AMD Software: Adrenalin Edition: 22.4.1 - Download & Discussion

Discussion in 'Videocards - AMD Radeon Drivers Section' started by rflair, Apr 5, 2022.

1. Astyanax

Astyanax Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1080ti
    performance issues with SAM/Rebar on 3xxx cpu's are known on both graphics vendors.

PhazDelta likes this.
  2. PhazDelta

PhazDelta Master Guru

GPU:
    RX6900XT Strix LC
    they are gone to fixed it ?

3. Undying

Undying Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX RX6800XT 16GB
    Same with Intel 10gen.

PhazDelta likes this.
  4. Astyanax

Astyanax Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1080ti
    wasn't aware it could even be turned on with 10th gen, thought 11th and higher were the only ones supported.

5. Undying

Undying Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX RX6800XT 16GB
    it can but just like ryzen 3000 its a mess.

6. X7007

X7007 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ZOTAC 4090 EXT AMP
    the bloody driver keeps crashing when I use my splitter to switch between TV and Projector, it never happened before. I tried 2 Windows 11 Os. installs. it didn't happen before.

7. GamerNerves

GamerNerves Master Guru

GPU:
    RX 5700 XT Nitro+
    After the last feature update it has been problematic, like always when they introduce new features. Just wait for new drivers and perhaps send them a report about your issues.

8. Agonist

Agonist Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX 7900xtx Black
    I still do not have any issues like this with Forza. 5600x, X570, 6800xt, X570, 32GB Sam. Honestly I believe PCI3, and 3600x holding you back.

9. X7007

X7007 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ZOTAC 4090 EXT AMP
    I did. with 21.3.1 works fine and before. how the hell they frack something up so terribly when it worked fine forever.. pisses me off. I am not amd QA tester

10. Digilator

Digilator Master Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire 5700XT
    How much would you lose if you switched to PCIE3?

Also, do you really have two x570 boards in one system? :cool:

I read AMD may limit Navi 33 cards to PCIE5 x8. 6900xt-level cards...limited to PCIE x8...
    Has anyone with a 6800xt-6900xt card tried running @ PCIE3 x8?

Last edited: Apr 14, 2022

11. Cryio

Cryio Master Guru

GPU:
    Nitro+ 7900 XTX
    Someone on Reddit confirmed 22.4.1 apparently fixed the driver bug with Vulkan for RDNA1 so that now God of War is playable with DXVK with no visual artefacts.

rflair, Krteq and HD64G like this.
  12. Agonist

Agonist Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX 7900xtx Black
    LOL funny mistype. I do have 2 x570 boards.
    I can limit my PCI3 if needed in bios just try it.

13. AkiraLeir

AkiraLeir Member

GPU:
    RX5500 XT
    I guess I'll revert to the latest WHQL (again), since 22.4.1 keeps crashing (or whatever is happening when I leave the PC on when I'm sleeping) and not letting Night Light work properly.

14. Exostenza

Exostenza Maha Guru

GPU:
    MSI 4090 GT
    Been running this driver on both my laptop and my buddy's (which is the same as mine - G513QY w/6800m) and it has been flawless for the both of us.

Using this driver we did a solid two day Anno 1800 LAN on these amazing laptops together without a single hitch.

Fantastic driver which I don't get to say very often for AMD!

PhazDelta likes this.
  15. mojoba

mojoba Member Guru

GPU:
    Nvidia RTX 2070 8gb
    2 issues with latest driver.
    1) AMD RSR when enabled changes refresh rate over HDMI 2.1 to 60hz. At least it does on my LG OLED C9. Disabling RSR brings back 120hz.
    2) Enabling GPU overclocking also automatically enables CPU overclocking and alters PBO limits in BIOS with 10x Scaler and plus 200hz overclock. And voids your CPU WARRANTY. It may only affect those that have already enabled PBO in BIOS. But I only had +125 and AMD changing my CPU overclock to +200 with 1.4v, making my system unstable! So please check the tuning section under performance in Radeon Software, to make sure AMD have not automatically overclocked your CPU!

I was able to rectify by disabling CPU Overclock in Radeon Software, restart, then I set up a new manual GPU overclock and then saved this profile. I believe the fault only occurs if you use an older GPU overclock profile, from a previous driver.

Last edited: Apr 19, 2022

16. Astyanax

Astyanax Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1080ti
    Polaris has an issue with 64-bi queries under Vulkan, not new to this driver - seems to be a long term issue.

17. Iain _Streeter

Iain _Streeter Guest

GPU:
    PWR C Rd DV 6900XT
    nope it affects me directly after a complete system rebuild. I also only installed the latest radeon drivers and did not touch a thing and it still set my CPU & GPU to auto overclock. this is absolute sh1te from AMD imo!

18. valentyn0

valentyn0 Member Guru

GPU:
    PowerColor 6800 XT
    I dont have this issue. And i always import the oc profile that i made at least half a year ago, so there's tha too.

Maybe you guys have other issues, conflicts with the new drivers you dont know about.

19. illusiveman

illusiveman Master Guru

GPU:
    XFX 6700XT Ultra
    They should keep the CPU overclocking separate from GPU drivers idk who though that was a good idea. I never had this happen either but this bug is in the known bug list so hopefully they will fix this in the next drivers. Hopefully this doesn't become a meme like the enhanced sync bug :)

20. AsiJu

AsiJu Ancient Guru

GPU:
    KFA2 4070Ti EXG.v2
    Far as I know it's a new bug introduced in this version and affects Ryzen 5000 series CPUs.

That said I don't get either wtf do gpu settings have to do with cpu overclocking in the first place.

Iain _Streeter, illusiveman and HD64G like this.