Horizon Forbidden West

Discussion in 'Consoles & console games' started by WhiteLightning, Jun 11, 2020.

1. bobnewels

bobnewels Maha Guru

GPU:
    amd
    Thanks for the reply,no more questios from me. I am installing Elden Ring now and going to play that and see if it is good or bad.

2. anxious_f0x

anxious_f0x Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ASUS TUF RTX 4090
    I’ve finished the main quest line now, really enjoyed it. The story, while very different from the first game, did keep me hooked.

Will probably wait for the PC version if there is one to do a second play through.

3. Netherwind

Netherwind Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GB 4090 Gaming OC
    Patch 1.60 is out!

https://www.reddit.com/r/horizon/comments/t4x320/horizon_forbidden_west_patch_106/

KNOWN ISSUES

We are currently looking into several issues reported by the community. Please note that these issues are not yet fixed in this patch, but our teams are investigating them with high priority.

• The team continues to investigate several graphical issues reported by players regarding shimmering, sharpening and screen saturation when moving the camera.

• Some players have reported that the Firegleam icons do not get removed from the map after interacting with them.

• Some players have reported an issue in side quest ‘Breaking Even’ where they are not able to talk to Porguf when Talanah is in Camp Nowhere, blocking progression of this quest.

• Some players have reported that the music track “The World on Her Shoulders” keeps repeating during their playthrough. We have a partial fix included in this patch to prevent this issue from happening to players who did not encounter this issue during their playthrough yet. We are still looking into a fix for players who are currently experiencing this issue.

• Some players have reported not being able to reach 100% in the Game Progression menu, our team is investigating.

FIXES AND IMPROVEMENTS

Main Quests
    • Fixed an issue in main quest ‘Reach for the Stars’ where Varl could become stuck swimming, which resulted in a missing prompt to [Examine the Machine Carcass] at the Glinthawk sighting site, thus blocking further progression.

• Fixed an issue in main quest ‘Reach for the Stars’ where Varl would visibly teleport after the Focus scanning tutorial.

• Fixed an issue in main quest ‘Reach for the Stars’ where Aloy could become stuck in a falling animation when she grabbed a collapsing climbing point and used the Pullcaster on a Grapple Point at the same time.

• Fixed an issue in main quest ‘Reach for the Stars’ where there was a sudden change in sunlight when Aloy was traversing a certain spot inside the shuttle tower.

• Fixed an issue in main quest ‘Death’s Door’ where reloading from a certain save would cause the Firegleam explosion to replay.

• Fixed an issue in main quest ‘The Dying Lands’ where Aloy and her companions would get snowed on while inside the cauldron.

• Fixed an issue in main quest ‘The Broken Sky’ where Kotallo could sometimes become distracted and stray from the task at hand, which could block further progression.

• Fixed an issue in main quest ‘The Broken Sky’ where Aloy would be placed in an unintended pose when reloading a certain save.

• Fixed an issue in main quest ‘The Kulrut’ where an objective marker was leading towards a blocked path.

• Fixed an issue in main quest ‘Seeds of the Past’ where Alva could sometimes not reach the console, blocking progression.

• Fixed an issue in main quest ‘Seeds of the Past’ where reloading the save after killing the machines outside of test station Elm would spawn Aloy stuck in the floor.

• Fixed an issue in main quest ‘Singularity’ where reloading a certain save would cause a certain line of dialogue to play again incorrectly.

Side Quests
    • Fixed an issue in side quest ‘The Blood Choke’ where Atekka would not move into position when needed, thus blocking progression.

• Fixed an issue in side quest ‘The Promontory’ where reloading from a save after the ‘Investigate the bridge’ objective would place the player in Plainsong.

• Tempered the vigilance of machines in side quest “The Wound in the Sand”, so that they no longer enter a suspicious state immediately upon reloading from a certain save.

• Fixed an issue in side quest “A Tribe Apart” where reloading a save created after opening the metal flower at Riverwatch would cause the vines to respawn.

World Activities
    • Fixed an infinite black screen that would occur after stashing the Champion’s Spear and then starting any Tutorial or Challenge in Chainscrape Melee Pit, or a fixed loadout challenge in the Arena.

• Fixed an issue in Cauldron Mu where a platform at the end of the cauldron could stream in late, trapping the player underneath.

• Fixed an issue in salvage contract The Stillsands: Pristine Bellowback where the incorrect machine corpse was spawned when reloading from save after defeating the machine.

• Fixed an issue in Machine Strike where the player was no longer able to attack after selecting to repeat the instructions regarding unit combat power.

• Fixed an issue in Machine Strike where the compass would appear on screen after the player retried a match they lost.

• Fixed an issue where a wild loading screen could pop up while in the Arena menu, after returning from a challenge.

• Fixed an issue where scavenger machines would not appear after killing other types of machines in certain habitats.

• Fixed an issue with dome views where the icons would not display correctly after reloading a save.

• Fixed an issue in Salvage Contract: The Lost Supplies where the quest could not be turned in under certain circumstances.

• Fixed an issue with the track "The World on Her Shoulders" repeating if the player used fast-travel after climbing a Signal Tower. Please note that this is not fixed for players who already encountered this issue, we are investigating a separate fix for this.

UI/UX

• Removed haptic feedback when standing next to a campfire and when fast-traveling if the Vibration Intensity sliders are set to 0.

• Fixed an issue where a Vista image would appear in front of a Black Box collectible in the menu.

Graphics

• Fixed multiple instances of objects in the world visibly popping between different levels of detail.

• Fixed an issue in Photo Mode where parts of Aloy’s outfit and body would become blurry in certain poses.

• Improved visual differentiation of the attack and move indicators in Machine Strike.

• Fixed a cosmetic issue with underwater cubemap.

• Fixed an issue where a blurry artefact was visible around the Heavy Crossbow when using it in combat.

• Fixed several instances of the camera jittering and behaving in an unintentional way.

• Several craftable quest items had the incorrect model in the workbench interface, those have now been replaced with the final assets.

• Fixed an issue with Parallax Mapped Foam by removing variable height scale in favor of a constant value; when original dynamic input value got too high it started separating the parallax layers. To fix the nasty separation of the layers at glancing angles the height scale is set by a bit of fresnel based logic.

• Fixed several instances of NPCs in settlements not displaying the correct level of detail when playing the PS4 version of the game.

• Fixed an issue in the Chainscrape tavern where moving the camera in a certain spot would cause sudden changes in lighting.

• Improved noise reduction on screen space ambient occlusion.

• Reduced the intensity of the vignette screen effect when activating Valor Surges, and when Aloy was at low health.

Performance and Stability
    • Multiple crash fixes.

• Fixed multiple assets that would pop in or stream in visibly during cinematics.

• Fixed several unintentional loading screens/black screens that would trigger in specific points.

Other
    • Aloy will not mention her stash quite as often as before.

• Multiple localization fixes and text alignment corrections.

• Multiple visual and audio improvements to cinematics.

• Fixed an issue where Aloy would freeze in a specific pose when switching weapons during a charged heavy melee attack.

• Fixed an issue where remapping the controls for Primary Fire to R1 would prevent the player from throwing rocks.

• The spear impact when using ‘Strike From Above’ was missing a sound effect that has now been added.

• Fixed an issue where the player would lose control of Aloy if sprinting and sliding into the water at a specific spot in the ruins north of Landfall.

• Fixed an issue with the camera during the end credits.

• Fixed several instances of the mount behaving erratically in specific locations while riding on roads.

4. Netherwind

Netherwind Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GB 4090 Gaming OC

5. tsunami231

tsunami231 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 1070Ti Black
    I hear it fix some image quality issue in peformance mode

6. WhiteLightning

WhiteLightning Don Illuminati Staff Member

GPU:
    Inno3d RTX4070
    Hello everyone,

We’ve just released Patch 1.08. Thanks to everyone who has used the Support Form to share their issues with us, please continue to do so for any bugs you come across in Horizon Forbidden West.

** Please note that some patch notes may contain SPOILERS!**

PATCH NOTES

KNOWN ISSUES

We are currently looking into several issues reported by the community. Please note that these issues are not yet fixed in this patch, but our teams are investigating them with high priority.

• The team are continuing to investigate and tweak the reported graphical issues regarding shimmering, sharpening and screen saturation.

• Some players have reported multiple issues with various types of traversal after the player fast travels to any campfire while gliding inside of a tornado.

• Some players have reported an issue with receiving the reward after completing the Black Box Collectibles activity.

FIXES AND IMPROVEMENTS

Main Quests

• Fixed an issue in main quest ‘To The Brink’ where using Silent Strike on a quest-specific Bristleback would teleport the player to Chainscrape.

• Fixed an issue in main quest ‘The Dying Lands’ where Varl and Zo would sometimes idle outside of Plainsong and block progression.

• Fixed an issue in main quest ‘The Dying Lands’ where Aloy’s companions would not lead the way after restarting from a specific save.

• Fixed an issue in main quest ‘The Broken Sky’ where reloading a certain save could sometimes disable fast travel unintentionally.

• Fixed an issue in main quest ‘Cradle of Echoes’ where loading a save created on the previous patch would cause Aloy to be stuck in the Base.

• Fixed an issue in main quest ‘Thebes’ where Aloy’s breathing sounds were playing during a cinematic sequence.

• Fixed an issue in main quest ‘All That Remains’ where restarting from a certain save would cause Aloy to spawn in the Base and unable to leave.
    Side Quests

• Fixed an issue in side quest ‘The Bristlebacks’ where Ulvund didn’t get the memo and stuck around in Chainscrape after the quest was completed.

• Fixed an issue in side quest ‘What Was Lost’ where Kotallo would sometimes become unresponsive when reloading from a specific save.

• Fixed an issue in side quest ‘Blood For Blood’ where Kavvoh and Arokkeh could not be interacted with in specific circumstances, blocking progression.

• Fixed an issue in side quest ‘Forbidden Legacy’ where fast traveling during the Slitherfang encounter would cause the machine to not respawn, thus blocking progression.

• Fixed an issue in side quest ‘The Roots that Bind’ where the quest objective "Go to the Drumroot" would not complete after damaging the Widemaws from a large distance.

• Fixed an issue in errand quest ‘Call And Response’ where killing the enemies before receiving the objective to do so could block progression.
    World Activities

• Fixed an issue in Gauntlet Run, where passing the finish line in last place would result in a win in specific circumstances.

• Fixed several issues with specific Firegleam and Metal Flower icons not being displayed on the map.

• Fixed an issue where Firegleam icons would not be correctly removed from the map once the related activity was completed.

• Fixed an issue where fast travel would be disabled in specific circumstances when loading a save made while playing Machine Strike.
    UI/UX

• Fixed an issue where the Machine Strike UI would briefly flicker at the end of a game.
    Graphics

• Fixed an issue where Aloy wouldn’t appear wet anymore after being in water.

• Multiple graphics fixes and improvements in cinematics.

• Multiple visual improvements in shadows and clouds.

• Fixed an issue where Photo Mode controls would be frozen when initiating Photo Mode during a swan dive.
    Performance and Stability

• Multiple crash fixes.

• Multiple performance and streaming improvements in cinematics.

• Removed multiple unintentional loading screens and black screens.

• Fixed multiple instances of streaming and visual popping.
    Other

• Made several improvements to the NPCs’ movement and animations in settlements.

• Made it easier to tag individual components when using motion aiming and scanning machines.

• When picking up potions or tools that don't fit in your toolbelt anymore they are now moved to the stash.

• Several balancing changes to weapons and enemies.

• Fixed several instances where Aloy could get stuck in geometry.

• Fixed an issue where the ‘All Machine Types Scanned’ trophy could be easily missed during the final main quest ‘Singularity’.

• Fix for the mount call sometimes causing the flying mount to be spawned in undesirable positions and in rare cases be unreachable.

• Several datapoints that are located in areas that the player could not return to are now automatically unlocked upon the player leaving that space.

• Fixed multiple instances of specific music tracks getting stuck and repeating.

Please continue to inform us of any issues via the Support Form. We appreciate those who have taken the time to submit a report already; they are immensely helpful for our teams!

Take care out in the wilds,

-Guerrilla

7. tsunami231

tsunami231 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 1070Ti Black
    for those that have game, has patches fixed performance mode issues in quality and hitches the cut scenes had?

8. Netherwind

Netherwind Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GB 4090 Gaming OC
    Nope and nope. There could be a slight improvement but it's very small. I started playing in Fidelity mode for the last three evening and am slowly getting used to it. It looks SO much better.

I'm so sick and tired of the Performance mode and I honestly don't think Guerilla will ever fix it.

If you don't own the game yet, wait for the PC version if you're sensitive to such things and have other games to play.

9. Dragam1337

Dragam1337 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4090 Gaming OC
    Should always wait for the pc version regardless, as long as you have a decent pc... :p

10. anxious_f0x

anxious_f0x Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ASUS TUF RTX 4090
    I finished all the main story, but I’m going to wait for the PC version for second play through where I’ll mop up all the side quests and collectibles etc.

11. tsunami231

tsunami231 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 1070Ti Black
    not really sure my pc is consider decent still if i think about my 6700k is now as old as my 920 before i replaced it and i have no intentions of replace the 6700k atm

my preferense is still consoles, so long at 60fps is as smooth as it is on HZD on ps5 60 mode i wont care but i dont have the game yet so i dont know

12. Netherwind

Netherwind Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GB 4090 Gaming OC
    Sure but I must say that Haptic Feedback, 3D Sound and near instant loading times adds to the immersion :)

13. WhiteLightning

GPU:
    Inno3d RTX4070
    I am pretty sure you will love this game. no doubt about that.
    It was overly sharp before, so the grass looked bad on the eyes. they finetuned that a bit, so it is more pleasantly now.

Be prepared to sink a lot of hours in it, and then some more :D It has a lot of collecting.

14. tsunami231

tsunami231 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 1070Ti Black
    I droped 500+ hours in to HZD so i am sure i love this game if it much the same and I still haven platinum it , as I am busy with Nioh and nioh 2 again. I did manage to beat 2077 between all this

WhiteLightning likes this.
  15. garyb

garyb Master Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte RTX 4070
    Just started this now, game plays and looks good much like the first one but the horrible graphics shimmering is annoying. Hope they patch this soon.

16. WhiteLightning

GPU:
    Inno3d RTX4070
    I finally beaten the game. 135hrs at 88%. great game!!

will go for 100% somewhere this year.

serbicu, Undying and anxious_f0x like this.
  17. TheDigitalJedi

TheDigitalJedi Ancient Guru

GPU:
    2X ASUS TUF 4090 OC
    I still haven't loaded this up. Elden Ring is still kicking my butt. I'm glad the Gurus are enjoying Forbidden West. This gives me another title to look forward to. I purchased the collector's edition from Gamestop. The statue that comes with it is amazing.

The first Horizon game is in epic shape now on PC. It still looks amazing. It's also nice to see Forbidden West on PS5 receive the fixes that it needs.

Undying likes this.
  18. garyb

garyb Master Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte RTX 4070
    Done and dusted but not as good as Zero Dawn.

19. Loobyluggs

Loobyluggs Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 3060 12GB
  20. BlindBison

BlindBison Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 3070
    For me I just couldn’t get into these games. Guerilla has really declined as a studio since their peak with KZ2 imo. I enjoy some open world games (Cyberpunk / Red Dead / BotW / I guess the Arkham Games are sort of open world? / Crysis), but these ones didn’t do it for me.

Combat is just OK imo and the story didn’t work for me either (though I gave up on the first one about half way through).

On a technical level they’re exceptional but their games “usually” aren’t for me (barring specifically KZ2 and I suppose KZ3 was alright too).

Not trying to sleight anyone that loves em though to each their own and all that.

Loobyluggs likes this.