Article: BaseMark GPUScore Relic Of Life benchmarks with 22 GPUs

Discussion in 'Frontpage news' started by Hilbert Hagedoorn, Mar 8, 2022.

1. xg-ei8ht

xg-ei8ht Ancient Guru

GPU:
    1gb 6870 Sapphire
    RT can Look great. It's not just Reflections as many ppl I speak to think it is.

But Depending on How it's done. Some games Don't look better and with the added performance hit.

DLSS is a massive thing for Nvidia, anything over 4K is a pure waste of GPU power as well.

Hopefully in a couple of gens for Amd and Nvidia, RT will awesome in it's full range of effects.

AMD needs custom cores in it's next line and needs to come out swinging.

2. Stormyandcold

Stormyandcold Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX3080ti Founders
    Why? AMD's implementation is solid, they don't need custom cores at all, all they need to do is increase the number of ops for RT, from lets say 1 to 2.

If you want dedicated cores go Nvidia. This kind of thinking is what kills innovation, when everyone jumps on the same bandwagon and calls it a day.

AMD need to do their own thing and Nvidia need to do their own thing. The only common ground is that they need to run the same games, that's it. I don't believe in parity either. F*** parity. If one vendor does something unique then good for them, it does NOT automatically mean the other vendors need to do it too.

This is why AMD yields to it's userbase because you're all crying for RT and DLSS. FFS, ask them to do something new that Nvidia hasn't done instead! Come on!

Odarnok likes this.
  3. AlmondMan

AlmondMan Maha Guru

GPU:
    7900 XT Reference
    Very nice - I just ran a quick 3D mark and mine jumps just above 4.8ghz boost. I have PBO enabled and set to +200mhz offset and so on. But I also have the bios CPU cooler profile set to quiet...and am on X470. I have a Arctic Liquid Freezer 2 240mm (I wanted the 280, but it didn't fit in my case :'() and have done no further tweaking - so I dunno!

Airbud likes this.
  4. MonstroMart

MonstroMart Maha Guru

GPU:
    RX 6800 Red Dragon
    It's the next step though not the current one. I mean this is perfectly fine to test raytracing now as long as there is a realization that in 99% of the games it makes no difference at all. I have a 6800 and i enabled RT in a few games so far to see my fps tank with no visual benefit at all. The only game i played where i would say RT was a gain is Control but it's mostly because the game was built around it. All the other games i tested with RT looked like those 3d movies of a few years ago where the 3d was slapped on it in a hurry because it was the cool new thing (instead of being done properly like Avatar). RT will get there in a few years but it's not there yet. It doesn't help that the first generation of RT cards were simply not powerful enough outside of the 2080Ti and the current cards price has been inflated for a while. Basically almost nobody got a capable RT card so companies will keep for now and probably the next year or two slap RT in a hurry to be able to say they support it without taking the time to implement it properly.

Last edited: Mar 11, 2022
    carnivore and Airbud like this.

5. AuerX

AuerX Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Militech Apogee
    Cool opinion bro.

6. Makaveli

Makaveli Member

GPU:
    RX 7900 XTX
    i'm on a 360mm AIO +200mhz on pbo also with curve optimizer on and tuned per core.

7. Astyanax

Astyanax Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1080ti
  8. Horus-Anhur

Horus-Anhur Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RX 6800 XT
  9. Spets

Spets Guest

GPU:
    RTX 4090
    Only games it makes no difference at all in are AMD sponsored games because they barely cast any rays so it doesn't cripple their shaders.

Odarnok likes this.
  10. Prcko101

Prcko101 Guest

GPU:
    RX 480

I would say they are the same essentially when Radeon receive`s new drivers and especially new AMD FidelityFX™ Super Resolution.

Especially when they draw less power and you have less heat.

11. Prcko101

Prcko101 Guest

GPU:
    RX 480
    This is really NVIDIA favored benchmark they use closed software unlike AMD open sourced, NVIDIA is crap company never liked their products nor them as a company. Glad that we have Intel GPU`s in now, to have options to buy something.

12. Prcko101

Prcko101 Guest

GPU:
    RX 480

AMD are way better option

13. Horus-Anhur

Horus-Anhur Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RX 6800 XT
    This is a benchmark focused in Ray-Tracing. And right now, nVidia is miles ahead of AMD in RT capabilities.
    Nothing to do with open or close source software.

Odarnok and AuerX like this.
  14. Prcko101

Prcko101 Guest

GPU:
    RX 480
    You mean NVIDIA ray tracing not pure ray tracing ?

15. AuerX

AuerX Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Militech Apogee
    Umm...

No.

16. Horus-Anhur

Horus-Anhur Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RX 6800 XT
    [​IMG]

17. Odarnok

Odarnok Active Member

GPU:
    32 GB DDR3 2133 MHz
    No, DX12 Ultimate Ray Tracing and Vulkan Ray Tracing.

The same code for Nvidia and AMD.

Otherwise, please, show facts (benchmark code) than deny this. Because universal benchs are agnostic by desing.

18. Horus-Anhur

Horus-Anhur Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RX 6800 XT
    He has no facts.
    Everyone knows that the RT implementation from AMD is very limited.

19. cucaulay malkin

cucaulay malkin Ancient Guru

GPU:
    AD102/Navi21
    3dmark path tracing is as close to pure,brand agnostic ray tracing as can be atm

20. AuerX

AuerX Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Militech Apogee
    Just a bored Troll more likely.