Sony PlayStation 5

Discussion in 'Consoles & console games' started by tsunami231, Apr 16, 2019.

1. WhiteLightning

WhiteLightning Don Illuminati Staff Member

GPU:
    Inno3d RTX4070
    Discord has Playstation status integration now.

Valken and drandiiski like this.
  2. serbicu

serbicu Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4090 Suprim
    Hey man thx for your thoughts on this :)
    All your points are valid, and yes, for a true HDR Experience , you need 1000nits. Meanwhile, I tried playing on my ps5 on my friends QLed 55 inch TV. To my surprise, what I discovered is, that I don’t like gaming from a distance and sitting on a couch….went back playing on my 32 inch monitor, and immediately felt like home :)

I’ve been playing for more than 25 years only desktop PC configuration , and I like to sit up close to the picture :D

So, I guess, I will still have to wait for a proper 32 miniLED monitor that can truly do HDR 10+ also with 120hz and at least 2 HDMI 2.1 ports.

Right now the best we can have (sub 1500 euros) is some viewsonic, asus, Msi and gigabyte 32 monitors that use the same ups panel with 120 hz, HDMI 2.1 but only up to HDR 600 (so max 630 something Nits). All these options are not worth it atm.

Most likely, something will come up on the monitor side, but not sure if I want to pay more than 1500 ( still a log of money for a monitor) euros for one.

Cheers :)

Serotonin likes this.
  3. Serotonin

Serotonin Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus RTX 4080 16GB
    Yeah. I know I said it last time. But I'm so surprised that PC is so behind regarding monitors. The place to play games looking best. Where people pay thousands for just a video card, still doesn't have decent HDR @ 4K with HDMI 2.1. It's crazy. So cutting edge in so many areas and stuck in this archaic time with monitors. I know what you mean about being closer to the screen. It took me a while to adjust and now, I tried gaming on my monitor in some non HDR games and couldn't do it. The screen was too small. I've adjusted too much. I believe I got a 49 inch. I believe PPI matters so I tried to get something below 50 inches. I know what you mean though. There's an adjustment period.

serbicu likes this.
  4. serbicu

serbicu Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4090 Suprim
    Yes, to me is mind-boggling how the only monitors you can find out there, that are true hdr 1400 certified (still no HDMI 2.1 on them go figure) cost like over or around 3000 euros! I don't watch TV, so I cannot justify buying a TV FOR GAMING if I don't like gaming from a distance, and also not sure if I will ever adjust like you did. I mean how long will that take? I guess I will enjoy the new HZD and EldenRing still on my monitor.

BTW, what TV model do you have?

Serotonin likes this.

5. Horus-Anhur

Horus-Anhur Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RX 6800 XT
  6. Loobyluggs

Loobyluggs Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 3060 12GB
    For a complete and up-to-date list of certified HDR products in the various categories, go to the source:

https://displayhdr.org/certified-products/

No need to go anywhere else. These people made the standard. Their word is final.

Serotonin likes this.
  7. Serotonin

Serotonin Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus RTX 4080 16GB
    Thanks for the link!

8. garyb

garyb Master Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte RTX 4070
    C1 owner here, once you go OLED there is no going back. C1 has good burn in protection.

Maddness and serbicu like this.
  9. Ghosty

Ghosty Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 3050
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

First look at Sony's VR2 for the PS5. Probably won't be compatible with the PS4.

10. WhiteLightning

GPU:
    Inno3d RTX4070

11. Ghosty

Ghosty Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 3050
    Last edited: Feb 22, 2022
  12. Ghosty

Ghosty Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 3050
    In case anyone missed Sony's latest State of Play.

13. tsunami231

tsunami231 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 1070Ti Black
    this probably never gona happen seeing it never happen with prior gens, but Dual sense NATIVE support in windows? or sony driver that would give support? still unlikely?

I would like to use my sony contolers on windows but i want native support or driver support via sony for and not need to really on 3rd party software or steam

14. WhiteLightning

GPU:
    Inno3d RTX4070
    Yeah, not even dualshock 4 is supported.
    And even if it was, functionality is totally missing , like the speaker or proper rumble.

In short they are just emulated xinput gamepads like xbox.

15. tsunami231

tsunami231 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 1070Ti Black
    I just want it to work i could care less about adaptive/haptive stuff or even the touch pad i just want basic functions of pad to have native support i dont care if emulated threw xinput dont even care about rumble either most time badly support even when it is. if steam can do there is no reason why sony cant release drivers to support it, i can understand why MS would not support it natively, but not why sony dont want to make driver for it for windows. less again it MS blocking it which dont see.

16. Horus-Anhur

Horus-Anhur Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RX 6800 XT
    PS5 and PS4 System Software Updates release globally today

On the horizon: Variable Refresh Rate support for PS5
    We’re also pleased to share that Variable Refresh Rate (VRR) is planned to release on PS5 in the coming months. On HDMI 2.1-compatible TVs and PC monitors, VRR dynamically syncs the refresh rate of the display to the PS5 console’s graphical output. This enhances visual performance for PS5 games by minimizing or eliminating visual artifacts, such as frame pacing issues and screen tearing. Gameplay in many PS5 titles feels smoother as scenes render instantly, graphics look crisper, and input lag is reduced. Previously released PS5 games can be fully optimized for VRR through a game patch and future games may include VRR support at launch.

[​IMG]
    As an added option, you can also choose to apply VRR to PS5 games that don’t support it. This feature may improve video quality for some games. If this results in any unexpected visual effects, you can turn off this option at any time. Both VRR and this secondary option can be turned on or off.

Please note that results may vary depending on the TV you’re using and game you’re playing. As we get closer to the feature’s release, we’ll share more details, including some of the games that will enable VRR support through a game patch.

Maddness likes this.
  17. tsunami231

tsunami231 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 1070Ti Black
    hmm dont have that feature on my tv, or my monitor, but like i will have on my next monitor before i get another tv i getting the urge to buy a Dell 27" again.

18. WhiteLightning

GPU:
    Inno3d RTX4070
    Keitosha likes this.
  19. tsunami231

tsunami231 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 1070Ti Black
    read it kind moot to me i have zero instrest in cloud gaming, so ps+ tiers for wont change. i will keep getting the ps+ which now "essential" for year when it on sale for lie 29-39$, my current sub to dont even end for till dec 2024

less i can download to my system and play on it the whole concept of "gamepass" is just another way to say cloud/stream gaming.

20. anxious_f0x

anxious_f0x Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ASUS TUF RTX 4090
    You’ve been able to download PS4 games on PS Now for a few years now, and it’s library of games has grown a lot. It’s mainly PS3 era titles that are streaming only.