RDNA2 RX6000 Series Owners Thread, Tests, Mods, BIOS & Tweaks !

Discussion in 'Videocards - AMD Radeon' started by OnnA, Oct 29, 2020.

1. mtrai

mtrai Maha Guru

GPU:
    PowerColor RD Vega
    I had to make a few more fine tuning adjustment to really push beyond 2600, not been feeling well so put it on the side burner.

Keep in mind TS also likes high cpu clock, ram throughputs, tight timings and as low latency you can achieve.

2. Ryu5uzaku

Ryu5uzaku Ancient Guru

GPU:
    6800 XT
    I've settled at 2525 for my 6800xt and for ram 2100

3. pegasus1

pegasus1 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    TUF 4090
    I have mine set game dependent to maintain 60fps or if stability is an issue.
    For example irrespective of voltages, Metro Exodus bombs out on a clock that all other games are fine with, i think i run it maxing at 2300mhz where as say RDR2 is fine with 2500mhz and DCS a bit higher.

4. Ryu5uzaku

Ryu5uzaku Ancient Guru

GPU:
    6800 XT
    Interesting. I kind of haven't played too much of Metro Exodus. Should test it out how it behaves I think.

5. The_Amazing_X

The_Amazing_X Master Guru

GPU:
    Red Devil V64
    I tried with a bit lower on the Vmin and High, 1.200 , power limit at 500 and TDC at 450. and it does 2700mhz now. Maybe I can push it more but after 2700mhz it starts to do artifacts. dont think it will push more. But hey 50c lol even at 2700mhz.

6. mtrai

mtrai Maha Guru

GPU:
    PowerColor RD Vega
    You probably have some headroom. I read nearly 500 pages on the German forums but I was using the tool before it was released to the public. Been a lot of stuff added.

You can change a lot of voltage curves and clocks. There are a few things you can lower to lower heat both on the soc, hot spot, and the vram and conversely raise with the exception of vram clock.

It is a lot of fun for me when I am up to it, but my add kicks in a lot and get distracted with my kit timings, my cpu, or bios settings so save lots of profiles.

Check new drivers base settings to make sure they match in MPT sometime new drivers will slightly change a power curve in the non primary ones.

I am on full custom loops for cooling as well. My card maxed out at 2750 with no clock stretching no matter how much power I give it.

What card do you have? The vrms matter on the pcb matter. Any TS scores to share.

The_Amazing_X likes this.
  7. Shadowxaero

Shadowxaero Guest

GPU:
    Zotac RTX 4090 Amp
    Same card and I have managed to break 23K on the GPU score.

https://www.3dmark.com/spy/23032480

With MPT and voltage unlock I can maintain 2800 constant....I just haven't felt like dialing my CPU all core OC back end to try and push for higher scores. I am a bit tempted now though, I used to be in top 5 in Timespy for my hardware config....now I have dropped all the way to 28th :(

Either way I say keep pushing, we know the VRMs can handle it and you can cool the core since you are under water haha.

8. mtrai

mtrai Maha Guru

GPU:
    PowerColor RD Vega
    Back in the day I was number one pre 5700s.

Send me a screen of your MPT features, overdrive, power and the next tab.

Pushing into 23k on TS stable is more like ram sub timing tuning.

Ps if it blackscreens just boot into safe mode and delete the MPT profile and reboot. Some of these advanced changes require a full reboot not just a driver restart using restart from cru.

Since we are vram speed hard limited there are a few things that can be adjust keeping stability and the IF can be adjusted as well. These things behave more like Ryzen CPUs depends on each core and the vram.

9. Shadowxaero

Shadowxaero Guest

GPU:
    Zotac RTX 4090 Amp
    Here you go, let me know if you want to see anything else. I don't have anything changed in MPT under the OC Limits, Frequency, and Curve tabs.

[​IMG]

Edit: My card is also water cooled.

The_Amazing_X and PhazDelta like this.
  10. The_Amazing_X

The_Amazing_X Master Guru

GPU:
    Red Devil V64
    my card is a msi 6800xt gaming x trio. Stock cooler was just bad cant recomend this card. the block is from alphacool, really good quality. this cards are just amazing when tunned, I was on a vega that was also at the limit with 1200mhz HBM.

11. Zolia

Zolia Guest

GPU:
    RX 6700XT Red Devil
    Hey Undying, I've just got my 6700 XT shipped from Germany to Belgrade. There's a organization called "UK Prevoz" which ships stuff from GER for a cost of 20e up to 5kg, you don't pay any taxes on import or anything else, just the 20e. Great way to buy hardware which either cannot be found here or is much less expensive there. Let me know if you need more info

Tomatone, Undying and Embra like this.
  12. reslore

reslore Member Guru

GPU:
    Red Devil 7800 XT
    Prices came down enough I'm finally biting the bullet. 6800 XT on the way. :D
    Edit: I'm considering keeping my Vega 64 undervolted in my setup so it can render the desktop environment + browser + video, taking the load off of the 6800 XT. A neat trick if it can be pulled off right for more performance.

Last edited: Apr 13, 2022
    The_Amazing_X, Embra and Maddness like this.
  13. Undying

Undying Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX RX6800XT 16GB
    If only you let me know sooner i found cheap 2080Super and went for it. Seller also took my old rx580. Im good until amd releases 7700xt next year and hopefuly prices will normalize so we wont have to do this. :)

14. pegasus1

pegasus1 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    TUF 4090
  15. newls1

newls1 Master Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4090
    Can someone be so kind and offer me some assistance on what settings to use on MPT to help increase performance on my Asock 6900xt Formula OC XTXH cored GPU please. Its been nearly a year since the last time i used the program with 1 of my past 6900xt cards and I see MPT has been updated and wondering what new settings I need to enable/disable and what are safe settings for this GPU.. Also GPU is FCWB'd ...... Thank you!!

16. Godhand007

Godhand007 Active Member

GPU:
    RX 6900 XT
    Search for Increase core and SOC voltage here (use google translate). Proceed at your own risk.

17. ultraex2003

ultraex2003 Master Guru

GPU:
    Amd 2x290 Cfx
    my last skor
    5800 x co -25 all cores
    16 giga patriot 3600 cas 16
    red devil 6700 xt @ 2800 /2150
    drivers 21.4.2

ghyggg.JPG vbgggg.JPG

Thiago Diniz likes this.
  18. Ryu5uzaku

Ryu5uzaku Ancient Guru

GPU:
    6800 XT
    Gotta say out of the GPUs I've owned in the past. I feel 6800xt delivers the most for the money I paid. Close second was 5870.

19. Undying

Undying Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX RX6800XT 16GB
    Funny enough that is the exact same timespy graphics score the new 6750xt got, 13,999. :D

20. Truder

Truder Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RX 6700XT Nitro+
    My Firestrike and Timespy scores

vivaldi_fv2AhQsh6x.png vivaldi_i131qbxtQR.png

I've tried to push my scores higher, the settings I used for Firestrike were unstable for Timespy, I haven't used More Power Tools.

CPU, just curve optimiser, -28 on all but one core at -25, no PBO enabled.