Elden Ring

Discussion in 'Games, Gaming & Game-demos' started by WhiteLightning, Jun 8, 2019.

1. bobnewels

bobnewels Maha Guru

GPU:
    amd
    For me 200 Hrs and no bugs that I notice and no crashes to desktop which was surprising for a new game.I do not want to be that guy that says everything was great,this was just my experience.
    I also did not play 1 minute online,all offline,used mods,cheats for my whole play through.

PC used for play through
    ♦ CPU - Intel 12900k 5400Mhz all core Overclock With Enermax LIQMAX III 360 ARGB
    ♦ GPU - Nvidia RTX 3080
    ♦ RAM - G.Skill 32 GB DDR4 4000Mhz Dual Rank
    ♦ Mobo - MSI Pro z60-A (BIOS 7D25v114)
    ♦ SSD - ADATA XPG GAMMIX S70 Blade Read:7400MB/s; Write: 5500MB/s
    ♦ DSP - LG B9 65" 4K UHD HDR OLED G-Sync Over HDMI
    ♦ PSU - EVGA GQ 1000W
    ♦ CASE -Phanteks Eclispe 500A

2. BlindBison

BlindBison Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 3070
    If I had to guess I expect your Giga-beefy CPU + extremely fast memory + extremely fast SSD contributed to the game not hitching/stuttering as you were probably able to just brute force past the behavior in a way maybe most rigs can't.

That or maybe they really did improve the title's performance with regard to the stuttering via patches, I'm not sure. You're rig is a thing of beauty :) Next time I upgrade I'm investing in the beefiest CPU cooler I can afford.

Last edited: Mar 30, 2022
  3. BlindBison

BlindBison Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 3070
    No crashes for me, but lots of asset streaming and shader compilation stutter. I have a 3900X + 2080 S + 32 Gigs of 2933 MHz cl14 DD4 RAM + NVMe SSD + G-Sync.

4. bobnewels

bobnewels Maha Guru

GPU:
    amd
    No my PC ran just like everyone's else PC,just did not have any crashes to desktop.The PC I played the game on would play the same as an AMD system.
    Maybe the best PC game I ever played but it was not perfect.

BlindBison likes this.

5. Jake Nowiki

Jake Nowiki Member

GPU:
    Integrated
    Hello everyone. I could really use your help with deciding which platform to get this on. I've got a r5 5600x paired with an rtx 3070ti and a ps5 as well. Playing on a 120hz 4k oled. Which one would offer a smoother gaming experience in your opinion and what settings / resolution should I expect?

6. Valken

Valken Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Forsa 1060 3GB Temp GPU
    PC with uncapped FPS mod would probably perform and look the best ~ 60-100 FPS, but you need to play it OFFLINE because the EAC protection will not allow mods.

It will still hitch a bit when shaders are compiling when you enter new areas but less so with the current patch.

If you play on PS5, you will float between 30-50 FPS maxed out.

Or you can buy the PS4 version of the game, play it on your PS5 at a solid 60 FPS but it does not look as good as the PS5 version. Both PS5 versions do not have or have less shader hitching than PC based on PS owners feedback.

eGGroLLiO likes this.
  7. ShadowDuke

ShadowDuke Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX Radeon RX 6600
  8. Godzilla

Godzilla Member Guru

GPU:
    MSI RX 6600
    Rannala the witch is a tough fight as a pure magic caster build. Rock sling is my only hope.

9. ShadowDuke

ShadowDuke Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX Radeon RX 6600
    You think its that harder than with a melee build? Shes actually one of the easiest bosses in the whole game. Suppose to be, because you dont get a great rune to use but respec.

10. CPC_RedDawn

CPC_RedDawn Ancient Guru

GPU:
    PNY RTX4090
    they really need to look into the jumping mechanics especially on the horse. Sometimes dying from the tiniest drop and then sometimes surviving insane jumps. Its very inconsistent. Small issue really as there are so many graces to port too but it can get annoying.

11. skacikpl

skacikpl Maha Guru

GPU:
    Inno3D RTX 4090
    It's very consistent if you know how it works. It's just not designed with actual physics in mind as your velocity upon landing does not define the damage.
    All souls games judge fall damage ONLY by distance between ledge you stepped off and place you landed at.
    Also all souls games have hard cap of 20 meters being unavoidable death fall - the joke is that fall damage itself works in a range. The range itself is different for all FROM games but essentially in Elden Ring from 0-16 meters you will get absolutely NO fall damage, whilst 16-19.99 meters will start dealing damage UP TO 50% of your health or so.

This creates a perceivable gap where you feel like you had plenty health to spare as a fall "only" took half of your health but in fact you might've fallen from 19.99 meters and was hair away from death.

Nothing else matters, only raw distance between ledge and place of landing. Resetting fall with horse double jump does nothing as well.

ShadowDuke likes this.
  12. Maddness

Maddness Ancient Guru

GPU:
    3080 Aorus Xtreme
    If you think she was difficult, wait until you reach Commander Niall and his summon Knights. He's in Castle Sol. Man it took me ages to get this fight right. Felt bloody good to take him down. Opens up a whole new area of the map doing it. It's optional, but well worth it.

Godzilla likes this.
  13. CPC_RedDawn

CPC_RedDawn Ancient Guru

GPU:
    PNY RTX4090
    souls games didnt have a horse that can double jump, this double jump should cancel out the distance you dropped from. this is why its inconsistent.

14. skacikpl

skacikpl Maha Guru

GPU:
    Inno3D RTX 4090
    Logically yes, practically it doesn't.
    It's not inconsistent, it's plainly illogical.

15. Godzilla

Godzilla Member Guru

GPU:
    MSI RX 6600
    the music is epic in this, especially at the castles.

eGGroLLiO likes this.

16. wrathloki

wrathloki Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 3080
    If you’re pure magic you should seek out the Moonveil Katana. You only need like 18 Dex to wield it and it scales mainly off INT. That sword has made so many encounters way easier.

Keitosha and Godzilla like this.
  17. Netherwind

Netherwind Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GB 4090 Gaming OC
    I'm running a caster build with primarily INT and did get the Katana but didn't feel like it was any better than my Meteorite Staff and Pebble casting. On the other hand i did compare to a +0 Katana. Maybe the numbers would look different now if it was upgraded.

However I read on Wiki that two Transient hits allows for a critical hit, something I've not tested

18. wrathloki

wrathloki Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 3080
    Well for one you can’t cast magic with the Katana, you switch back and forth between that and the staff. And it is far, far better than the regular katana, even at +0. The L2+R2(or R1) attack is devastating. It’s very useful for the fights that are difficult for casters. Makes most boss fights trivial.

19. Netherwind

Netherwind Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GB 4090 Gaming OC
    I understand now as I watched Fextralifes video and wow, just wow. Looks like a super cool build which I'll try out ASAP.

Keitosha and wrathloki like this.
  20. WhiteLightning

WhiteLightning Don Illuminati Staff Member

GPU:
    Inno3d RTX4070