NVIDIA GeForce 512.15 WHQL driver download & Discussion

Discussion in 'Videocards - NVIDIA GeForce Drivers Section' started by Alberto_It, Mar 22, 2022.

1. CYP3ORG

CYP3ORG Active Member

GPU:
    ASUS STRIX RTX 2060
    I did also notice a jump in temps after installing these... (about 2-3*C, but nothing major)

I don't look at temperatures that much. Of course, as long as my card doesn't reach the toasty 83*C :eek:

2. Smokey25

Smokey25 Master Guru

GPU:
    GTX970 EVGA FTW+
    Mh i do hit 80c in certain games, and im not liking it.. Thinking about repasting my Gpu perhaps.

CYP3ORG likes this.
  3. cricket bones

cricket bones Master Guru

GPU:
    EVGA RTX 3080 FTW
    It's fine.

4. John Eisberg

John Eisberg Member

GPU:
    Palit RTX 4090 OC

5. Astyanax

Astyanax Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1080ti
    Warkratos and eGGroLLiO like this.
  6. Rogerbee

Rogerbee Member Guru

GPU:
    RTX2060 6gb
    It said it included support for the 3090, it didn't look to me like it was solely for that card. Maybe I read it wrong though.

EDIT: I did! Nothing to see here, move along!

7. Smough

Smough Master Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1660
    I just set a fan curve in MSI Afterburner and same temps across all drivers, no changes.

XantaX likes this.
  8. Smokey25

Smokey25 Master Guru

GPU:
    GTX970 EVGA FTW+
    Yeah i think it's just my GPU then. I just ordered some Thermal Grizzly Kryonaut and some Thermal pads hoping it will make a difference. Using my 970gtx since 2014,i still want it to last some time.

9. dec72

dec72 Member

GPU:
    MSI Gaming X 2070S
    Came from 496.13 all drivers until now were never satisfying on my 2070S but this finally is it, playing a multitude of new games and 3 mmo, everythings fine...

tunejunky and OnnA like this.
  10. Smokey25

Smokey25 Master Guru

GPU:
    GTX970 EVGA FTW+
    It was def an issue on my side. Repasting my GPU made a Massive difference. Idle at 30c now,before it was 40c. I was hitting 80c in games fast and now im hovering between 50 - 60c. And thats with my OC enabled again. I used Thermal Grizzly Kryonaut for it.

Last edited: Mar 31, 2022

11. Smough

Smough Master Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1660
    Dude, that's really nice. I am happy for you, I know how worrying high temps can be, enjoy your games!

tunejunky likes this.
  12. Smokey25

Smokey25 Master Guru

GPU:
    GTX970 EVGA FTW+
    Thanks man,very relieved right now. Was starting to worry my gpu might have reached its end of days. And with repasting i was hoping to maybe shave of 5c atleast, but this difference especially under stress is crazy good. I felt my games throttling down since everything hit 80c lately,and nothing felt right anymore. Everything is smooth again so yeah,very happy !:)

Smough, tunejunky and Passus like this.
  13. FR4GGL3

FR4GGL3 Master Guru

GPU:
    GB 4090 Gaming OC
    Have an eye on the kryonaut. It gets really thin and "flowy". I have had some trouble with it on my former Vega. The first few days have always been good and then it got worse. I ended up using thicker paste that had better temperatures on the long run. But it may depend on the shape of the die and the shape of the cooler. Just saying keep an eye on it.

tunejunky likes this.
  14. Smokey25

Smokey25 Master Guru

GPU:
    GTX970 EVGA FTW+
    Ah thanks for that,ill keep an eye on it. So far it seems really great though,in Destiny 2 i was also hitting 80c, now im in between 50 - 60c.

What brand would you recommend if this one starts doing the same after a while ?

Last edited: Apr 1, 2022
  15. FR4GGL3

FR4GGL3 Master Guru

GPU:
    GB 4090 Gaming OC
    As this would be offtopic (it actually is offtopic), I sent you a PM.
    Sorry for the spam @all

16. dr_rus

dr_rus Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4090
    So a minor update on this one: this driver has in fact removed DSR option from NVCP when I'm using PG32UQ only.
    BUT if I connect a second display (LG C1 OLED in this case) the DSR option appears and I can turn it on.
    And then DSR works fine on PG32UQ as well o_O

This change is a weird one as DSR has worked on my PG32UQ over DP1.4DSC without issues previously.

NIS is also available in NVCP despite Nv's support page saying that it's "unsupported" now.

Mapson and tunejunky like this.
  17. Benik3

Benik3 Master Guru

GPU:
    Aorus E. RTX2080Ti
    I used Kryonat on RX580, RX 5700 (OCed like XT) and RTX 2080 Ti without any problem even after long run. Interesting...

18. FR4GGL3

FR4GGL3 Master Guru

GPU:
    GB 4090 Gaming OC
    Last word on the paste from my side: I do not say that kryonaut doesn't work. I just had strange issues with it. It is probably just me. I just wanted to tell so that Smokey25 can have a look after it. If it doesn't happen on his machine, it is great and I know that it was just me. Maybe his Avatar triggered me - me and my lady, we have a horse too. ;)

Smokey25 likes this.
  19. rallen

rallen New Member

GPU:
    RTX 4090 ROG STRIX
    I have a PG32UQ with an ASUS ROG STRIX RTX3090 using DP1.4 as my only monitor.
    NVCP still has the option to use DSR.
    Screenshot 2022-04-01 141511-DSR.png

Last edited: Apr 1, 2022
  20. dr_rus

dr_rus Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4090
    Seem to be a Win11 only thing then.