NVIDIA announces Restocked & Reloaded campaign - RTX 30 graphics cards are now in stock, announces

Discussion in 'Frontpage news' started by Hilbert Hagedoorn, Apr 15, 2022.

1. Kaarme

Kaarme Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Nvidia 4070 FE
    Who are you to draw the line? Just look at North America and Europe: Nobody has banned crypto, despite it being life destroying by feeding criminals and boosting the polluting coal power. Governments can't draw a line, but you sure can.

You should get out more.

TheDeeGee likes this.
  2. tunejunky

tunejunky Ancient Guru

GPU:
    7900xtx/7900xt
    ok ...

both AuerX and Kaarme are correct - it's a matter of degree

profiteering is never good but shy of a war it's not illegal. but that doesn't mean the slime of the earth get a free pass.

some of us here bit the bullet and got current gen gpu's, that doesn't make them enablers but rather victims of the mining craze.

i posted appreciation for Nvidia, which goes against the flow of disdain for "restocked and reloaded". my posting appreciation didn't make the complaints wrong, i just have a different point of view that includes manufacturing.

pegasus1 and Kaarme like this.
  3. no_1_dave

no_1_dave Master Guru

GPU:
    [​IMG]

Been in stock at RRP for a few days now.
    Still too expensive imo, but all those arguing that all stock is over RRP... You're wrong :cool:

tunejunky and AuerX like this.
  4. AuerX

AuerX Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Militech Apogee
    Youre just rambling, and didnt answer my question.
    I don't have time for your generalizations and other nonsense anymore.

5. AntiSnipe

AntiSnipe Master Guru

GPU:
    Radeon RX 6600
    So now that it's been a ~year and a half, we can now actually find a few in stock, for double to triple what they were worth when they were brand new and shiny. Even going back to GTX 1660 Super looking for something affordable, they are double+ what they should be, a clean $120 more than I paid for mine back then...and we're supposed to be celebrating this?

No Thanks. I'd sooner run a Ryzen 3/5 APU and just do without the "best performance".

6. Kaarme

Kaarme Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Nvidia 4070 FE
    I just threw it in as a way to show that it's dangerous to make judgements if you can't see the forest from the trees and are only seeing things from your own point of view, thinking it's the full picture. What really bothered me was that "its value is what it can sell for". Is this not Guru3D but Retail3D now? Scalper3D? Who here cares about that? Among the thousands of Guru3D registered members, maybe there is a shopkeeper or two, but aside from them? It seems silly to preach to us about that if we are the consumers. We value a product from our point of view, not from the shopkeeper's. I'm pretty sure that sentenced criminal Shkreli did really think the medicine was worth that astronomical price (since it was making him a fortune). Nobody else thought so, not even the US officials. So, why should we randomly see things from a shopkeeper's point of view in certain cases and from the consumer's in others? Just like you said: profiteering is wrong. Period. Businesses can and will do it, but it doesn't mean any consumer should say "this is fine".

Backstabak and tunejunky like this.
  7. AuerX

AuerX Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Militech Apogee
    A good place to keep tabs on where Ethereum is and where its heading:

https://ethereum.org/en/upgrades/merge/

It looks very likely we wont see any changes until 2023.

Has anyone noticed an increase in used mining cards on Ebay yet? At lower prices?

8. Horus-Anhur

Horus-Anhur Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RX 6800 XT
    I noticed there are many mining cards on OLX, but all at very inflated prices. Several mining rigs. Most cards, as expensive as brand new ones, in store.
    I guess miners are still hoping to sell these at a high price, as when they bought them.

Last edited: Apr 17, 2022
    tunejunky likes this.
  9. alanm

alanm Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4080
    Why would miners sell off their cards when they are still making money? When they can no longer mine is when the sell off should occur. But one thing large scale mining ops wont do is invest $ millions in new cards when RTX 4000 series are released towards end of year (and close to 'the Merge').

tunejunky likes this.
  10. alanm

alanm Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4080
    Not sure why ppl expect GPUs to be at MSRP so soon.. Until inventories sufficiently build up, higher prices have been ingrained in ppls minds for so long that businesses will try to milk as much as they can before eventually settling lower.

tunejunky likes this.

11. Undying

Undying Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX RX6800XT 16GB
    Didnt nvidia and amd ceo said there is no real improvement till end of the 2022?

tunejunky likes this.
  12. maikai

maikai Maha Guru

GPU:
    NVIDIA RTX 4070
    Zero change in inventory anywhere within 300miles of me. I also have a brand new unopened EVGA 3060ti I’m selling at msrp yet no one local wants to buy it

13. Glottiz

Glottiz Ancient Guru

GPU:
    TUF 3080 OC
    Prices are still absurd especially for entry cards. 3060 should be 300-350€, but goes for like 500-600€ right now. It will be fun to observe GPU market situation when miners start to offload their cards en masse.

14. alanm

alanm Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4080
    I think they said that last year with regard to the semiconductor industry as a whole. But Huang I believe is trying to avoid that by having bought up far more production capacity for Nvidia than before. And with large scale GPU mining likely coming to an end by end of year, things should be far different than when Ampere was released

tunejunky, Undying and GamerNerves like this.
  15. erazerswe

erazerswe Member Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte RTX 3060
    Yeah i checked some swedish prices here too on komplett.se and same here in general though for example i saw a MSI 3060 Ventus 12GB for 5299 swedish (and my Gigabyte 3060 12GB that i managed to get not so long ago was like a thousand more at the time) Yes still overpriced but at least its going in the right direction

16. Venix

Venix Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Rtx 4070 super
    Well for the majority miners are not buying cards anymore some even selling off their cards , and gamers for the most part are not buying. Look at this forum it is safe to assume here we represent the top 5% of the enthusiasts , mind you I do not mean how much we want or can afford to pay for a new card , I think the assumption that in these forums the most passionate people about PC tech are the ones that even bother to partake.... Hell we get so excited with tech that we get angry at each other for few extra fps on a darn game about Nvidia vs AMD vs intel ..... I would say over 50% if not a lot more resisted the temptation to give in and buy a new card at these prices. Now imagine .... If even us here saying no .... Miners are not buying anymore , sculpers see month to month the prices falling so they do not buy also .... And sure as hell when you say on an average user to pay 800-1200 for a card he will laugh on your face and buy a console or nothing. There is stock everywhere ... Witch means the sales are low enough they can not sell em even if the prices are over 50% lower than what they where 4 months ago ..... Still they can not sell em. And I get it last 2 years where bad so a little positivity here ! After all if we spread doomsaying we help those prices to get normalized . We are getting close to cheap decent video cards hang in there do not give in !

17. pegasus1

pegasus1 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    TUF 4090
    I never said the GPU price was 'ok', I made a statement on how business works. GPUs or medicene or whatever, value is value irrespective of the product. If you can sell some medicine for 10 times what it was previously sold for then thats good business, however morality doesn't come into it, but how you use the profit, more research, hiring more staff or increasing wages, paying more tax etc etc. Like I said people need to look at the world through something other than a PC Gamers eyes.

18. pegasus1

pegasus1 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    TUF 4090
    You are complaining about the length of a queue you have no intension of standing in :D

19. NewTRUMP Order

NewTRUMP Order Master Guru

GPU:
    rtx 3080
    It makes me giggle to see an Evga 3090 for $1679 on Newegg and that the idiots on EBAY are still trying to gouge prices for over $2000. Good luck with that. I am waiting until Nvida's new gpu's are released before I even think of pulling the trigger on a purchase.

20. mohiuddin

mohiuddin Maha Guru

GPU:
    GTX670 4gb ll RX480 8gb