NVIDIA GeForce 512.59 WHQL driver download & Discussion

Discussion in 'Videocards - NVIDIA GeForce Drivers Section' started by valorex, Apr 26, 2022.

1. stanglx

stanglx Member

GPU:
    Galaxy GTX470
    OK thanks - I had it in regular mode! I was able to get the drive uninstalled in safemode using DDU with no issues. In other words, no flicerking in Safemode

2. stanglx

stanglx Member

GPU:
    Galaxy GTX470
    Garbage - huge fluctuations in FPS, and for what ever reason major "Pauses". I went back to 515.66 which I have zero issues except in Vanguard.

MDKpt likes this.
  3. Reddoguk

Reddoguk Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX3090 GB GamingOC
    BF2042 seems to be showing strange behaviour. FPS spikes really high then drops down to really low for no reason what so ever.

When the FPS starts going crazy the game begins to pause like it wants to crash but it recovers but that makes it feel horrible to play ATM.

No issues in other games, Lost Ark and Rocket League are the only games i've played so far and BF2042 of course.

MDKpt likes this.
  4. MDKpt

MDKpt Active Member

GPU:
    Suprim X 4090
    Yea that is also ocuring random on previous driver also, but it happened out of nothing

cheers

5. Astyanax

Astyanax Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1080ti
    Uninstall the latest windows update.

6. BlackNova92

BlackNova92 Master Guru

GPU:
    16gb
    why's that? and which one exactly?

KrueLLa likes this.
  7. ReaperXL2

ReaperXL2 Member Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 2080ti Hybrid
    @Astyanax is refering to the 2022-04 Cumulative Update for Windows 11 for x64-based Systems (KB5012643) that is interfering with safe mode boot for some gurus. I myself have it installed (beta channel build) & I had no issues whatsoever cleaning in safe mode prior to installing this driver. Up & running with 0% issues. Great driver with everything I played so far & I play a lot of different games regularly (explains why I never complete anything :eek:). Even StarCitizen 3.17 PTU is running at an astounding fps level compared to previous SC PU builds (3.16.x).

8. andy rett

andy rett Member

GPU:
    3090/16gb
    Better than 515.66 insider driver ?

9. sertopico

sertopico Maha Guru

GPU:
    Palit Gamerock 4090
    I just installed these drivers but before I used DDU in safe mode. Well I can confirm that the safe mode does not work properly, and I have indeed installed the update. The desktop flashes constantly resetting any mouse/KB input and the taskbar is empty. I managed to open DDU anyway and after many tries I could start the cleaning process. BTW, I don't understand why I got to reboot twice on Win 11 before being able to select the safe mode. On win 10 you just had to keep shift pressed before rebooting and then you got immediately access to the advanced startup options. But I'm digressing....

10. MDKpt

MDKpt Active Member

GPU:
    Suprim X 4090
    hello, i did not install that update, for what i found out its related to bf servers side alot of ppl are complaining about this issue, it started random, had hours of play and did not had the problem.

this optional updates i only install after a few days and iam seeing alot of ppl complaning so i did not install, but thanks for the advice.,

cheers

11. XantaX

XantaX Master Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4070 TI 12G
    driver 515.66 is a dragon of a driver too much bugs with gaming especially for call of duty Mw and Vanguard this driver freezes this games once in a while

[Edit]With the 512.15 and these 512.59 are rock stable on the Call of duty games

big ROBOT bill likes this.
  12. Nastya

Nastya Member Guru

GPU:
    GB 4090 Gaming OC
    aufkrawall2 likes this.
  13. aufkrawall2

aufkrawall2 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    7800 XT Hellhound
    Thanks for confirming! I also was under the impression that there was more temporal instability in RDR2 DLSS with Vulkan vs. D3D12 due to this. I thought whether I should make a comparison video demonstrating this with RDR2, but RDR2 has mostly blurry textures and its graphics options menu is kind of bugged on top, so this likely would require a terrible effort to capture something on video that the Filter Tester already shows much more clearly anyway. But also in Doom Eternal with at least lower DLSS settings like balanced or performance, I think there is more texture filtering noise than there should/would be with proper negative LOD bias quality filtering. With DLSS, that temporal instability looks a bit less like high-noise shimmering, but more like a weird "floating".

Really hope this can get a fix.

Edit: For that matter: Forcing anisotropic filtering via driver vor Vulkan API also is still not implemented.

Last edited: Apr 28, 2022
  14. LocoDiceGR

LocoDiceGR Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte 3060 Ti
    Ok i found something interested, very easy for everyone to test it.

Running Brave Browser in Hard Accel ON - the images (and the whole pages it seems) are a bit blurry?

When its OFF , images are not blurry.

Whats up with that?

Edit: Yeah, same with Chrome.

Latest Windows 10 updates / Latest Drivers / Latest Visual C++ Libraries.

15. stryfe2010

stryfe2010 Master Guru

GPU:
    Zotac RTX 3060 12GB
    No problems here with latest chrome with hardware acceleration on and images.

16. Rogerbee

Rogerbee Member Guru

GPU:
    RTX2060 6gb
    Still not biting the bullet yet. Not saying never though....

XantaX likes this.
  17. Mapson

Mapson Member Guru

GPU:
    RTX 2060 Super 8GB
    Hope this is of some interest.

Results of drivers from 442.59 to 512.59 using custom spreadsheet I originally created to objectively analyse raw benchmark data (see NOTE in footer).

My 1060 6GB is on its last legs and this time couldn't complete the benchmarks for 512.59. It will be quite a while before I can afford to buy a new GPU so spent a few hours entering raw data from historical and recent posts by LokkenJP over on Reddit (1070ti GPU, i7 4790K CPU, Windows 10) into my spreadsheet.

The spreadsheet summary columns to the right objectively highlight the best driver for a given category (FPS, frametimes AVG 1% 0.1%) in the games tested. Each driver is given a point / score based on how many times it is selected as the 'best' for a given game and category (see NOTE in footer).

[​IMG]

NOTE: Spreadsheet 'summary' columns automatically select the 'best' driver for each game in each of the 4 categories ( FPS, frametimes AVG 1% 0.1% ). If a category result 'matches' across multiple drivers the higher driver number in the result is selected e.g. if 442.49 and 512.59 have matching FPS results then 512.59 is selected in the 'summary' list. FPS figure is the MEDIAN from the 3 benchmark data points.

CK the Greek, OnnA and macle0d like this.
  18. Pocok

Pocok New Member

GPU:
    GTX 1070 8GB
    Another semi-faulty driver like last month's ? I keep delaying updating it, so I don't really mind.

19. Astyanax

Astyanax Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1080ti
    another 1 post wonder that comes in, doesn't read any of the thread then postulates that the driver is broken.

:rolleyes:

20. Termınator T-800

Termınator T-800 Member

GPU:
    RTX 3080 TI 12 GB
    The driver is fine but I still have to stay on driver 511.79 because the Shadowplay recording output resolution on the last two drives (512.59 and 512.15) is not the same as the played resolution. I'm using a 1080p 144Hz monitor, and Shadowplay records in 1080p on the last two drives, even though I'm recording 1440p/4K gameplay with DSR/DLDSR resolutions.There is no such problem with 511.79 Whql and previous drivers. The latest version of GeForce Experience has received an update for DSR/ DLDSR video recordings, but the problem is directly with the drivers, not the GFE version. Hopefully it will be fixed in the next driver.

didamangi likes this.