There are rumors about isolation of Russia`s segment of Internet...

Discussion in 'The Guru's Pub' started by mbk1969, Mar 7, 2022.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. KissSh0t

KissSh0t Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ASUS 3060 OC 12GB
  2. UnrealGaming

UnrealGaming Ancient Guru

GPU:
    -
  3. Horus-Anhur

Horus-Anhur Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RX 6800 XT
    Mearsheimer talks a lot about how the USA would not want China and Russia to have influence on countries neighboring itself.
    But he forgets that other countries have close relations with American countries. For example, Canada has very close relations with Great Britain. To the point that the British Queen Elizabeth II, is also the Queen of Canada.
    Most Spanish speaking countries in central and south America, have close relations with Spain. And Portugal has close relations with Brasil.
    But this was is an issue, because Great Britain, Portugal and Spain are Democracies, with free markets and political freedom.

He also makes a mistake when he frames the source of the conflict with the USA at it's center. The reality is that the conflict in the Ukraine has more to do with the EU, than the USA.
    For a decade now, the Ukraine has been moving towards closer relations with the EU, as a form to improve it's economic standing and it's people prosperity.
    Putin didn't like that and that's why there was the Ukrainian Revolution in 2013-2014.
    After that, the Ukraine has become closer to the EU, and more distant to Russia.
    It would be feasible to have an Ukraine with close relations with the EU, and nothing to do with NATO.
    But now that Putin has invaded the Ukraine, the only choice that countries that neighbor Russia, is to join NATO, to protect themself.

And let's not forget that Putin is 69 years old. He has little more to live for and little to lose.
    But that is not the same with all those recruits he sent to die in his war.
    So many young man, dead, because of an old man, with delusions of megalomania.

Airbud likes this.
  4. Horus-Anhur

Horus-Anhur Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RX 6800 XT
    EU signs US gas deal to curb reliance on Russia

Less money for Putins war.

user1 likes this.

5. UnrealGaming

GPU:
    -
    Edit. I think Mearsheimer's statements are crystal clear and speak for themselves. Nothing more to add.

Last edited: Mar 26, 2022
  6. Horus-Anhur

Horus-Anhur Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RX 6800 XT
    But that's the thing. The EU is not installing puppets in the Ukraine.
    The Ukrainian people want the prosperity, peace and freedom that a democracy and free market brings.
    The Ukraine doesn't have only borders with Russia. It also borders some EU members. And having closer relations with these EU countries is more beneficial than with Russia.

And mind you, the USA would care if China or Russia had close relations with Canada, for example, if they had democratic, friendly regimes.
    Russia neighbors the USA and Canada. Hadn´t Russia turned again into an Autocracy, there would probably be some sort of trade alliance, good diplomatic relationships, combined military exercises, etc.
    Let's just remember that 80 years ago, Japan, Italy and Germany were death enemies of the USA. Today they are all close allies to each other, in economics, military and diplomacy.

The issue is not about being China or Russia. The issue is having an autocratic, belligerent country at your own border. No one wants this.
    And you can be certain, that the Ukrainian people also don't want that.

Brasky and Airbud like this.
  7. UnrealGaming

GPU:
    -
    Edit. I think Mearsheimer's statements are crystal clear and speak for themselves. Nothing more to add.

8. KissSh0t

KissSh0t Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ASUS 3060 OC 12GB
  9. UnrealGaming

GPU:
    -
    Here's that John Mearsheimer talk from 2015, that i mentioned earlier.

This is a part of his summary ( starts at around 44:06 ) , just before the Q&A:

"... I actually think that the west is leading Ukraine down the primrose path. And the end result is that Ukraine is going to get rekt.
    And I believe, the policy that I'm advocating, which is neutralizing Ukraine and then building it up economically, getting it out of the competition between Russia on one side and NATO on the other side, is the best thing that could happen to the Ukrainians.
    What we're doing is encouraging the Ukrainians to play tough with the Russians. We're encouraging the Ukrainians to think that they will ultimately become part of the west. 'Cause We will ultimately defeat Putin. And We will ultimately get our way. Time is on our side.
    And of course, the Ukrainians are playing along with this. And the Ukrainians are almost completely unwilling to compromise with the Russians. And instead wanna pursue a hard line policy. Well, as I said it before, the end result is that their country is gonna be rekt. And what we're doing is in fact encouraging that outcome".

And rekt they got. The guy absolutely nailed it. The entire thing is totally worth watching, especially if you've been out of the loop with the Ukraine situation, prior to this conflict.

10. Horus-Anhur

Horus-Anhur Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RX 6800 XT
    That's very wrong. This thing didn't start with the Ukraine trying to join NATO. That guy still thinks he is in the Cold War and there is a Warsaw Pact and an Iron Curtain.
    It started when the Ukraine and EU started doing more business. And the Ukraine starting on a patch more similar to a democracy, instead of the dictatorship that Putin wanted, just like in Belorussia.
    Putin tried a coup to enact his puppet dictatorial regime for the Ukraine. When the Ukrainian people refuse the Dictator that Putin wanted for the Ukraine, then Putin resorted to military action.
    So we had the invasion of Crimea in 2014 and now the full scale invasion of the country.

All it takes is a look at the history of the Ukraine to see that it's biggest threat and it's biggest source of suffering, has been Russia. By far.
    Now Putin proves this again. So what is the Ukraine to do? Well, exactly what Putin didn't want it to do. Join NATO, to protect itself from Russian aggression.

And the idea that Russia is entitled to anything from the Ukraine, just because it was once a part of the Russian Empire, is complete nonsense.
    By that logic Great Britain could claim the USA, India, South Africa and so on.
    Portugal could claim Angola, Brasil, Mozambique, Macau, Timor, etc.
    But once again, this is complete nonsense. These countries have the right to be independent.
    An so does the Ukraine and it's people.
    Now thousands are dying, both Ukrainians and Russians, because of a madman stuck in the mindset of the 1800s.

11. KissSh0t

KissSh0t Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ASUS 3060 OC 12GB

*edit*

12. UnrealGaming

GPU:
    -
    Based on some of the things you're saying, I don't think you've watched his presentation tbh. Your comment is just completely off track. So, I don't think it's worth engaging with any further.

13. TroubledThoughts

TroubledThoughts Member

GPU:
    Geforce RTX 3070 Ti
    Didn’t Kaspersky move under GMBH and leave Russian side of things years ago?

14. Airbud

Airbud Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX RX 5600XT
    If Russia f***s with a NATO country their ass is grass.

Deal's a deal.

15. Ghosty

Ghosty Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 3050
    Russia is part of NATO. Ukraine isn't.

16. UnrealGaming

GPU:
    -

lol. I'm just gonna pretend you two are trolling and never take your posts seriously again. :)

17. DannyD

DannyD Ancient Guru

GPU:
    evga 2060
    So we got conspiracies and just plain bs now, great.
    No russia ain't part of nato lol.

18. Airbud

Airbud Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX RX 5600XT
    I want to say this one thing and I truly believe it in my heart!

If we kill this one son of a b**** the world would be a better place tomorrow!

You can sugarcoat this all you want but he's killing people Now!

Let's kill it before it kills us!

(please forgive me mods) I had a couple drinks.

Love y'all

19. KissSh0t

KissSh0t Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ASUS 3060 OC 12GB
    Some news you might enjoy then... https://www.aol.co.uk/news/death-sentence-putin-die-says-070505803.html

*fingers crossed*

20. Airbud

Airbud Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX RX 5600XT
    your whole life is pretend.

why else would you comment?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.