What's with the riots in Sweden?

Discussion in 'The Guru's Pub' started by anticupidon, Apr 17, 2022.

1. FatBoyNL

FatBoyNL Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4080 Suprim X
    This is just weak. Like I don't care about yo mama's occupation (and reputation).

2. FatBoyNL

FatBoyNL Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4080 Suprim X
    I'd like to suggest you taking a cheap TV supscription. Especially for mainstream channels (for reference).
    Asking for non-biased info on the internet is so 1997.

3. anticupidon

anticupidon Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Polaris/Vega/Navi
    It is extremely delicate to pry open some discrepancies between cultures and social behaviour nurtured by religious beliefs.
    Because of the freedom of speech and allowing everything and everyone's creed and ways of dealing with something like that.
    In good faith, some countries welcomed immigrants and wished them well by providing a social structure, schools, money and welfare.

How many actually were gratefully paying back in other ways than money, by actively engaging in volunteer work, help other in need , getting jobs and broadening horizons, and learning to accepted different views? For some, not enough, for some there is no need to do it at all.

And burning books or acting like savages rioting in the streets just shows the real issues there. Seems that the wolf just changes the fur, but not its habit.

4. anticupidon

anticupidon Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Polaris/Vega/Navi
    Same thing happens in Spain...Lots of immigrants thinking that everything is for them, work is for others , and the government HAS to continue to pay welfare.
    And yes, everyone has to accept their beliefs but they will not accept one single bit of other beliefs
    Sounds rushed, cherry picked and right wing opinion? Sorry to being openly and bluntly saying it as it is.

5. anticupidon

anticupidon Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Polaris/Vega/Navi
    Maybe so, but I remind you that in 1997 we didn't had so much biased, political agenda TV channels. I said not so much, rather not at all, we had that way back, but not with social networks support.
    It's not for the price, it is for unwillingness to spend time watching mainstream TV.

6. MyEinsamkeit

MyEinsamkeit Master Guru

GPU:
    Radeon Pro VII 16GB
    So some folks are burning the Quran, and those who are followers of Islam are upset and trying to burn the place down?
    is that accurate?

7. Dragam1337

Dragam1337 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4090 Gaming OC
    It's 1 guy burning qurans, but otherwise correct.

8. Denial

Denial Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA RTX 3080
    Yet for others, the Mexicans take all their jobs...

I think immigration is a really complicated issue but people keep boiling down to either "immigrants want free crap" or "immigrants take all our work" when in reality there are far more complex social/economic issues at play. Either way everyone better get used to it because one of the biggest challenges most academics from various fields predict for the next 50 years or so is mass human migration.

Don't know yet - police are saying some of the people arrested are from right-wing groups, some obviously muslim. There's a reason why the word "Agent Provocateur" exists - I think people need to keep that in mind with all these recent "riots".

Grimbarian likes this.
  9. anticupidon

anticupidon Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Polaris/Vega/Navi
    Here is a miss opportunity for the Muslim community and it's leaders to come upfront to discuss and clear out the confusion and the conflicts.
    And further damages can be avoided

10. anticupidon

anticupidon Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Polaris/Vega/Navi
    I can clearly understand your point, as I am an immigrant myself.
    But I come from a society of mutual respect, pay back whatever help I got and contributed fully to the society who allowed me to flourish.

Horus-Anhur likes this.

11. Denial

Denial Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA RTX 3080
    I agree, I just always see a lot of mixed talk about this.

My example with the Mexicans was a big thing here in the US, where you'd hear people simultaneously saying "Mexicans are lazy and don't want to work" and "Mexican's are taking all our jobs" -- well which is it? I worked at a construction company for several years while I was in school and tbh the Portuguese/Brazilian/Mexican people were by far the hardest working people there.. and several of them were illegally in the country.

And to me, just thinking about the logistics, i'd imagine the reality of someone who is immigrating from poorer areas like Mexico.. or in Sweden's case, Iraq/Iran are probably not going to have a lot going for them when they enter a new country. Not only is acquiring a job going to be more difficult because of language/cultural barriers but lots of these immigrants come with significantly less education and upfront money. You'll have some that break through and become successful but there is a lot that won't and it will take a generation or two of them to fully accustom and contribute.

I think people like to just look at certain situations and make blanketed statements about all of "that group" or all "immigrants" - it's extremely effective politically.. but I doubt any of them look at poor/lazy people born native to the country and go "natives don't want to work" lol.. like in the US 40% of SNAP (food stamp) recipients are white, but I don't hear anyone in the US saying white people are lazy and living off the system.

12. Dragam1337

Dragam1337 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4090 Gaming OC
    I dont think many people have issues with immigrants per say, but rather immigrants whose mindset and culture in no way matches the country they are immigrating to. Like for instance the scandinavian model to welfare is that everyone contributes to society by working - both men and women... but their culture dictactes that women stay at home... so they do, and recieve socialwelfare for many billions every year. One of the government agencies published how much western, asian and middle-eastern immigrants cost / contribute to society. Unsuprisingly, the western and asian immigrants contributed with more than they cost. The middle-eastern (aka muslim) immigrants, however, are a net loss of 31 billion per year. And this is including 2nd and 3rd generation immigrants.

https://uim.dk/nyhedsarkiv/2021/okt...e-vestlige-lande-koster-31-milliarder-kroner/

And thing is, they aren't actual immigrants either, as they would have gotten declined entry. They are alleged refugees... except for the fact that they travelled all the way through europe, when the law says that actual refugees are to be given asylum in the first safe country... which aint scandinavia when you are fleeing from middle-eastern countries. They are welfare-migrants, and that's the truth of it.

Last edited: Apr 19, 2022
    Horus-Anhur likes this.
  13. Reardan

Reardan Master Guru

GPU:
    GTX 3080
    Listen i dont have a problem with immigrants per se... Provided they act and behave like me and aren't here, you know, in my country, because they shouldn't be here because they should be in Turkey. I guess all I'm sayin is I like asian immigrants fine, and western ones, you know, from France or whatever. They're fine. It's the muslims I don't like, really.

Last edited: Apr 19, 2022
    Grimbarian likes this.
  14. cucaulay malkin

cucaulay malkin Ancient Guru

GPU:
    AD102/Navi21
    in my opinion you shouldn't feel bad about this,if they don't seem to like the place that gave them refuge in the first place.Or about not tolerating the behavior that's just not tolerable in general.

but cheap publicity stunts from a religoius lunatic aren't going to bring the sides closer.
    I guess the right thing to do is punish them within the confines of the law, burning religious books.... I feel like this Paludan person,his parents should apologize for ever trying to breed.

15. Reardan

Reardan Master Guru

GPU:
    GTX 3080
    That's cool, but just own it. Why're we talking about immigration and their technical legal status and all these other weird esoteric things no one gives a crap about when the issue is, fundamentally, they hate their culture and cultural priorities? Talk about that, don't dance around it.

16. cucaulay malkin

cucaulay malkin Ancient Guru

GPU:
    AD102/Navi21
    they do,so let's show them the side of us that will discourage them enough.
    we like to think ourselves as more civilized,sholdn't we think about introducing stricter legislation as the appropriate measure.

17. Ryu5uzaku

Ryu5uzaku Ancient Guru

GPU:
    6800 XT
    Immigration in general is cool. It's indeed when cultures do not match at all. Middle-east is not at all compatible with westernized society. And they do not want to even try at times to integrate to society.

Whilst almost any other place it's pretty much fine. And yes not all Muslims and not all middle-eastern countries either nor African. But it's still there.

It makes everything harder. But then again usually it's not the "proper" immigrants that are an issue. It's refugees or the living standard refugees, like when you get refugees that are mostly men from countries that are not even in war something is a miss (that is how it was here in Finland during refugee crisis... Supposedly should've gotten people from Syria but nope they were the minority at that point)...

18. DannyD

DannyD Ancient Guru

GPU:
    evga 2060
    I used to go with a Swede, country house with horses kinda deal, vry Patriotic (they share stories of shooting down ***** planes even tho they were never officially in ww2.
    Patriotic but not arrogant, they're vry good people, i imagine they're being totally walked over and have had enough,
    their Danish and espacially Norwegian neighbors wouldn't stand for any of it.

19. Dragam1337

Dragam1337 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4090 Gaming OC
    Exactly... tons of young men from middle-eastern and african countries that are allegedly refugees, but are in reality just welfare-migrants, causing all sorts of the issues in northern europe...

Solfaur likes this.
  20. Brasky

Brasky Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte 4070 Ti Su
    Wasn't Sweden the country where a dude was raped by a muslim/african "refugee" and then he apologized to the police for calling them on an "oppressed" person or something along those lines? Maybe it was just one of those dumb internet rumors.