NVIDIA announces Restocked & Reloaded campaign - RTX 30 graphics cards are now in stock, announces

Discussion in 'Frontpage news' started by Hilbert Hagedoorn, Apr 15, 2022.

1. Venix

Venix Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Rtx 4070 super
    I hate to admit it but Nvidia is like an abusive gf I can not get over all she has to do is to say she loves me again I will be back on crying with a big ice cream front of the tv saying I thought she changed 1 year later after my relapse :p .

mezball and tunejunky like this.
  2. umeng2002

umeng2002 Maha Guru

GPU:
    4080 Super
    I'm sure I said it in other threads or forums, but I've spent my GPU upgrade money on a few trips to Europe already. Sorry nVidia.

3. mohiuddin

mohiuddin Maha Guru

GPU:
    GTX670 4gb ll RX480 8gb
    If only all the other people could do the same.
    Spending money on better things than buying more than a year old "RESTOCKED & RELOADED " graphics cards at way over the already absurd MSRP.... we could have lived in a world where we could get a 6800xt at around 400$ and could sleep at night without watching TikTok videos :p

tunejunky likes this.
  4. Maddness

Maddness Ancient Guru

GPU:
    3080 Aorus Xtreme
    If the performance numbers line up with the rumors so far, you know both Nvidia and AMD are going to have another field day. For me 4k 120hz looks like it might actually happen this time around.

tunejunky and mohiuddin like this.

5. AuerX

AuerX Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Militech Apogee
    I think everyone who thinks we will see a flooded market and cheap next gen GPU's is in for a rude awakening come the fall.

AMD, Intel and Nvidia will sell everything they make at the price they want. I dont expect a shortage as bad as this gen either.

4090's will fly off the shelves.

tunejunky likes this.
  6. GamerNerves

GamerNerves Master Guru

GPU:
    RX 5700 XT Nitro+
    I as well expect nothing short of a miracle. I expect the new cards being priced on top of the current ones, the current ones likely being offered somewhat under their MSRP. It is not even known what models we get first, but if things remain as before then the top models are introduced first, which certainly will not push the prices of current gen models down. Intel's answer and production capacity plays a big role here, since they can really affect the pricing of the current models, if they don't go in ballsy and ask premium prices from the get go. I'd imagine they would be willing to gain some market share at first.

My previous comment in this thread was to point out what is reasonable to ask in this current economic situation. Graphics cards are luxury products, since computers work even with integrated GPUs and you can already have a console level experience on a 300 € dGPU (at MSRP, RTX 3060 should suffice). Since the times make people more interested in other things than GPUs, if Nvidia and Intel with their boosted manufacturing capacity flood the market with them, then it is reasonable to expect reasonable prices in autumn, but the demand will show how that goes, since demand has been cumulating due to miners and low production, but if the mining bubble completely bursts, then there is so much availability because of second hand units, that prices do get cheap, even if manufacturing capacity of this year is not at the level of the best past years. The timing of everything is hard to predict though, since there are variables, but in the end of the year I guess many will finally carry out their stalled GPU purchase in any case.

7. AuerX

AuerX Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Militech Apogee
    I dont see a "Mining Bubble" bursting. There are already profitable assets out there to mine besides Etherum.
    It might change a bit, and possibly even slow down some but I doubt any dramatic events will take place on the GPU mining front.
    Asic miners might call it quits tho, but I cant even say that with any confidence.

tunejunky likes this.
  8. Agent-A01

Agent-A01 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    4090 FE H20
    NVIDIA doesn't dictate what AIBs sell their cards for though

GamerNerves likes this.
  9. KissSh0t

KissSh0t Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ASUS 3060 OC 12GB
    They can reload and restock as many times as they want... until I see correctly priced video cards they will not receive my money, same for AMD... I'm literally just waiting for correctly priced video cards.

bballfreak6, Valken and H83 like this.
  10. AuerX

AuerX Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Militech Apogee

11. undorich

undorich Active Member

GPU:
    Geforce Palit 1080
    do they really expect us to buy this worn out newly packed mining junk tzhey are trying to resell for new price ? well this is what i call scam. but, they will get away with it and people will buy it. bääähhhhh

12. undorich

undorich Active Member

GPU:
    Geforce Palit 1080
    you are lucky !no more spyware

13. Moonbogg

Moonbogg Master Guru

GPU:
    GTX1080Ti@2.1GHz
    I saw someone mention Nvidia moving up the Lovelace launch. That kind of makes sense because if they launch after a gigantic GPU tsunami hits the second hand market, they might struggle to sell those EXPENSIVE 4000 series cards. I don't know about you, but if I had to choose between a $1500 RTX 4080 or a $400 RTX 3080, I'd take the 3080. I can't wait to see the outrageous prices of the next gen. I'm not buying any overpriced GPUs. If the 80 class doesn't go back down to $500 where it belongs, I'm out. The pricing should be like this:

RTX 4060 - $250
    RTX 4070 - $400
    RTX 4080 - $500
    RTX 4080Ti - $600
    RTX 4090 - $800

If that's not what it is, I don't want it. You guys can spend your money on another $1200+ GPU and enjoy yourselves. More FPS just isn't worth these recent prices to me. The nature of the product dictates the price for me, and this is just a gaming toy to render frames on a flat screen; same as it's been for decades now.

mohiuddin likes this.
  14. Kaarme

Kaarme Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Nvidia 4070 FE
    And much later in the year they will tell it will switch to proof of stake early next year (2023). Early 2023 they will tell they will switch around the summer 2023. In the summer 2023 they will tell the switch happens toward the end of 2023. Then nearing the end of 2023... And 0% of people will be surprised. When you repeat a hoax for a dozen times, even the slowest McSlow won't fall for it anymore.

15. Undying

Undying Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX RX6800XT 16GB
    There was a fair misconception gpus ware not in stock...they ware just not priced correctly. I guess this hasnt changed at all.

tunejunky likes this.

16. pegasus1

pegasus1 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    TUF 4090
    Somethings value is what you can sell it for, if you can sell all the 3080Tis for £2000 then they have a value of £2000, any recommended price is just b0ll0x. If you cant shift the same card for £1000 for whatever reason then guess what, they aint worth it, guys sometimes you need to look at these issues from different perspective, not just entitled gamers, hardware isnt the property of gamers, its that of whoever is willing to shell out whatever the value is.
    If i made football boots, i dont care if they are bought by professional players or fat dads for a Sunday morning kick about, sales are sales.

tunejunky and mohiuddin like this.
  17. Kaarme

Kaarme Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Nvidia 4070 FE
    That Shkreli fellow in the USA, he acquired the rights to a medicine previously costing a few dozen dollars and raised the price toward a thousand bucks, or something along those lines. If you can sell it for that much, then it's okay, right? That's the correct value if enough people pay that much. And don't start saying that because it's medicine, it's suddenly not okay. B0llox. Who are you to draw the line between different kinds of goods?

tunejunky, Valken and -Tj- like this.
  18. TheDeeGee

TheDeeGee Ancient Guru

GPU:
    NVIDIA RTX 4070 Ti
  19. AuerX

AuerX Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Militech Apogee
    Luxury goods are the same as life sustaining medecine now?

You need to get out more.

Venix, GoldenTiger and pegasus1 like this.
  20. H83

H83 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX Black 6950XT
    Pretty much this^^^

Until they price their GPUs at decent prices, they won`t see my money.

My consoles provide me tons of fun, so i can live without a new GPU.

Valken likes this.