw I wonder what resolution and fps you're running on that 6700xt if you find 100fps in 4K dlssq mode unacceptable.

Last edited: May 8, 2022

11. rl66

rl66 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire RX 6700 XT
    DLSSQ is a cancer of good looking rendering
    In here the RX 6900 XT is already less expensive than the RTX 3080 and the RX 6950 XT is announced just a bit more expensive than the RTX 3080...

About the 6700 XT it is only to play some casual game and mainly to play and edit video in 4K (because i take more time for myself (race cars, trekking in desert...) , so i don't need no more dual xeon + quadro/tesla at home... i let that for the long teeth of the company lol).
    And about ray tracing exept if you have seen some ,that are sadly not in real time, you can't have an idea of where the real time will go in a few gen.

Right now, as an exemple, you can have some non-RT mod of Cyperpunk 2077, that look better and run faster than original one with RT (of course both with original texture), or Minecraft with overuse of RT that look made of glass...

tunejunky likes this.
  12. tunejunky

tunejunky Ancient Guru

GPU:
    7900xtx/7900xt
    1) i have owned every generation of Nvidia gpus and for AMD i've owned every generation since Vega 64

2) RT is no big deal to me or the games i play. i've had it (and dlss) from the beginning.

3) RT is most admired by first person shooter fans and in a lot of the other games in which it should have promise its never been implemented.

4) the first few years it was just a marketing exercise until more game devs utilized it. dlss even more so.
    a far greater difference (if you have the monitor) is HDR - which you need to have to get the most out of RT anyways. HDR looks better on everything (as long as you have the monitor).

so we have gotten to the point where the cart is in front of the horse and people are arguing about the cart instead of moving the horse.

rl66 likes this.
  13. TimmyP

TimmyP Guest

GPU:
    RTX 3070
    ^ I honestly think youre full of sh*t, come across as very insecure, and you compensate by trying lord on people when you really dont provide anything substantial, ever.

Krizby likes this.
  14. AuerX

AuerX Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Militech Apogee
    My experience has been the opposite, both RT and DLSS has made all the diff to me as far as immersion and visual enjoyment in general.

I know what I like at this point. And my next GPU will have to be able to deliver a good RT experience or I wont be interested.

15. Undying

Undying Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX RX6800XT 16GB
    Dying Light 2 and Control great with rt substantial difference maybe Metro Exodus but Deathloop not so much. Thats the games i tried.

Honestly i could play them without it and enjoy just as much. I think the dlss is a game changer and i was surprised even though i knew its nvidia ace.

16. Krizby

Krizby Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus RTX 4090 TUF
    1. Doesn't look like you own RTX3000

2. RT and DLSS at the begining were very different to now

3. RT works wonder for third person RPG, top down shooter (Dying Light 2, The Ascent, etc...) because SSRTGI and SSR usually fall apart when you can move the camera angle.

4. HDR is a quick way to melt your eyes off, I have LG OLED CX and HDR make little to no difference in games.

Last edited: May 9, 2022
    rl66 likes this.
  17. rl66

rl66 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire RX 6700 XT
    yep, HDR doesn't work on rendering RT.

18. cucaulay malkin

GPU:
    AD102/Navi21
    and besides,what does rt have to do with hdr
    they've literally nothing to do with each other
    you can have a tn sdr panel and still see the difference in global illumination,ao,shadows and reflections.
    still trying to make any sense of that post.
    rt for fps fans ? why ? that's absolutely false too.
    just because you underline a statement doesn't make it more sensible.
    I've seen few posters who are so confused,but none acting so confidently.
    no idea what that point for rt and hdr/fps was.

frankly,most of the things you write on this site,look like marketing and damage control for amd.
    like when amd n31 specs were leaked to be a little cut down,you just claimed you're "under embargo" but amd are confident that they have what it takes to take on ad102. well of course they think that,but do they know what ad102 offers really ? and if not, they can just "add more chiplets". no they can't,same as nvidia can't just add more cores when ad102 flops.

you scorned me when I said raptor lake will fit z690 and support ddr4 (as was reported),since you have some "insider knowledge".
    can't wait to see if this is all turns out true.

I am going to have a good laugh if it doesn't.

19. Michael Lang

Michael Lang Active Member

GPU:
    Suprim Liquid x4090

Ultra RT and DLSS on Balance was a stutter mess on my system. Everything on Ultra and turn down RT to High and DLSS on Auto and it smooth as butter at around 90 fps on my setup at 5120x1440 with a 3090ti/12900KS combo.

cucaulay malkin likes this.
  20. cryohellinc

cryohellinc Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RX 6750XT/ MAC M1
    Imo RT is trash at this stage. Too expensive for what it offers. More of a gimmick. 2022 version of 3dfx effect suite.
    It will be years before this tech (or something similar) will become mainstream - only then it will become solid addition across the board.

MonstroMart, Embra and Horus-Anhur like this.