Radeon RX 6950XT to cost $1099, RX 6750XT $549, RX 6650XT $399

Discussion in 'Frontpage news' started by Hilbert Hagedoorn, May 6, 2022.

1. KissSh0t

KissSh0t Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ASUS 3060 OC 12GB
    I have made peace with the reality that my RX 470 is going to be used for the next... 4 more years I guess...

When a lower tier less powerful video card that is basically the same age as your own video card is still being sold and is currently more expensive in the year 2022 than your own video card at release......... it really does make you wonder what the heck is going on.

Keitosha, olymind1, 0blivious and 3 others like this.
  2. Horus-Anhur

Horus-Anhur Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RX 6800 XT
    Pure greed, at the expense of consumers.

Keitosha, olymind1, 0blivious and 3 others like this.
  3. H83

H83 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX Black 6950XT
    Yes the prices are a rip-off but they are not going to get any lower as long as "consumers", whatever they are, continue to buy every single card available...

Right now, the only thing i want is for my 1080Ti to keep on going strong for the foresseble future...

lmimmfn, Fediuld and Silva like this.
  4. reix2x

reix2x Master Guru

GPU:
    HIS 4870 1GB
    well, i guess i will be a retrogamer until the end of times

5. tunejunky

tunejunky Ancient Guru

GPU:
    7900xtx/7900xt
    i'm not surprised at the knee jerk responses but many of you know better.

this is a refresh with added value.

and while (if you have a good card already) RDNA3 is worth the wait, you still have to deal with the realities of manufacturing post covid and the stampede to buy next gen.
    if you don't have any supply of the 6900/6800/6700 now - you aren't going to get any more (unused) as it is EOL.

stop comparing prices to before the pandemic - everything has changed and it's not greed.
    it is increased cost down the line, most especially the small vendors to the AIB's.

roughly 60% of any gpu comes from the small vendors who supply AIB's and AMD/Nvidia.
    these companies do not have hundreds of millions in profit. many were forced out of business.
    i know i work for one of them (still in business).

modern gpus use far more expensive components - period.
    as a case in point, the company i work for is in Santa Clara county (same as AMD/Nvidia/Intel).
    unlike Intel & company we manufacture here so the workplace is covered by Santa Clara county health guidelines where we had to stop all production for almost a year.

now go and try to tell me that doesn't raise costs, because it raised ours and AMD/Nvidia had no choice but to pay. and i'm at only one of the dozens of companies that supply the market.

Fediuld, Maddness, Celcius and 3 others like this.
  6. TimmyP

TimmyP Guest

GPU:
    RTX 3070
    I see a little greed here, especially given AMDs lacking in robust hardware features.

Fediuld likes this.
  7. Undying

Undying Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX RX6800XT 16GB
  8. cucaulay malkin

cucaulay malkin Ancient Guru

GPU:
    AD102/Navi21
    550 for 6750 lol that's almost 6800 msrp

Tunejunky is quick to praise them for the blistering fast reaction to prices normalizing,well done,AMD and NVIDIA need more customers like that.

AMD is raising prices cause they need your money,as he brilliantly explained what we dont all understand

Last edited: May 6, 2022
  9. TimmyP

TimmyP Guest

GPU:
    RTX 3070
  10. Alessio1989

Alessio1989 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    still waiting by real retailers in EU to sell new 6700 XTs below 600 €

Silva and cucaulay malkin like this.

11. Alessio1989

Alessio1989 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    we should mass world wide bully cryptominers. and after 5 years of bullying we should do a mass Nuremberg process against them, with electric chairs, black jack and hookers.

Keitosha and Cave Waverider like this.
  12. Undying

Undying Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX RX6800XT 16GB
    Yes but you lacking others. You are limited already by 8gb vram on your 3070 i know becouse i am too on 2080super.

13. Krizby

Krizby Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus RTX 4090 TUF
    3070 is PCIe gen4 while 2080S is PCIe gen3, make a bit of difference when streaming assets.

14. Undying

Undying Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX RX6800XT 16GB
    It does not change the fact its still 8gb. Deathloop will give the same warning on both cards.

15. Kaarme

Kaarme Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Nvidia 4070 FE
    Maybe the pandemic has been so long that you don't anymore quite remember that the current gen was released when the pandemic was already an old thing, late 2020. Still in January 2021, when 3060 Ti was released, the price was only moderately above the MSRP. However, by February they had disappeared, every single one of them, and you wouldn't see new stock before the late summer. Because they were all shipped into mining lairs, straight from the factory. When they came back, the price had more or less doubled. The price still isn't at the January '21 level. The prices jumped mainly because of incomprehensibly crypto miner demand. The pandemic played a role, but a minor one.

What I'm complaining about is this artificial price increase due to the mining demand. The graphics card factory prices have been rising for years, especially since RTX 2000 series. I'm not sure anyone should be surprised about that, with inflation and everything, and due to the reasons you already stated. However, the current high prices are artificial, thanks to the crypto mining scheme.

Cave Waverider and mohiuddin like this.

16. Krizby

Krizby Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus RTX 4090 TUF
    You mean like this?
    performance-3840-2160.png

cucaulay malkin likes this.
  17. Undying

Undying Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX RX6800XT 16GB
    Fps does not show the whole picture. I've already seen some texture popin. I bet there is none with 12gb cards.

18. Krizby

Krizby Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus RTX 4090 TUF
    Texture pop-in is related to LOD, try setting negative mipmap bias in NVinspector.

So according to AMD, 6950X is faster than 6900XT by 4% (but 6900XT is faster than 3090 by 7% at 4K in cherry picked games :rolleyes:). If we use TPU or HUB data that would put 6950X slightly below 3080Ti at 4K

69.png

Last edited: May 6, 2022
    Undying likes this.
  19. TimmyP

TimmyP Guest

GPU:
    RTX 3070
    I personally have never been limited. Even Doom Eternal forcing 4k ultra nightmare settings (*DLSS performance is must).

Resource usage is changing, becoming more spread out. In the first Matrix demo with TSR only I would get that warning in red letters about VRAM usage.

In the DLSS build it doesn't even seem\feel like its coming close to displaying that message at any point. Its a completely different experience.

*AMD has always had more VRAM like for like. Its never mattered.

20. tunejunky

tunejunky Ancient Guru

GPU:
    7900xtx/7900xt

just wow.
    i'm not saying every gpu is a good gpu or even a good buy.
    do not conflate the issues i raised