No Game Ready Driver this time and much more

Discussion in 'Videocards - NVIDIA GeForce Drivers Section' started by Alberto_It, Mar 3, 2022.

1. CyberSparky

CyberSparky Member Guru

GPU:
    EVGA RTX 3080 XC3
    You are not a neglected user by Nvidia or anyone here. You've already stated that the fixes you need are in the next driver per @ManuelG . Continuing to post repeatedly here about the lack of your entitled driver is a waste of your time and energy, as well as anyone who takes the time to read all this nonsense.

The only fix for your problems atm is as stated many times prior: Roll back to a previous driver if you have issues with the latest.

TLDR: Nothing to see here.

Last edited: Mar 10, 2022
    Terepin, CalculuS, AuerX and 4 others like this.
  2. big ROBOT bill

big ROBOT bill Ancient Guru

GPU:
    TUF 4070Ti OC
    Yes! Please

3. Archvile82

Archvile82 Master Guru

GPU:
    ROG STRIX 4090 OC
    Their not neglecting anyone, they had their digital certificates leaked so I'm sure there having to sort that out amongst other things before they release anything that runs a install process.

It's unfortunate but blame the assholes who hacked the company.

I was seeing DWM.exe issues but that turned out to be a firmware issue with my Xbox series x wireless controller. Once I updated it the errors have cleared so it's worth checking that out if you have one.

4. Astyanax

Astyanax Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1080ti
    nvidia hasn't used those particular certificates in some time, they are sha1 only.

Archvile82 likes this.

5. cricket bones

cricket bones Master Guru

GPU:
    EVGA RTX 3080 FTW
    Most of us here know exactly when the new driver will come, but we just withhold that info on the forum unless you know the secret handshake.

6. squalles

squalles Maha Guru

GPU:
    Galax RTX 4070ti
    probably comes a new driver only when 3090ti goes out, and beta version and with inf giving support exclusively to him, you will need change to install

7. Memorian

Memorian Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4090
    Ghostwire: Tokyo 25/3

8. vf

vf Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ATi Radeon™
    This is the first I knew of it.

I've never upgraded/downgraded from 497.29. As I cannot go back that far due to TT Isle of Man Ride on the Edge 2 crashing on drivers that are older. It has a known game crash after the intro to the game with older drivers.

Though I'm surprised how well God of War runs on 497.29.

9. sapo_joe

sapo_joe Master Guru

GPU:
    ASUS TUF RTX4090 OC
    What videocard do you have, and why do you love specifically 497.29 drivers?

10. vf

vf Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ATi Radeon™
    3080 Ti. As I said on anything older, TT Isle of Man Ride on the Edge 2 crashes on startup. I don't really love them. When I find something that works I stick with them.

11. sapo_joe

sapo_joe Master Guru

GPU:
    ASUS TUF RTX4090 OC
    I see...

Well, latest GRD are working flawlessly here, 3070 card.

12. zheega

zheega Active Member

GPU:
    RX6800XT
    No nVidia driver just when I have no driver bugs of any kind? This feels so weird.

big ROBOT bill likes this.
  13. big ROBOT bill

big ROBOT bill Ancient Guru

GPU:
    TUF 4070Ti OC
    Queue spooky music

14. KIBERMAX

KIBERMAX Member

GPU:
    GTX 1060 6Gb
    All the problems that many users report, I have never seen them, I have never had a problem with the driver, I am even very glad that new driver versions are not coming out, it means that NVIDIA engineers will have more time to fix mythical problems that I have never seen.

15. FR4GGL3

FR4GGL3 Master Guru

GPU:
    GB 4090 Gaming OC
    Not every reported Problem is a driver problem and even if it is, it might not occour on every hardware generation. But that also doesn't mean there are no issues that have to get fixed in the driver.

It seems that nVidia has to fix other things first. And that is okay to me. I have a driver version that I can use without major issues. Back in the days there have been monthly releases. We are just used to get "new toys" every two weeks nowadays. But that doesn't mean that this is absolutely necessary.

16. LocoDiceGR

LocoDiceGR Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte 3060 Ti
    Day 101: Still no new driver. :D:rolleyes:

Alberto_It likes this.
  17. Alberto_It

Alberto_It Member Guru

GPU:
    MSI SUPRIM X 4090
    I think that there is nothing to joke about that, because if you take a look on Nvidia forum there are several negative feedback about the February release.

Personally I have never had problems but the latest version is a Game Issue Ready

One hotfix on the first half of the month could have been a not impossible task even after the hacker attack

18. aufkrawall2

aufkrawall2 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    7800 XT Hellhound
    There won't be a hotfix to fix an issue that only one user seems to suffer. Unless that user is Jensen himself, perhaps.

19. SmokingPistol

SmokingPistol Member Guru

GPU:
    RTX 3090
    What it *really* all comes down to, in many cases, is prioritization.

Not including the intrusion, GRD 511.79 is flawless, for the majority (except for a pesky thingy or two for others) where that leaves for NVIDIA to be available for its other portfolios to take high priority.

e.g.

Game Ready Drivers = "customers that we've retained and where are they going to go? But only wait until we decide to deploy a new driver."

Compared to:

GeForce Now = "We must act fast, and respond ASAP, to issues that arise to *retain paid monthly subs.* that are paying €9.99/19.99mo. up to €99.99 for 6mo, to pay for our new upgraded cloud servers' services, etc."

Of course, that's *only* my assessment.

Last edited: Mar 16, 2022
  20. eGGroLLiO

eGGroLLiO Master Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 3080ti FTW3
    Is the horse dead yet?